PAG_J1: Can You Provide Any Hints/Clues about Taycan 4/4S and Base Model?

OP
OP

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello Toby,
thanks for your congralution on the world premier of the Taycan.
I'll try to answer your Questions to the best of my ability.

First of all, the following informations aren't official confirmed. So don't regard them as a fixed info.

Upcooming different Taycan Sedan versions:
-Taycan (Base) confirmed
-Taycan 4S confirmed
-Taycan GT(S) not confirmed: I've heared rumors that Porsche is working on a Taycan GT Version. But I don't know anything about it (could be a GTS or another Version). Will be introduced after 2021 as there are nearly no relevant informations right now.

1.) Introduction of the downline versions are planned for Q4 2019 or if there are any delays for Q1 2020. No Information about the GT model.
2.) Base won't have AWD, less Standard Setting (don't have Details here). Charging rates will be the same throughout all models (I've heard 800V will be Standard).
3.) Don't have exact informations, but I expect every Version will get the 2 gear Transmission.
4.) I've heard they'll use the 800V Technology on every model, so therefore the charging rates will be the same (If they downgrade to 400V Technology at 150 kW you can recharge the battery in About 30min).
5.) You can order the exclusive design wheels in different Colours through the exclusive manufacture. For other informations look at my older Posts at the Taycan Wheel Topic.
6.) Yes, will be optional for every model.

Hope These answers will help you.

Kind regards

Thanks very much for your response. I'm sure many of us here on this forum greatly appreciate your willingness to help us better understand how this model line from Porsche will evolve. I am looking forward to hearing about the 4S. There are various rumours that the 4S announcement will take place in October of this year. Are you aware of, or can you comment on, any such timing?

Toby
Sponsored

PP4EH

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E hybrid
Country flag
15th oct i heard from my dealer.
120k euro 500 HP and 600hp on overboost!

Rotordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
7XPorsche’s, 3XGolf R/ GTI
Country flag
Are there going to be higher spec/power versions than the Turbo S?
Yup,

Taycan 2.9 litre starting at 300,000 euros
Taycan 3.2 litre starting at 389,000 euros!

May as well have fun with the marketing.......anyone seen the ‘Hitler reacts to Taycan release ‘ vid. Only for those with a sense of humour;)

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
Thanks very much for your response. I'm sure many of us here on this forum greatly appreciate your willingness to help us better understand how this model line from Porsche will evolve. I am looking forward to hearing about the 4S. There are various rumours that the 4S announcement will take place in October of this year. Are you aware of, or can you comment on, any such timing?

Toby
Thank you. Sadly I don't have any more informations on the release/announcement of the 4S.

Are there going to be higher spec/power versions than the Turbo S?
Not in the near future...but they're testing also prototypes with more power than the Turbo S.
But I think they'll have to wait for better battery technology because of the high range loss of these high powered cars.

Nemic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne
Country flag
My local dealer has that that the 4S will be announced in a couple of weeks.

They are also expecting a “4” and a base model which will be rear wheel drive.

BenJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
120k euro 500 HP and 600hp on overboost!
Is not too much HP for a 4S with more than 30K euros difference with the Taycan Turbo?

My dealer told me 100k€ for 350HP.

PP4EH

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E hybrid
Country flag
Is not too much HP for a 4S with more than 30K euros difference with the Taycan Turbo?

My dealer told me 100k€ for 350HP.
Your dealer probably told you about the 4 non S.. if the 4s is 350hp what is the Regular 4 gonna be? 200hp Porsche for 100k ?

BenJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
No, I see the official documentation on its computer.
It was in french but it said clearly « The taycan 4S will be launched the 15th for 100k euros. »
It was like a Q&A on an official PDF.

And after it told me (and I didn’t see it on its computer) that the 4S will have 350 HP. it told me too that delivery will be on June at least.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
And after it told me (and I didn’t see it on its computer) that the 4S will have 350 HP. it told me too that delivery will be on June at least.
I bet it's 350kw which is about 470hp. That would be similar to a Panamera 4S today.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
There is absolutely no way the 4S is 350hp. Should be something between 400 & 500. Less than 400 would be super lackluster. Looking forward to seeing what the truth is. Hoping for the best.

Price in Finland will be 115k€ including taxes, that has been publicly announced here. With options more of course. Really looking forward to seeing the true specs, the 4S launch should be only a few weeks away.

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 535 and Audi Q7
Country flag
There is absolutely no way the 4S is 350hp. Should be something between 400 & 500. Less than 400 would be super lackluster. Looking forward to seeing what the truth is. Hoping for the best.

Price in Finland will be 115k€ including taxes, that has been publicly announced here. With options more of course. Really looking forward to seeing the true specs, the 4S launch should be only a few weeks away.
What is the Finland price for the Turbo and Turbo S for comparison. I didn’t see it on the European list on the other thread.

Thanks in advance

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I heard 400hp normal and 500hp boost and the price 120-130k euro

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
What is the Finland price for the Turbo and Turbo S for comparison. I didn’t see it on the European list on the other thread.

Thanks in advance
163.5k€ for Turbo with taxes. 198.9k€ for Turbo S with taxes.
Sponsored