Featured Our 2020 Porsche Taycan Preview Renderings!

Discussion in 'General Taycan Topics' started by Tye, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Stealthgate007

First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicles:
    09 Cayman 06 CayenneTT
    Looking at the wheel well arches, I think it can support it. Lol!

2. Chris v

Chris v New Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicles:
    911, Macan
    Totally agree, when I put my deposit down the dealership told me the car would look exactly like the white mission e pictures we have seen. The new rendering have the car with tradition mirrors where the prototype has new cameras. The new rendering styling just looks boring, not what I signed up for. Please Porsche make the prototype it would be an industry game changer. I certainly won’t complete my order if they don’t.

Dee likes this.
  3. Series7

Series7 Active Member

Vehicles:
    2018 BMW M550i
    Your sales person was blowing smoke up you know what if he said the Taycan would look exactly like the Mission E Concept. No production car looks exactly like the concept model. And the prototype photos back that up already. I still think the Taycan will be beautiful but I hold no delusions it'll be exactly like the Mission E. Safety regulations (and its impact on bumper heights/styling) alone precludes that.

4. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dee
    Vehicles:
    Yes.
    Agree.
    Totally agree.
    I've not put down a deposit for an electric Panamera.
    But maybe it'll grow on me.
    I think not...

5. SHY

SHY Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Svein Harald
    Vehicles:
    Mercedes R-Class, Saab 9-5, Mac Minarelli X30 gokart
    IT Systems Engineer
    Awesome work Tye! :cool:

I fully understand the disappointment of those who want the futuristic concept car.

But as said it’s not realistic that it’ll be 100% the same. I’m sure Porsche does it’s best.

6. Granola

Granola Member

Vehicles:
    Volvo V60
    I'm hoping the headlights look actually more like this:
    headlight.jpeg

7. felixtb

felixtb Well-Known Member

First Name:
    felix
    Vehicles:
    Porsche: Taycan reserved; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, 3, new roadster reserved
    architect
    Sorry they will look exactly as on the Cross Turismo prototype. They even had the Porsche logo engraved behind the glass..... basically finished product

8. T.G.

T.G. Member

Vehicles:
    Porsche Macan
    Hope so but I guess not because of pedestrian safety regulations etc. Too sharp edges...Maybe the same look but covered behind an extra layer of glass so it has a smooth front. The rugged design is also bad for aerodynamics. But it looks great.

9. T.G.

T.G. Member

Vehicles:
    Porsche Macan
    I'm not sure. For the renderings on this side they pretty much took the Cross Turismo front but I think it won't be the same. The turismo for example has this bridge with is interrupting the front air inlets and this big holes in the lower part of the inlets, but you don't really see that on the test mules. I would speculate that this whole inlet and light segment looks more like from the Mission E and less like the Gran Turismo. I don't think Porsche will put the exact same front on both cars. That would be pretty lame.

10. Jenner

Jenner Member

Vehicles:
    2016 BMW X5 M
    Putting all my hopes into the teaser video and this booklet (that uses images from the video) that this is the final shape...much closer to the Mission E (with mirrors and no suicide doors) than it is to the Panamera like renders or test mules.

I don't think Porsche would put the name Taycan on top of pictures/video of the Mission E.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/274133567

img_20190214_121742973-jpg.jpg

img_20190214_121456291-jpg.jpg

img_20190214_121727224-jpg.jpg
    (credit to Dee for these pictures)

Dee and DrParis like this.
  11. dino 5oh

dino 5oh Member

Vehicles:
    police car
    I think that's a good point. Hopefully Porsche is not so oblivious that they would use the Mission E in this booklet with the name Taycan on it and not realize that buyers will expect this silhouette shape to match that of the finished product.

12. DC72

DC72 New Member

First Name:
    Darin
    Vehicles:
    Chevrolet Camaro SS, Yukon Denali, Ram 1500
    Yes! Please have some curves!

DrParis likes this.
  13. GratedWasabi

GratedWasabi Active Member

First Name:
    Jeffrey
    Vehicles:
    2016 Macan Turbo
    Of those teaser photos, all but the one from the rear could conceivably come from the unveiled version of the mule car. The side and front shots match up very closely to the latest "spy" photos.

The shot from the rear, well, there's no way that's going to be production. I'm guessing it will be the same sort of curves but significantly less exaggerated and likely more linear rather than curved. You can see from the mule shots that the rear end is significantly extruding out from the body, nice wide rear haunch, but without the dramatically rounded tire flares. I'd wager those turned out to be a no-go for aerodynamics and efficiency.

The mule is the Taycan with probably some very clever camouflage and potentially a few Panamera panels to hide the most dramatic parts. Period. The unveil will surely look better than the mules but there is a reason they changed the name from Mission E; it's not the same car. Maybe they will release a limited GT version that's much closer to the original concept but the Taycan will be the Taycan, not the Mission E.

Tye likes this.
  14. DrParis

DrParis Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicles:
    2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
    I agree. The rear wheel arch is heavily camouflaged in the mules but it won’t be as curvaceous as the prototype

David Hsieh likes this.
  15. TAEKON

TAEKON Member

Vehicles:
    550M R8 S4 300B
    Once again; all those of you who are saying "I don't like it, I'm cancelling my reservation, blah blah......"
    SEND ME YOUR RESERVATION SPOT!! I love the designs I'm seeing, and I'm +100 on my dealers list.......SEND ME YOUR RESERVATION SPOT!!