Porsche Taycan teaser images and similarity to concept

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
This illustrates the point I've been trying to make since day one, look how similar the silhouettes are - the Mission E concept and the official photo of the production Taycan. It looks eerily similar to the concept.
I'm glad you agree.
I was trying to show that also.
Sponsored

GratedWasabi

Banned
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan Turbo
Country flag
Yup. Honestly it can't be understated how much impact the wheels, paint job and camo has on the appearance.

In particular that clean white paint with those giant custom wheels looks so good.

The mules with small, mismatched tires and a camod out dirty black wrap were never going to look inspiring.

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I'm glad you agree.
I was trying to show that also.
Yeah. It just shows so starkly, especially when you compare it to the mules as well, and see there's glaring differences between the front fenders in the mules and the front fenders of the production car, and the rear too - you realise that the mules have taped on panels.

But the outline compared to the Mission E is almost identical. And I think this is something Porsche needs. Many have anxiety about range and stuff, and they need a really good reason to buy electric. Which is why making it look like an electric Panamera will never work - I mean, if you were choosing between this and a Panamera, and if the Taycan looked like a Panamera, why would you buy the Taycan? You can just buy a Panamera, and not have to worry about recharging, range, stuff like that.

If on the other hand, as seems to be the case judging by the teasers, and if the dimensions are the same as the Audi E Tron GT, the Taycan looks a hell of a lot better than the Panamera - a hell of a lot better than any Porsche in living memory (like the Mission E was) - and much sportier - basically like a 4-door 911 - then you would want to buy it ahead of a Panamera. When you're selling an EV, knowing that buyers have anxiety about range and stuff, you need to make an emotional sell, to captivate the heart of the buyer - what the Mission E did so well, that's why there's so many orders for it, and why demand is outstripping supply. I wager 99% of the reason for that is the looks of the Mission E. It would be utter lunacy to ditch the Mission E looks for Panamera-lite looks

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I think it's a very reassuring topic though, especially for those who look at the mules and are alarmed by the way the mules look, reaffirming how closely the finished Taycan will look to the concept - indeed, almost identical - especially the silhouette - will be very calming and a source of relief to many, I'd imagine

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Mercedes R-Class, Saab 9-5, Mac Minarelli X30 gokart
Country flag
But...the pic of the Mission E in post #27 vs #28 are VERY different. What's that all about? Is #27 a rendered "expected" Taycan and not the "real" concept?
-Different size wheels
-Different front and rear
-Different front wheel arches

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Country flag
Audi e-Tron virtual mirrors:
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan teaser images and similarity to concept {filename}

-looks very clumsy IMO

Porsche:
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan teaser images and similarity to concept {filename}

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
But...the pic of the Mission E in post #27 vs #28 are VERY different. What's that all about? Is #27 a rendered "expected" Taycan and not the "real" concept?
-Different size wheels
-Different front and rear
-Different front wheel arches
Post #27 and 28 both show the Mission E concept, at different angles.

Post 27 is a post I made ( I think?) showing the similarities between the Mission E concept and the teaser picture of the production Taycan - not really the best picture to prove my point, as Granola sent a picture that allowed me to prove my point much better

If you look at Post 31, that's a much better picture to prove my point.

Also while I believe the silhouette of the Taycan will be almost identical to that of the Mission E, the Taycan will have conventional mirrors - as can be seen in the teaser pic. And no suicide doors.

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Country flag
I got your point, but look again. Or overlap - the white E in #27 is way tamed down vs #28

Suicide doors are gone yes. But I bet cam mirrors can be ordered where legal.

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I got your point, but look again. Or overlap - the white E in #27 is way tamed down vs #28

Suicide doors are gone yes. But I bet cam mirrors can be ordered where legal.
Post 28 is supposed to show the Mission E where the camera is lower down, I think?

Both pictures are definitely of the Mission E concept

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Country flag
See it now?

My conclusion:
-Same size wheels but they look smaller on the longer concept car
-Big difference front and rear
-Lots of other small differences

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
See it now?

My conclusion:
-Same size wheels but they look smaller on the longer concept car
-Big difference front and rear
-Lots of other small differences
I don't understand your point. Are you saying the two pictures of the Mission E are different?

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Country flag
Where the spy shots come from:

Reactions: Dee

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't understand your point. Are you saying the two pictures of the Mission E are different?
Yes. Did you see my overlay video?

If you can’t see it then you need glasses :D

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Yes. Did you see my overlay video?

If you can’t see it then you need glasses :D
Yeah, but I think that's because they were taken at different camera angles

The second one is where the camera angle is much lower, so the spoiler becomes less pronounced as it's less visible, and so the whole profile of the car is distorted. That's one of the things that most intrigues me about the Mission E, it was designed in such a way that the profile can distort somewhat as you look at it from different angles, it's hard to explain, but it's designed in such a way that the profile can distort whichever angle you look at it from, but it adds to the feeling of a 4-door supercar - many cars are four-door coupes, but the Mission E is a 4 door supercar, as the Taycan will be.
Sponsored