Porsche drops first production Taycan images in official camo!

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
It won't look like an Panamera in the finished version. It just looks a bit like that because of the fake front lights.

This particular Camo was original intended for an Taycan prototype record speed test. But because of the lack of time they moved the test date to next year.
Sponsored

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I'm guessing none of you guys mod your cars...just genuine curiosity...

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Wheels make a car.
I think that's why they intentionally use those hideous wheels.
I read somewhere that they'll offer the original Mission E wheels on the cars of the first subscribers
If that's not the case, I'll order the 935 wheels. :clap:

Last edited:
Reactions: SHY

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Nobody is going to mistaken this for a Panamera. It's so much lower and wider and has much shorter overhangs. I'm still a fan and likely buyer.
It's a little wider than a panamera, and is a whopping 43mm lower to the ground - and that makes a huge difference

Ash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes-Benz
Country flag
It will be a big upset if this car truly turned out to be the final production version. this car don't like the concept car at all. the front is entirely different ( this is a Panamera front) the doors are normal 4 doors not like the Rolls Royce style ones in the concept. this car here is pretty much a Panamera with electric engine. very unfortunate.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wheels make a car.
I think that's why they intentionally use those hideous wheels.
I read somewhere that they'll offer the original Mission E wheels on the cars of the first subscribers
If that's not the case, I'll order the 935 wheels. :clap:
I didn’t realize that the wheels on the Mission E concept cars were inserts, not part of the actual wheel. Depending on the final look of the production car, it’d be amazing to have the concept cars wheels to snap in.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
It will be a big upset if this car truly turned out to be the final production version. this car don't like the concept car at all. the front is entirely different ( this is a Panamera front) the doors are normal 4 doors not like the Rolls Royce style ones in the concept. this car here is pretty much a Panamera with electric engine. very unfortunate.
The front has lights and still a lot of tape on it, the production car front will look a lot like the Mission E

Suicide doors sadly would increase the costs too much so it can't be done.

That said, I'm a little sad the flared front fenders seemed to have been toned down. And the integrated rear spoiler is gone.

But on the positive side, I'm very happy about the profile! Just look at that first picture, see how sleek and low to the ground it is? It probably by now sounds like a cliche, but it honestly looks like a 4-door supercar instead of a humdrum saloon! And see how low the rear is in the fourth pic?

Bear in mind this will only be 1.38m high (lower than a ford mustang!) - but it'll be longer than a BMW 5-series, I wish there was a full profile picture. The proportions are the EXACT same as the Audi E Tron GT's, so I'm 100% sure that it'll look better than the Audi E-Tron GT, and the E-Tron GT won't look any sleeker or sportier than the Taycan - infact, I much prefer the Taycan's rear end, as the E-Tron GT's rear end is a little too blobby for my tastes, whereas the Taycan's rear end still looks very sharp

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hmmm... The Audi E Tron GT is starting to look mighty good after seeing these images.
So you're choosing between the two based off looks alone? In that case, the Audi E Tron GT could look different in production form too since all we've seen is a concept version so far.

Plus, there's different goals for the Taycan and Etron GT. Taycan will be tuned to have all-out performance and traceability while also having Porsche level reliability. Etron GT will be more of a grand tourer with sporty performance while being comfortable over long distances.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
Sadly. I agree. It looks like a scaled down Panamera

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Well, then we can agree that wheels, spacers and a little lowering will set it off nicely. I'm guessing the car will be on PASM, and the first thing I did when I got my Macan was buy lowering links to get about 1.5" lower. A little bit of spacing to set the right wheel choice flush and it'll look great.

Case in point:

The first day I bought my Macan:

Porsche Taycan Porsche drops first production Taycan images in official camo! 27873130111_db8bc65f46_b

After a few tiny, non-major mods:

Porsche Taycan Porsche drops first production Taycan images in official camo! 32448351057_3a5b8a5b3c_b

Last edited:
Reactions: SHY

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Mercedes R-Class, Saab 9-5, Mac Minarelli X30 gokart
Country flag
Very nice! Nice color choice too!

I have lowering links and 22’’ wheels on my R, really transforms the car. Chip tuned of course :D

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Suicide doors are possible, my Mazda RX8 has them, my BMW i3 has them.
It all depends on the structure (BMW is CFRP).
There are more cars with them...
I don't want an electric Panamera but we'll see...
Sponsored