Our 2020 Porsche Taycan Preview Renderings!

Chris v

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Macan
I couldn't agree with you more. This Rendering isn't what I put my money down for I put my money down on the car shown above
Totally agree, when I put my deposit down the dealership told me the car would look exactly like the white mission e pictures we have seen. The new rendering have the car with tradition mirrors where the prototype has new cameras. The new rendering styling just looks boring, not what I signed up for. Please Porsche make the prototype it would be an industry game changer. I certainly won’t complete my order if they don’t.

Reactions: Dee

Series7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 BMW M550i
Country flag
Totally agree, when I put my deposit down the dealership told me the car would look exactly like the white mission e pictures we have seen. The new rendering have the car with tradition mirrors where the prototype has new cameras. The new rendering styling just looks boring, not what I signed up for. Please Porsche make the prototype it would be an industry game changer. I certainly won’t complete my order if they don’t.
Your sales person was blowing smoke up you know what if he said the Taycan would look exactly like the Mission E Concept. No production car looks exactly like the concept model. And the prototype photos back that up already. I still think the Taycan will be beautiful but I hold no delusions it'll be exactly like the Mission E. Safety regulations (and its impact on bumper heights/styling) alone precludes that.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Call me crazy but I don't like this at all. It lost all the character and curves of the Mission E prototype.

I don't care about the suicide doors but without the huge side skirts tying into both large/wide front and rear fenders just kills the look of this car.

Great effort on the rendering but if these are at all accurate to the final version they just completely sterilized it and turned it into a boring Panamera (with a different front/rear end).

There are much sexier pictures of the Mission E out there but I chose this one because it is more plain and has the same angle as the renderings above.

This looks a million times better to me and this is what I have my deposit on and am waiting for (2nd @ my dealer):

Porsche Taycan Our 2020 Porsche Taycan Preview Renderings! {filename}

I don't think I can get into it if it looks like the rendering.
Agree.
Totally agree.
I've not put down a deposit for an electric Panamera.
But maybe it'll grow on me.
I think not...

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Mercedes R-Class, Saab 9-5, Mac Minarelli X30 gokart
Country flag
Awesome work Tye! :cool:

I fully understand the disappointment of those who want the futuristic concept car.

But as said it’s not realistic that it’ll be 100% the same. I’m sure Porsche does it’s best.

Granola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant Quattro
Country flag
I'm hoping the headlights look actually more like this:
Porsche Taycan Our 2020 Porsche Taycan Preview Renderings! headlight

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Sorry they will look exactly as on the Cross Turismo prototype. They even had the Porsche logo engraved behind the glass..... basically finished product

T.G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
I'm hoping the headlights look actually more like this:
Porsche Taycan Our 2020 Porsche Taycan Preview Renderings! {filename}
Hope so but I guess not because of pedestrian safety regulations etc. Too sharp edges...Maybe the same look but covered behind an extra layer of glass so it has a smooth front. The rugged design is also bad for aerodynamics. But it looks great.

T.G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
Sorry they will look exactly as on the Cross Turismo prototype. They even had the Porsche logo engraved behind the glass..... basically finished product
I'm not sure. For the renderings on this side they pretty much took the Cross Turismo front but I think it won't be the same. The turismo for example has this bridge with is interrupting the front air inlets and this big holes in the lower part of the inlets, but you don't really see that on the test mules. I would speculate that this whole inlet and light segment looks more like from the Mission E and less like the Gran Turismo. I don't think Porsche will put the exact same front on both cars. That would be pretty lame.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Putting all my hopes into the teaser video and this booklet (that uses images from the video) that this is the final shape...much closer to the Mission E (with mirrors and no suicide doors) than it is to the Panamera like renders or test mules.

I don't think Porsche would put the name Taycan on top of pictures/video of the Mission E.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/274133567

Porsche Taycan Our 2020 Porsche Taycan Preview Renderings! img_20190214_121742973-

Porsche Taycan Our 2020 Porsche Taycan Preview Renderings! img_20190214_121456291-

Porsche Taycan Our 2020 Porsche Taycan Preview Renderings! img_20190214_121727224-

(credit to Dee for these pictures)

dino 5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
police car
Putting all my hopes into the teaser video and this booklet (that uses images from the video) that this is the final shape...much closer to the Mission E (with mirrors and no suicide doors) than it is to the Panamera like renders or test mules.

I don't think Porsche would put the name Taycan on top of pictures/video of the Mission E.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/274133567
I think that's a good point. Hopefully Porsche is not so oblivious that they would use the Mission E in this booklet with the name Taycan on it and not realize that buyers will expect this silhouette shape to match that of the finished product.

GratedWasabi

Banned
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan Turbo
Country flag
Of those teaser photos, all but the one from the rear could conceivably come from the unveiled version of the mule car. The side and front shots match up very closely to the latest "spy" photos.

The shot from the rear, well, there's no way that's going to be production. I'm guessing it will be the same sort of curves but significantly less exaggerated and likely more linear rather than curved. You can see from the mule shots that the rear end is significantly extruding out from the body, nice wide rear haunch, but without the dramatically rounded tire flares. I'd wager those turned out to be a no-go for aerodynamics and efficiency.

The mule is the Taycan with probably some very clever camouflage and potentially a few Panamera panels to hide the most dramatic parts. Period. The unveil will surely look better than the mules but there is a reason they changed the name from Mission E; it's not the same car. Maybe they will release a limited GT version that's much closer to the original concept but the Taycan will be the Taycan, not the Mission E.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
Of those teaser photos, all but the one from the rear could conceivably come from the unveiled version of the mule car. The side and front shots match up very closely to the latest "spy" photos.

The shot from the rear, well, there's no way that's going to be production. I'm guessing it will be the same sort of curves but significantly less exaggerated and likely more linear rather than curved. You can see from the mule shots that the rear end is significantly extruding out from the body, nice wide rear haunch, but without the dramatically rounded tire flares. I'd wager those turned out to be a no-go for aerodynamics and efficiency.

The mule is the Taycan with probably some very clever camouflage and potentially a few Panamera panels to hide the most dramatic parts. Period. The unveil will surely look better than the mules but there is a reason they changed the name from Mission E; it's not the same car. Maybe they will release a limited GT version that's much closer to the original concept but the Taycan will be the Taycan, not the Mission E.
I agree. The rear wheel arch is heavily camouflaged in the mules but it won’t be as curvaceous as the prototype

TAEKON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
550M R8 S4 300B
Country flag
Once again; all those of you who are saying "I don't like it, I'm cancelling my reservation, blah blah......"
SEND ME YOUR RESERVATION SPOT!! I love the designs I'm seeing, and I'm +100 on my dealers list.......SEND ME YOUR RESERVATION SPOT!!
Sponsored