Featured Most detailed Taycan spy pics yet, with first look at carbon ceramic brakes

Discussion in 'General Taycan Topics' started by Tye, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Tye

Tye Administrator

Have a look at the most detailed Taycan spy pics yet. This is the first prototype spotted wearing massive carbon ceramic brakes.

Also a good look at the trunk and pop-out door handles.

Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18008.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18011.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18014.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18017.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18019.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18020.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18022.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18025.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18027.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18066.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18068.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18071.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18072.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18076.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18081.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18083.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18086.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18089.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18093.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18094.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18096.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18097.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18098.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18101.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18102.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18107.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18112.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18116.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18120.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18125.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18131.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18134.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18139.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18149.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18161.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18162.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18164.jpg Porsche-Taycan-Prototype-_SB18180.jpg

David Hsieh and D Wray's Garage like this.
  2. JayGT4

JayGT4 Active Member

First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicles:
    GT4
    Nice closeups... and those PCCB are mega! Could the one wearing the carbon ceramic brakes be the Turbo Taycan?

3. D Wray's Garage

First Name:
    Daniel
    Vehicles:
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (987.2), BMW i3 (REx), Tesla Model X
    Insurance
    Great shots. Thanks for sharing. Getting easier to make out some lines and definition, but still not quite all together.

I recall when BMWs M2 came out - was really hard take pictures that quite conveyed how it's haunches looked in person. Hoping the same effect going on here .

4. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dee
    Vehicles:
    Yes.
    I'm excited to see they also test the rear view cameras.
    Audi has them (and Lexus) so I suspect them to be as an option in my country too!
    Other than that, I don't suspect the Taycan will look like an electric Panamera, this is just a mule...
    2019-02-12_09.31.07.jpg

5. Ronin

Ronin New Member

First Name:
    Ivan
    Vehicles:
    2015 Tesla Model S P85D - 2009 BMW K1300S
    Very nice pics. I'm digging the door handles. Delivery can't get here fast enough.

6. DrParis

DrParis Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicles:
    2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
    These look really close to the real thing IMHO. I swear I saw one just like these examples on the 10 in Phoenix yesterday. Too much traffic to take a pic tho.

7. MarkInMd

MarkInMd Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicles:
    2016 Macan S, 2017 F-250
    There’s clearly still a bit of camouflage going on with the headlights and taillights, but with these high resolution pictures it’s much easier to get an idea of the final design. I’ll be very interested to see if they stay with the separate hood (frunk) design or if they go back to the one piece design of the prototype and Macan. I also found it interesting that they dragged the charging cord around to the right side of the car rather than plugging in on the left. Perhaps the ports don’t work on both sides on these mules.

8. DrParis

First Name:
    David
    Vehicles:
    I agree completely. You can clearly see camouflage around the headlights and the taillights and trunk, but this looks pretty much like the final version which IMHO is fine. Personally I doubt the clamshell hood will make it to production but I’ve been wrong before. I’m #27 in Chandler. Eager to see the configurator.

9. GratedWasabi

GratedWasabi Member

First Name:
    Jeffrey
    Vehicles:
    2016 Macan Turbo
    Not bad! If the camo is hiding Mission E style headlamps and a bit of body character that will be one good looking car.

10. James Dusty

James Dusty New Member

First Name:
    Dusty
    Vehicles:
    911 Targa
    After seeing these pictures I am ripping up my reservation paperwork. This version does not come even close to the concept IMO. It’s a shorter version of the Panamera ( minus the power plant, of course). Looks average at best. I’d pay $125k all day for something close to the
    Concept car! Very disappointed.

UFOJOE likes this.
  11. DrParis

First Name:
    David
    Vehicles:
    I agree. Porsche is doing a well choreographed camouflage strip tease by allowing progressive reveals of the production model prior to the reveal @ Paris or Frankfurt. I wonder if the company looks at Rennlist, Jalopnik and Taycan Forum. If so they must be amused reading the posts expressing “mule anxiety “. I don’t think there will be many drop outs d/t styling. I’m #27 @ Porsche Chandler: probably Q1/2020

12. artdept

artdept Member

Vehicles:
    VOLT, VAN, PINTOSTANG, VESPA, XIOMI M365
    #12 artdept, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    there is so much tape welds(especialy on the back and sides)on these photos,i think the final will have so many more curves.

SHY and DrParis like this.
  13. Joe B

Joe B New Member

First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicles:
    Cayenne GTS, Volt
    Every time I see the fake exhaust tips I get more and more concerned they aren't going to be removed

14. Trued

Trued New Member

First Name:
    Jörgen
    Vehicles:
    Porsche Macan, Saab 9-3 AERO CV, Saab 99 Turbo Wagonback Rally, Saab 99 Turbo Wagonback, Saab 99 Turbo 4 door sedan (former SAAB Corp. Test Vehicle), Saab 96 MonteCarlo V4 Rally
    Testing in Sweden. Signs on the charging wood house says. Klimat Klivet = The Climate Step. Sponsored by Naturvårdsverket (Swedish EPA).

15. Joe B

Joe B New Member

First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicles:
    Cayenne GTS, Volt
    Look at how they have put some sort of plastic around the inside of the rims to keep snow from building up on them

Attached Files: