Received a "limited edition collectible brochure"

Discussion in 'General Taycan Topics' started by Scott Allen, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Scott Allen

Scott Allen New Member

First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicles:
    2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
    FedX today from Porsche. Nicely done 56 page book with leather type cover and a similar box. The note inside says" To commemorate the upcoming start of production,n and your participation in our Taycan depositor program, please enjoy the limited edition collectible brochure we have enclosed. This piece chronicles our historic path to electrification and a glimpse into what the future may hold.

I don't see any new info on the Taycan except an app for augmented reality for the Taycan. May have been out previously but I haven't seen it.

2. GreggT

GreggT Active Member

First Name:
    GreggT
    Vehicles:
    Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
    Enthusiast
    #2 GreggT, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Yep.....beautiful presentation, beautiful marketing.
    Intro letter signed by Zellmer & Mota, PCNA.
    Incredibly, inside they are still showing images of the beautiful 'E' body.....I count 4 in the book....plus a CG'd one of the make-believe Taycan assembly line (a larger one than has been out before) with 15 or 20 bodies 'supposedly' in production.

Have they no shame?

GT3GT4 man and Ron like this.
  3. didau

didau New Member

Vehicles:
    E550, Bold, ML
    The charger info is good info for me:like:

PorscheChg.jpg

TIM likes this.
  4. felixtb

felixtb Well-Known Member

First Name:
    felix
    Vehicles:
    Porsche: Taycan reserved; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, 3, new roadster reserved
    architect
    it worries me that it sais in the last example charge your car to a 248mile range....... hope that’s only 80%. since that would mean around 310 mile max charge.... which is not huge but ok. And why would i want to charge at a dealership? i would only want to go there if i had a problem or wanted to buy a new car...........

5. Haros

Haros Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    You bet
    The Audi e Tron GT only has 248 with a 90 kWh battery , the Taycan will be the same

6. Friedrich

Friedrich Active Member

First Name:
    Friedrich
    Vehicles:
    Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
    Commercial Real Estate Landlord
    Yes no shame. I actually counted 33 images of the Mission E, including the 16 of the fake assembly line. I suppose most deposit holders dont really look at this website or even google taycan, but rather trusting Porsche that the Taycan will look similar to the Mission E. Some will have a very rude surprise in September. Those reading this website will not have disappointment, as we pretty much already know what the Taycan will look like.

As Dee said in another post, we have to stop comparing the Mission E to the Taycan and accept the Mission E as a concept, and accept the Taycan as the Taycan, Porsche's electric vehicle. I don't think anyone doubts it will perform as a Porsche should (at least in the S level). It looks good so far, and is a great car on its own!

I know we are all disappointed that the suicide doors in this original green Mission E are gone.....:CWL::CWL::CWL:

s19_1812_fine.jpg

7. Friedrich

Friedrich Active Member

First Name:
    Friedrich
    Vehicles:
    Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
    Now this looks like the real production line.....of more mules.....:CWL:

TaycanProduction.jpg

Ron likes this.
  8. r553

r553 Member

First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicles:
    2016 Boxster Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2104 Mazda 3
    Retired systems engineer
    I received my book yesterday. September can't come soon enough.

9. r553

r553 Member

First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicles:
    2016 Boxster Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2104 Mazda 3
    Retired systems engineer
  10. Friedrich

Friedrich Active Member

First Name:
    Friedrich
    Vehicles:
    A few highlights:

In the article, Blume states at least 10,000 will be produced, but definitely more than 20,000 for the 2020 model year, but will not specify exactly how many more.

He also spoke in general about the Taycan. When Porsche makes a new car, they use themselves (other Porsche cars) as a standard of measurement (not Tesla), and the Taycan has to drive like the 911.
    "Blume damit meinte, verriet er nicht, sondern betonte: „Wenn wir einen neuen Porsche aufsetzen, legen wir den Maßstab immer an uns selbst an: Der Taycan muss sich so fahren wie der 911.“

Hohe Fahrdynamik & konstante Leistung
    Blume sei kürzlich mit dem Taycan auf einer Rennstrecke in Italien zu Besuch gewesen und davon „immer noch begeistert“. Der Elektroantrieb biete insbesondere den Vorteil, dass die Batterie für einen niedrigeren Schwerpunkt als beim Elfer sorge. „Das heißt: Das Fahrzeug liegt noch satter auf der Straße“, erklärte der Porsche-Boss. „Zudem regeln wir fünfmal schneller als ein Verbrenner, haben keine Kupplung und keine Kardanwelle. Das bringt zusammen mit unserem Fahrwerk-Know-how einen Riesenvorteil, vor allem bei der Fahrdynamik in den Kurven.“"

So Blume brags....
    With the low center of weight and without a clutch/transmission and drive shaft coupled with Porsche's know how of the undercarriage (suspension), the car has a huge advantage, especially in the driving dynamic of curves.....
    (So this will be a great car on mountain roads.....Where there are no charging stations....LOL...that will be interesting test to see how many miles the battery lasts on mountain roads.)

On the battery:
    Bereits bekannt ist, dass der Taycan zum Start über eine Batterie mit knapp über 90 kWh Kapazität verfügen wird. Die Reichweite mit einer Ladung gibt Porsche mit über 500 Kilometer nach der auslaufenden NEFZ-Norm an.
    So the batteries will be just over 90kWh capacity with just over 500km (312miles) (if you drive like your grandfather in a Lexus, so maybe 50 miles on a slalom runs on a steep ultra curvy mountain road? :CWL:)

TIM likes this.
  11. GoDucksYellO

GoDucksYellO New Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicles:
    BMW M3, BMW i3, Silverado 2500HD
    The book will be a collectable in 10 years. Great marketing it’s very cool. Still hoping for European Delivery for an epic experience.

12. domin1720

domin1720 Active Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicles:
    2017 macan gts
    I got pizza grease on mine, smooth on my part

13. Passifier

Passifier Member

First Name:
    Ron
    Vehicles:
    TAYCAN on order with deposit - Tesla S, Cayenne, MB 300
    Got mine too and thought it was slick but was not pleased to see the same old pictures of the Mission E. Agree that Sept. is the big month for all of us.

Ron likes this.
  14. Raek

Raek Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Macan GTS, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
    Because of my incredible pizza intake, my pores secrete pizza grease 24/7...so, you know that mine is coated in it. No big deal.