Near Production-Spec Taycan Spied Again At Nurburgring

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag

The 2019 Porsche Taycan has been spied again, this time with taped taillights and wearing only very light camouflage over the headlamps. Curiously, as Porsche's new EV reveals itself closer to production form, it's seen here still sporting the fake exhaust tips at the back of this prototype.
Sponsored

Lsr911

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1989 Speedster, 2015 Macan Turbo, 1985 Carrera, Audi A8L, 1971 911T, 1973 914
Country flag
I ran across three Taycan’s on the road in Cave Creek Arizona today 11/16/18. All had California distributor plates. The group were all black and in various disguises concealing styling features. Some had twin tailpipes, some quads. Two had bubble roofs and one was flat. The intake vents outbound of the headlights appeared to be gone. The roof line slopes down in the rear door area, that feature may limit rear seat headroom. Wheels appear to be the same as the one testing at the Nurburging.

LSR911

Porsche Taycan Near Production-Spec Taycan Spied Again At Nurburgring IMG_2707
Porsche Taycan Near Production-Spec Taycan Spied Again At Nurburgring IMG_2708
Porsche Taycan Near Production-Spec Taycan Spied Again At Nurburgring IMG_2709
Porsche Taycan Near Production-Spec Taycan Spied Again At Nurburgring IMG_2711
Porsche Taycan Near Production-Spec Taycan Spied Again At Nurburgring IMG_2714
Porsche Taycan Near Production-Spec Taycan Spied Again At Nurburgring IMG_2715

Last edited:

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I ran across three Taycan’s on the road in Cave Creek Arizona today 11/16/18. All had California distributor plates. The group were all black and in various disguises concealing styling features. Some had twin tailpipes, some quads. Two had bubble roofs and one was flat. The intake vents outbound of the headlights appeared to be gone. The roof line slopes down in the rear door area, that feature may limit rear seat headroom. Wheels appear to be the same as the one testing at the Nurburging.

LSR911
Good spot! Just goes to show you we can't tell exactly how the production model will look since Porsche obviously has a lot of different types of camo on the prototypes.

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Agreed. I also think a lot of people are bugging out and not realizing that the mules all have legit Panamera fenders. I'm thinking that the front end will be almost as aggressive as the concept.

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 Cayman 06 CayenneTT
Country flag
Yeah, I like all these renderings, but I am skeptical now.. I think they may get back closer to the concept, which would be awesome. We need that clam-shell hood.

PTT001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo
I wouldn't mind a big fake out from Porsche. Throw out some Panamera style mules and "Taycan Turbo" rumors to inject a little panic, then surprise everyone with something faithful to the concept. It'd be a nice change from all the boring reveals across the industry.
Sponsored