Is Your Dealer Showing You The Love?

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
You put money down on something that was clearly labeled a concept car. The Taycan is not the Mission E. It's a production vehicle based off of the concept, but it is NOT the concept.
That's fair. But one does expect a certain level of sporty proportions-i.e. for the Taycan to look more like a Mission E than a Panamera.

To be fair to it, this is the case from the front, it looks very athletic, very sporty, very much like a road-legal Mission E from the front.

Alas, this is not so from the sides. Since they've decided not to use the Mission E spoiler (a poor decision in my view) the rear and sides, unfortunately, do look more like a Panamera than a Mission E. I'm hoping there's a lot more camo on the rear hiding the Mission E spoiler, i'll be overjoyed if this is the case.
Sponsored

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
Agree. I would also add some comments from Blume that may have sparked people’s excitement enough that the production car would be close to the concept. Also, it was only recently that Porsche began marketing the prototypes in public (via the 3 public events) as opposed to sending the Mission E out to public events to build excitement around the Taycan. Now, I’m not blaming Porsche at all, I’m just pointing this out to be fair to those who may have bought into the concept:)

March 16, 2016:
It is said that the production version will be similar to the Porsche Mission E concept. Oliver Blume (Porsche CEO) speaks to Autocar regarding this.

March 10, 2016:
Porsche CEO Oliver Blume stresses that the Mission E will resemble the concept,

That's fair. But one does expect a certain level of sporty proportions-i.e. for the Taycan to look more like a Mission E than a Panamera.

To be fair to it, this is the case from the front, it looks very athletic, very sporty, very much like a road-legal Mission E from the front.

Alas, this is not so from the sides. Since they've decided not to use the Mission E spoiler (a poor decision in my view) the rear and sides, unfortunately, do look more like a Panamera than a Mission E. I'm hoping there's a lot more camo on the rear hiding the Mission E spoiler, i'll be overjoyed if this is the case.

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
Again, the only person here on the Forum who have saw the Taycan is our good friend PAG_J1. Not only he said that that the car will be very similar to the Mission E but he also said that the lines of the car will be more agressive than the mules that are circulating (that we´ve seen so far).

This dude put his neck on the line for this forum not only by providing inside info on the car but also by sharing with us those Taycan covered pics so i think we all can trust him when he says that it will look very good!

Regards.

Porsche Taycan Is Your Dealer Showing You The Love? Clip_7_

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
And this is why I still have hope that we may be surprised at how much was hiding under the camo than we realize
Again, the only person here on the Forum who have saw the Taycan is our good friend PAG_J1. Not only he said that that the car will be very similar to the Mission E but he also said that the lines of the car will be more agressive than the mules that are circulating (that we´ve seen so far).

This dude put his neck on the line for this forum not only by providing inside info on the car but also by sharing with us those Taycan covered pics so i think we all can trust him when he says that it will look very good!

Regards.

Clip_7_.jpg

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
Dude, talking about being shocked. The first time i saw the 996 was in Portugal Expo 98 back in....98. It was a Carrera 2 and it was parked next a 993 C4S. I think Porsche learned the lesson well. No more ugly shit with the 911 headlamps since then (we had to waint until 2005 with the 997 but they learned their lesson)

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
Another thing, the 996 is an awesome car! No doubt about that, the looks, specially the MK1 versions was something that...."i wanted to kill" somebodyo_O

DM8

First Name
Shi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Canyan
Country flag
I just got a call from my dealer. They are inviting deposit’s holders to Frankfurt on Sept 17 for the Taycan’s official presentation and the day after for the IAA.
congratulations!

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
March 16, 2016:
It is said that the production version will be similar to the Porsche Mission E concept. Oliver Blume (Porsche CEO) speaks to Autocar regarding this.

March 10, 2016:
Porsche CEO Oliver Blume stresses that the Mission E will resemble the concept,
I very much want to believe this, I really do. And from the front, I'd say he's right-it does look very similar to the Mission E, very sporty indeed

As for the sides and rear, I'm hoping beyond hope that the mules have fake panels or something, and something really good is hidden under the camo.

One of the grounds for optomism is that Porsche is still using the Mission E in promo

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
And this is why I still have hope that we may be surprised at how much was hiding under the camo than we realize
True enough, but the pics are at a somewhat hard-to-see angle, however the view from the front looks amazing

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Got a call from my Porsche dealer today. She was wondering if I was in town this weekend to go to the preview viewing of a film from Porsche focusing on the Taycan...... or at least this is what I understood! However, not available so will have to miss it. :-(

Anybody else get this.....?

AlphaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
Country flag
I very much want to believe this, I really do. And from the front, I'd say he's right-it does look very similar to the Mission E, very sporty indeed

As for the sides and rear, I'm hoping beyond hope that the mules have fake panels or something, and something really good is hidden under the camo.

One of the grounds for optomism is that Porsche is still using the Mission E in promo
I think the crux of a majority of the arguments here is disagreement as to what exactly “similar to the Mission-E” means. Obviously you are giving Porsche much less latitude to veer from the original exact design whereas others are obviously giving Porsche some latitude, assuming (and trusting) that they know how to make an excellent car.

Would I have loved to have seen suicide doors? Sure! You betcha! But I understand if that design element doesn’t make it to discussion. The primary annoyance is that many here are looking to see if there is more information about the car, new pictures, etc. Reading constant posts about hips that are not sporty, not athletic rear, and spoiler that doesn’t look good become tiresome. Some of are just going to trust Porsche to the design and engineering. It’s not like anything we say here is going to change the car in any way...

So now I just come back every few days instead of regularly...

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I think the crux of a majority of the arguments here is disagreement as to what exactly “similar to the Mission-E” means. Obviously you are giving Porsche much less latitude to veer from the original exact design whereas others are obviously giving Porsche some latitude, assuming (and trusting) that they know how to make an excellent car.

Would I have loved to have seen suicide doors? Sure! You betcha! But I understand if that design element doesn’t make it to discussion. The primary annoyance is that many here are looking to see if there is more information about the car, new pictures, etc. Reading constant posts about hips that are not sporty, not athletic rear, and spoiler that doesn’t look good become tiresome. Some of are just going to trust Porsche to the design and engineering. It’s not like anything we say here is going to change the car in any way...

So now I just come back every few days instead of regularly...
I don't mind so much about the suicide doors, more about the sporty proportions. And those are merely opinions, it's perfectly fine to critique a car's design

Reactions: Ron

bruce.richardson178

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S Platinum Edition Hybrid, Tesla Model S
Country flag
For those of you in Toronto, I put a 5K deposit down 18 months ago and never heard anything from the dealership. I realize there wasn’t much to divulge in the early going but now I get more information from the various web sources. At one point I got concerned and contacted the dealership to make sure they actually had me on the list of deposit holders. It wasn’t until about a month or so ago that I received the official deposit holder document. I guess I’m in.

I bought a Cayenne S Platinum Edition Hybrid in 2018 as a stop gap measure to get me to the Taycan. I didn’t think it would be that long to wait. I already have a Tesla model S and love electric driving. I really don’t want to buy another Tesla, just trying to mitigate exposure to a single financially challenged company.

I loved the look of the concept car but have grown concerned recently about the actual range, the final look of the car, delivery time frame and the differences in the pricing now. I can buy a fully loaded Tesla Model S P100D with full AutoPilot, unlimited supercharging and a range of 520Km (performance edition) for about $148k CAD. For those of you who have never had an EV in very cold weather (-20 C or below), battery efficiency goes out the window to the tune of getting only about 60% of the range. So battery size / range in the colder months is a big issue. You definitely want to buy the biggest battery you can.

Personally, I’m waiting for the Taycan release information in September and I’m going to assess the situation at that time. I suspect that Canada may not see these cars until the spring of 2020 which is another 8 months or so. If I don’t like what I see in the launch I’m going to buy the P100D and then defer my delivery as long as possible and evaluate after a year or two once they’ve worked through their queue.

OP
OP

hawc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Country flag
For those of you in Toronto, I put a 5K deposit down 18 months ago and never heard anything from the dealership. I realize there wasn’t much to divulge in the early going but now I get more information from the various web sources. At one point I got concerned and contacted the dealership to make sure they actually had me on the list of deposit holders. It wasn’t until about a month or so ago that I received the official deposit holder document. I guess I’m in.
I'm also in Toronto. Curious which dealership you were at that made you put $5K down. Under Canadian law a deposit must be fully refundable and cannot be more that $1K. Now of course if you offered $5K they won't refuse, it, but they can't ask for more that $1K. I found this out with Porsche North Toronto when they originally (mistakenly) asked for too much and then ended up adjusting their entire deposit program after I pointed out $1K is the max.

However, like you, I too hadn't heard anything from my dealership for nearly TWO YEARS (hence why I started this thread) until very recently when I got my certificate in the mail and a nice little follow up from a salesperson who's name I had completely forgotten.

My fear is they roll out the most expensive Taycans first and the one I really want is still a year out. I may pick up an Audi RS5 instead if that becomes the case.

Rotordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
7XPorsche’s, 3XGolf R/ GTI
Country flag
I'm also in Toronto. Curious which dealership you were at that made you put $5K down. Under Canadian law a deposit must be fully refundable and cannot be more that $1K. Now of course if you offered $5K they won't refuse, it, but they can't ask for more that $1K. I found this out with Porsche North Toronto when they originally (mistakenly) asked for too much and then ended up adjusting their entire deposit program after I pointed out $1K is the max.

However, like you, I too hadn't heard anything from my dealership for nearly TWO YEARS (hence why I started this thread) until very recently when I got my certificate in the mail and a nice little follow up from a salesperson who's name I had completely forgotten.

My fear is they roll out the most expensive Taycans first and the one I really want is still a year out. I may pick up an Audi RS5 instead if that becomes the case.
Toronto here, too. Got diddly squat for a certificate, with my 1k deposit! I’m not feeling any love:(
Sponsored