How many plan to "downgrade" when the 4S / Base is announced

Discussion in 'Pricing, Reserving, Ordering, Production' started by Austin_yeahbaby, Oct 5, 2019.

?
  1. I’m sticking with my current choice - Turbo/Turbo S all the way

19.4%
  2. Depends on the new price/spec

11.1%
  3. Definitely moving to lower model - looking forward to a cheaper version

41.7%
  4. I’ve not ordered yet, - waiting to see the full range before ordering

22.2%
  5. It’s all just a bit too expensive and I might sit out for a while

5.6%
  1. Austin_yeahbaby

Vehicles:
    911s Cabriolet
    With the 4S release imminent, I was wondering how many people plan to change their spec down from a Turbo/Turbo S to the 4S or base.

I’ve not placed my deposit yes as my dealer says that that it will be a first come first served on each model, so even if I’m top of the list or 20th on the Turbo S list, it starts afresh when the 4s new model is released.

2. Persuader

Persuader Member

First Name:
    Peter
    Vehicles:
    Porsche 992, Aston Martin Vantage, Range Rover Sport, Audi A8, Range Rover Velar
    My dealer says I can slide across and keep my position.

3. Penners

Penners Member

Vehicles:
    Discovery 5 HSE
    My dealer says deposit list is in chronological order and as models are released they will return to the top of the overall list to see who is interested in progressing an order on the new models....

Singularity likes this.
  4. Persuader

Persuader Member

First Name:
    Peter
    Vehicles:
    Porsche 992, Aston Martin Vantage, Range Rover Sport, Audi A8, Range Rover Velar
  5. Singularity

Singularity Active Member

Vehicles:
    Audi A7
    There is no "Turbo S list", not over here anyway. Deposits are equally for the two Turbo models and the 4S. The local dealer clarified that the deposit/reservation is viable for the 4S equally.

So if I decide to buy the 4S I should go pretty much to the top of the list. As I skipped on the Turbo models.

6. Penners

Penners Member

Vehicles:
    Discovery 5 HSE
    Guess that depends how close to the top of the list you were versus how many of those above you have actually ordered a Turbo / Turbo S There may be a lot of people holding out to see the 4s price and specs before committing!

Singularity likes this.
  7. Singularity

Singularity Active Member

Vehicles:
    Audi A7
    Yes, I expect there to be quite a few who are waiting for the 4S reveal. But I made my deposit on the first day it was possible so I expect to be in a good position. :)

Penners likes this.
  8. Toby Pennycuff

First Name:
    Toby
    Vehicles:
    Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, on list for Taycan
    #8 Toby Pennycuff, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Have already heard from my dealer that I moved up two spots to #6 as two ahead of me went with the Turbo/Turbo S. Really looking forward to learning more about the 4S and what the option list will contain. I know that I will be ordering that passenger side screen AND the 9.6Kw charger. Still on the fence about wheel selection. Love the Mission e wheels, but the wheel offered on the configurator is similar, not identical.
    Now if Electrify America would just build some charging stations here in TX!

Toby

Skystorm likes this.
  9. Skystorm

Skystorm Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicles:
    Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid Sport Turismo
    I think we will see new rims..

10. cometguy

cometguy Member

Vehicles:
    2018 Panamera 4 Sport Turismo E-Hybrid
    I will sit back for a year or two, to see how the first Taycans turn out -- hearing about pros and cons from actual owners who are actually driving them daily over a period of many months instead of just reviewers who only drive the car for a couple of hours. I doubt that I'll put in more than $100k for a BEV, period, so I may just wait until the Macan BEV comes out in a couple of years. The Cross Turismo is definitely more my style, though -- prefer it vastly to the current rendition of Taycan "Turbos", and I hope that the Cross Turismo ends up looking close to what has been shown the last year or so. I'd prefer something between the Taycan and Macan in a BEV, and the Cross Turismo seems perfect that way. I definitely am not interested in sedans with standard trunks; I like hatchbacks and the ability to put down the back seats, for more practicality. I actually find my Panamera Sport Turismo very practical, and I think it looks way better than the Panamera "sedan".