Porsche drops first production Taycan images in official camo!

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I just wonder, though. The so called teaser video images look so promising ,yet the camouflage mush mash Porsche just released look like a huge mistake on their part. I believe they will see serious customer erosion if they hue too far from the prototype IMO
Yeah, true. Though remember most of the Mission E detailing is camouflaged by the fake camo.

From what I can see, minus the front fenders, and rear spoiler, the Taycan's overall profile looks almost as low and sporty as the Mission E's - it looks sportier and more athletic than the Audi E-Tron GT which it has the same dimensions has - Just see that first picture to see what i mean

I think the battle here will be won or lost in the detailing - headlights, taillights, etc. Which is what the camo covers up
Sponsored

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
People hated the Cayenne when it first came out, yet it wound up being the vehicle that saved the company. Same for the Panamera and Macan.

I don't think that just because a small handful of over-speculating forum dudes are bugging out over heavily camouflaged teaser shots that the brand will lose any sales or customers...call it a hunch, or call it trend based evidence.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
People hated the Cayenne when it first came out, yet it wound up being the vehicle that saved the company. Same for the Panamera and Macan.

I don't think that just because a small handful of over-speculating forum dudes are bugging out over heavily camouflaged teaser shots that the brand will lose any sales or customers...call it a hunch, or call it trend based evidence.
I’ve owned every Porsche variant except the Boxster, so I am a Porsche loyalist. I think/ hope The Snape is correct. My point is this ; I don’t believe the latest camouflage photos represent anything that we expected in the final version. I’m well aware of Cayenne and Macan impact on the bottom line. I’m just hopeful that Porsche hasn’t dropped the ball on this critical model

Mhsulli

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85
Country flag
I’ve owned every Porsche variant except the Boxster, so I am a Porsche loyalist. I think/ hope The Snape is correct. My point is this ; I don’t believe the latest camouflage photos represent anything that we expected in the final version. I’m well aware of Cayenne and Macan impact on the bottom line. I’m just hopeful that Porsche hasn’t dropped the ball on this critical model
You seem far more rational in your suspicions and fears than anyone who says “over-speculating forum dudes ... bugging out” ...

I’m coming from a Tesla S Performance and it’s a beautiful car but Porsche has a chance to crush it with real performance and performance-inspired styling. Figuratively, the ‘soul’ of Porsche is on the line with a first EV only car and soon we find out how much input the non-car enthusiasts at Porsche have had in reeling in what arguably was the most exciting concept car the last couple years.

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag

Well except most all on this forum are real Porsche folks and have hard money down. Everything else is sheer speculation. If Porsche is not making their core base of buyers happy that means buyers must come from a different group ie speculation as to what that may be, maybe frustrated Tesla S owners?
When the Cayenne came out I was not in the market for a SUV so was indifferent to Porsche's SUV offering. When I was in the market for an SUV I picked up a low mile Gen 1 a couple years old.

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag
Y'all talking like marketers not drivers.
Well yea haven't driven one yet so whats to talk about that experience. Only thing to talk about is what the Porsche marketers are putting out, dud. I went to the Porsche Experience for a ride in the Hybred Turbo S shooting brake or what ever they call it. It was nothing like a Mission E, it was much like a Pano shooting brake hybred. :confused:

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
So do I

I'm just trying to get as much information as I can on the styling - I can see there's a lot of camo on those official pics hiding most of its detailing

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You seem far more rational in your suspicions and fears than anyone who says “over-speculating forum dudes ... bugging out” ...

I’m coming from a Tesla S Performance and it’s a beautiful car but Porsche has a chance to crush it with real performance and performance-inspired styling. Figuratively, the ‘soul’ of Porsche is on the line with a first EV only car and soon we find out how much input the non-car enthusiasts at Porsche have had in reeling in what arguably was the most exciting concept car the last couple years.
Exactly

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
The fact that we're using the word "fear" in speculating about a car is asinine. Also, the fact that we think a car that's in the price range of their consumer cars would look as wild as the concept is asinine. Also, the fact that we can't see the differences between the Panamera and the camo'd teaser is asinine (the Panamera's hood is wild long as is the wheelbase and the rear). Also, the fact that we think they'd vary SO much from the design language of their current fleet is asinine.

It's just weird to me to come into a forum to see a bunch of grown-ass adults speaking of how afraid they are of a crazily vinyl wrapped car.

It will look like a Porsche. If it's following the same design trend as the 992 and 718 as well as the much better redesign of the Panamera, it'll look dope.

Now, like Hawc said about the driver thing...

There are FAR too many posts on here crying about the looks of the car as opposed to the performance and tech of the car, which is the REAL thing that should be focused on. Not to mention that it's the first BEV from a manufacturer that's been putting out great cars for the better part of a century. Sure, you can say "but all we have to go on is looks"...but, no. You don't. It's wrapped strategically to hide the very details that will set it apart from the other cars in the lineup. Why not talk about how it's a BEV with virtually non-stop track power? The fact that the center of gravity combined with that power is going to be a wonderful experience? Sure, there's a few of those posts here, but on average, the lion's share of stuff I see is "the production Taycan is hiding under my bed to scare me at night".

As for true "Porsche enthusiasts"...miss me with that shit, please. Isn't the number one concern when driving a Porsche the feel from the inside, not how other people are seeing you when you drive it? However, I was at the Werks Reunion a couple of weeks ago, and saw a pretty huge amount of people circle-jerking over the looks of their cars rather than talking about driving them, so anything's possible ;)

If it doesn't look good to you, no one is holding a knife to your throat. Get your deposit back and move on. OR...think outside the box and make it look a little different. I'm sure the aftermarket is salivating to get their hands on this thing (I know wheel manufacturer's are already starting their designs).

Happy thoughts, gentlemen. Happy thoughts.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The fact that we're using the word "fear" in speculating about a car is asinine. Also, the fact that we think a car that's in the price range of their consumer cars would look as wild as the concept is asinine. Also, the fact that we can't see the differences between the Panamera and the camo'd teaser is asinine (the Panamera's hood is wild long as is the wheelbase and the rear). Also, the fact that we think they'd vary SO much from the design language of their current fleet is asinine.

It's just weird to me to come into a forum to see a bunch of grown-ass adults speaking of how afraid they are of a crazily vinyl wrapped car.

It will look like a Porsche. If it's following the same design trend as the 992 and 718 as well as the much better redesign of the Panamera, it'll look dope.

Now, like Hawc said about the driver thing...

There are FAR too many posts on here crying about the looks of the car as opposed to the performance and tech of the car, which is the REAL thing that should be focused on. Not to mention that it's the first BEV from a manufacturer that's been putting out great cars for the better part of a century. Sure, you can say "but all we have to go on is looks"...but, no. You don't. It's wrapped strategically to hide the very details that will set it apart from the other cars in the lineup. Why not talk about how it's a BEV with virtually non-stop track power? The fact that the center of gravity combined with that power is going to be a wonderful experience? Sure, there's a few of those posts here, but on average, the lion's share of stuff I see is "the production Taycan is hiding under my bed to scare me at night".

As for true "Porsche enthusiasts"...miss me with that shit, please. Isn't the number one concern when driving a Porsche the feel from the inside, not how other people are seeing you when you drive it? However, I was at the Werks Reunion a couple of weeks ago, and saw a pretty huge amount of people circle-jerking over the looks of their cars rather than talking about driving them, so anything's possible ;)

If it doesn't look good to you, no one is holding a knife to your throat. Get your deposit back and move on. OR...think outside the box and make it look a little different. I'm sure the aftermarket is salivating to get their hands on this thing (I know wheel manufacturer's are already starting their designs).

Happy thoughts, gentlemen. Happy thoughts.
Wow. So much anger. Yes after all it is just a car. It seems you have absolutely no regards for other’s honest opinions. Sad

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Mercedes R-Class, Saab 9-5, Mac Minarelli X30 gokart
Country flag
Wow. So much anger. Yes after all it is just a car. It seems you have absolutely no regards for other’s honest opinions. Sad
Yup. Someome does not need another car, he needs something completely different :D

Admiring your car from the outside is 100% ok in my book! :involve:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Finally I am seeing these images on something bigger than a smart phone. And I have to agree with the Yah-sayers and negate my previous comments.... YES, I think it will be big, but it will look gorgeous! notably the details spell everything, and although grainy the photos show off some really nice details under the camo

Just also realized this: The White car in the other room that you can see through the cracks in the center is a white Panamera! and as you can see on my traced image the Taycan is a lot lower than the Panamera and has a different rake of the windshield........ I think that is really what they are trying to tell us in the first image.....

Porsche Taycan Porsche drops first production Taycan images in official camo! Taycan
Sponsored

Last edited: