Most detailed Taycan spy pics yet, with first look at carbon ceramic brakes

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
If my major interest was along those lines I would just buy an econo box like the Leaf or Prius. Buyers of Porsches, Ferraris Lamos are looking looking for styling with performance.
This. This is why the Taycan will look like the Mission E concept - this is why it needs so strongly to look like the Mission E if it's going to have any hope of success
Sponsored

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
This. This is why the Taycan will look like the Mission E concept - this is why it needs so strongly to look like the Mission E if it's going to have any hope of success
I agree completely. Oliver Blume was interviewed yesterday in Geneva confirming what we all guessed: Taycan will debut in Frankfurt in September. I presume the configurator will be live shortly thereafter. Six months is a long long time.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I agree completely. Oliver Blume was interviewed yesterday in Geneva confirming what we all guessed: Taycan will debut in Frankfurt in September. I presume the configurator will be live shortly thereafter. Six months is a long long time.
Perfect. Not long of a wait

Did he happen to mention any other details?

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
Perfect. Not long of a wait

Did he happen to mention any other details?
Unfortunately not. He just stated it was harder to make a profit on EV d/t development costs etc. the interview is available on Rennlist

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Unfortunately not. He just stated it was harder to make a profit on EV d/t development costs etc. the interview is available on Rennlist
Hmm...yes the development costs for the Taycan would make it hard to make a profit, but then the development costs for Concorde were very high as well. Sometimes in life there's more important things than profitability

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Well, if you have to raise the production number from the initial 20.000 to 40.000 I think Porsche knows it has a well-selling product at hand.
Now let's hope the price is acceptable as well...

Jonte119

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne 2016
Country flag
Dear Porsche enthusiasts.
I am writing my thesis at the University of Mannheim, about the electric automobile industry, with focus on the Taycan as a pioneer for Porsche. The goal is to identify changes in consumer behaviour and consumer needs, and how Porsche can adapt their strategies to meet the needs of their customers. In my paper I want to compare the Norwegian and the German car-market, and because of that it is essential for me to get people living in Germany to respond to this survey. Getting sufficient replies on the following survey is crucial in order for me to be able to provide good strategic solutions for Porsche.
I would really appreciate if you could use 4 minutes to finish this survey. (All answers are anonymous)

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

https://surveyhero.com/c/cb512b14?f...5-WtuLnF6yu8p9ATwJDG1ICaaX0tTTGx6W0Z5sNrXdJiw

GyAkUsOu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A1 GB
Country flag
A Taycan next to a BMW i3.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
The camera is far closer to the Taycan than the i3, the i3 is quite far away from the Taycan, so it's hard to get an accurate perspective.

PAG_J1 said the Taycan is just 1.38m high

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
This is a better pic for proportions:

PS My RX8 is 132cm (lowered 2cm)
A Panamera is 143cm so a Taycan is just in between.

Last edited:

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
This is a better pic for proportions:

PS My RX8 is 132cm (lowered 2cm)
A Panamera is 143cm so a Taycan is just in between.
Yeah

If you stop and think about it, the proportions themselves - not the detailing which is hidden by all the camo, but the outline and silhouette of the car - are not so different from the Mission E - and it's guaranteed to look better than the Audi E-Tron GT

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Might have low slung proportions but it’s a very big car.......... ! Hopefully it’s not too big when seen in reality.......

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Might have low slung proportions but it’s a very big car.......... ! Hopefully it’s not too big when seen in reality.......
Yes, of course it's a big car - longer than a 5-series BMW. But the key is that it has low slung proportions, and the fact that it's a big car (width and length wise) make it seem even more low slung

As long as the detailing looks good it'll look insane

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
I'm excited to see they also test the rear view cameras.
Audi has them (and Lexus) so I suspect them to be as an option in my country too!
Other than that, I don't suspect the Taycan will look like an electric Panamera, this is just a mule...
2019-02-12_09.31.07.jpg
It seems that the «blue» car has the rear view camera, but the “orange” one doesn’t. The charge port on the “blue” one seems to be placed a bit forward compared to the “orange” one. I didn’t notice this before I looked at the recent spy pictures of the Taycan in Copenhagen, which has the charge port placed as the “orange” one without rear view camera.
Sponsored