Near Production-Spec Taycan Spied Again At Nurburgring

Discussion in 'General Taycan Topics' started by Tye, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Tye

Tye Administrator

The 2019 Porsche Taycan has been spied again, this time with taped taillights and wearing only very light camouflage over the headlamps. Curiously, as Porsche's new EV reveals itself closer to production form, it's seen here still sporting the fake exhaust tips at the back of this prototype.

2. Lsr911

Lsr911 Member

First Name:
    Denny
    Vehicles:
    1989 speedster. 1984 carrera
    #2 Lsr911, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    I ran across three Taycan’s on the road in Cave Creek Arizona today 11/16/18. All had California distributor plates. The group were all black and in various disguises concealing styling features. Some had twin tailpipes, some quads. Two had bubble roofs and one was flat. The intake vents outbound of the headlights appeared to be gone. The roof line slopes down in the rear door area, that feature may limit rear seat headroom. Wheels appear to be the same as the one testing at the Nurburging.

LSR911

IMG_2707.jpg IMG_2708.jpg IMG_2709.jpg IMG_2711.jpg IMG_2714.jpg IMG_2715.jpg

David Hsieh and D Wray's Garage like this.
  3. JayGT4

JayGT4 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicles:
    GT4
    Good spot! Just goes to show you we can't tell exactly how the production model will look since Porsche obviously has a lot of different types of camo on the prototypes.

David Hsieh likes this.
  4. Raek

Raek Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Macan GTS, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
    Agreed. I also think a lot of people are bugging out and not realizing that the mules all have legit Panamera fenders. I'm thinking that the front end will be almost as aggressive as the concept.

David Hsieh and Stealthgate007 like this.
  5. Stealthgate007

First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicles:
    09 Cayman 06 CayenneTT
    Yeah, I like all these renderings, but I am skeptical now.. I think they may get back closer to the concept, which would be awesome. We need that clam-shell hood.

6. PTT001

PTT001 Member

Vehicles:
    Macan Turbo
    I wouldn't mind a big fake out from Porsche. Throw out some Panamera style mules and "Taycan Turbo" rumors to inject a little panic, then surprise everyone with something faithful to the concept. It'd be a nice change from all the boring reveals across the industry.

Stealthgate007 likes this.