Latest new from Geneva Motor Show

Discussion in 'Pricing, Reserving, Ordering, Production' started by TIM, Mar 14, 2019.

1. TIM

TIM Active Member

First Name:
    Philippe
    Vehicles:
    Yes!
    #1 TIM, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    I visited the Porsche booth in Geneva motor show, the informationI was able to gatherare the following:

- The Taycan should be by Switzerland dealers in November - December this year, first deliveries beginning of 2020
    - The prices are defined but they cannot share them. Confirmed that it will be between Cayenne and Panamera pricing. I had a discussion with a dealer general manager and he mentioned a price (not stating which taycan, nor if it was the basis price or with usual options) of 200'000 CHF. I assumed he talked from the "turbo" model so I did some maths (you'll find the snapshot of the excel sheet) and it lookout that it could be a price halfway between cayenne and panamera.

14-03-2019 09-22-24.jpg

NS80, SHY and Leadville like this.
  2. Haros

Haros Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    You bet
    I hope he is mistaken because that would be an extremely high price in Canada, ruling out my $100k budget by double.

For the record a base Cayenne is $75k and a Panamera is $98k here in Canada.

So when Porsche said between those two... I had assumed base models as anything else would be misleading.

3. Vim Schrotnock

Vim Schrotnock Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Vim
    Vehicles:
    Porsche Panamera GTS
    I also visited the Porsche booth at Geneva, and spoke with a number of knowledgeable folks and they rightly said they have no information. The dealers simply don't have any specifics - pricing or release dates, and the GM you spoke to was just giving you his guess. When there is real information, the dealers will all know at the same time.