So, This Is A Bit Disappointing For Us Early Adopters...

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I'm probably one of the most avid Porsche fans this side of the Atlantic. I purchased my wife a macan turbo s in the assumption that I would one day be
acquiring my won Taycan Turbo to match and we could race around town as the Porsche family one day. However I agree with too many fo the things stated here that I have a sense that we maybe up for a disappointment if 1; the charge is in fact reduced, 2; the body styling is revealed to look like those ugly mules. and most importantly 3; The price changes suddenly being elevated to higher for nothing! That would just piss me off.

To be honest I almost gave us until................. this baby peaked its head out and gave me hope...
I said if it in fact ends up looking like this render below then Halleluyah!! But if not... I'll be the firs tot admit I'm
now considering buying the brand new C8 Corvette that debuted last night. (Im not a chevy or corvette fan) but hot damn that new car
has been designed well and the price and looks of it look unbeatable with all due respect to my fellow Porsche enthusiasts on here.

Porsche Taycan Production.jpeg

Porsche Taycan3 Production.jpeg

Porsche Taycan2.1 Production.jpg
For the price of a well equipped Taycan “turbo” you’ll be able to buy the new C8 and a Loaded performance model 3 and have money left over.
Sponsored

rb911c4s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Hello all.
If you lease the Taycan, when your 2 year lease is matured, you can seemlessly move into the new and improved Taycan. I see a lot of the comments and they mostly imply the intent to buy and keep the Taycan. I am curious why you would do such a thing with the continuous improvement in the EV segment.

So don't get too hung up on the early technology. Also, lease programs with Porsche support an early exit from a lease to a new lease. So, just one year into your lease you could be, of course with your trusted Certified Porsche Brand Ambassador, designing your new Taycan 2.0.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I'm probably one of the most avid Porsche fans this side of the Atlantic. I purchased my wife a macan turbo s in the assumption that I would one day be
acquiring my won Taycan Turbo to match and we could race around town as the Porsche family one day. However I agree with too many fo the things stated here that I have a sense that we maybe up for a disappointment if 1; the charge is in fact reduced, 2; the body styling is revealed to look like those ugly mules. and most importantly 3; The price changes suddenly being elevated to higher for nothing! That would just piss me off.

To be honest I almost gave us until................. this baby peaked its head out and gave me hope...
I said if it in fact ends up looking like this render below then Halleluyah!! But if not... I'll be the firs tot admit I'm
now considering buying the brand new C8 Corvette that debuted last night. (Im not a chevy or corvette fan) but hot damn that new car
has been designed well and the price and looks of it look unbeatable with all due respect to my fellow Porsche enthusiasts on here.

Porsche Taycan Production.jpeg

Porsche Taycan3 Production.jpeg

Porsche Taycan2.1 Production.jpg
Renderings, renderings........less than 2 months ago Porsche was still sharing 2015 'drawings' from the wall of the Zuffenhausen 'E' Design Studio. Pretty funny.
The mule body, that's run for almost 2 years, and ran this month at Goodwood......is the Taycan body.
.....but I am only 99% sure of that.

GT3GT4 man

Banned
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, GT4, Boxster Spider, Macan GTS, 458 Spider
Country flag
I am now anxiously awaiting my order cancellation. Sad. I will wait to be sure. The high performance model 3 is the electric car to get- until Tesla releases the Roadster (0-60 1.8 seconds and 250+ top speed) - which will probably arrive before the real performance version of the fugly Taycan. Ugh.

Reactions: Ron

Jim Burgio Jr.

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari Cali T, Mercedes S 63 AMG Renntech, Lexus RX 350, Aston martin DB 9 convertible
Country flag
The more I watch the 3 ‘reveals’...Shanghai, Goodwood and NYC, of the taycan, the more I see a redesigned panamera(ish).
Is it just me, or is it less than inspiring than when we look at the mission E and say, “I want that machine”!
If that is the final design with a few hidden curves still to be unveiled, I’m not that inspired!

What do you guys think? Are you captivated by what you see now, compared to what the mission E looks like?

18FDE718-FED2-4814-AB4B-285177AC364A.jpeg

4E19DE7C-B55C-481B-AFBE-8F6115853720.jpeg
Boy if it looks like the black version above and not the White version then I have been waiting my time waiting so long. The black is totally boring and common where the white really looks cool. I guess I'll get my deposit back and look elsewhere. I think Porsche will hurt their reputation badly if the Taycan is a dud!

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Boy if it looks like the black version above and not the White version then I have been waiting my time waiting so long. The black is totally boring and common where the white really looks cool. I guess I'll get my deposit back and look elsewhere. I think Porsche will hurt their reputation badly if the Taycan is a dud!
Jim....it won't be a dud.....still plenty of people that need a new 4-door sedan and if it has the 'P' crest on the hood and is an EV.....that helps.

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
Just put the darn thing in white and not black, that’s an improvement right there. The black color gets lost Which is the point of having all black mules. The white is stunning. As most others, I fell in love with the concept and I am disillusioned by what I have seen so far. Some models, and especially the look in a specific color, cannot be captured in a photo and I learned when buying my Boxster that you really need to see it in person in the color to accurately judge the over all look. I am hoping one shows up in Atlanta soon after the reveal.

P.S. my dealer told me months ago that there would be at least 4 models, the guesstimate of price and guesstimate of build opening. It won’t be a day one order opportunity for all models so I hope that allows for more closer look somewhere closer.

Lsr911

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1989 Speedster, 2015 Macan Turbo, 1985 Carrera, Audi A8L, 1971 911T, 1973 914
Country flag
Attention Porsche GMBH and Porsche PCNA!

I hope your are following this site. Almost a year ago I examined the Mission E prototype in Monterey at the Quail gathering during Pebble Beach car week. Shortly after that I placed a deposit on the Taycan. Based on the press releases and information that I have since received. I expected a 800 volt quick charge, four wheel drive. 600 horse power, with a 0-60 time under 3.5 seconds and a vehicle with looks similar to the Mission E . Also a cost between a Cayenne and a Panamera was stated. I have waited almost a year for this vehicle. Based on the media release above a base model will be the first available with vastly downgrade performance and charging. This is distressing news I did not expect. Am I disappointed? YES!! Will I wait for the top line model that is possibly available another year or more in the future? Maybe. Will I pull my deposit? Think about it?

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
Agree

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag

I hope your are following this site. Almost a year ago I examined the Mission E prototype in Monterey at the Quail gathering during Pebble Beach car week. Shortly after that I placed a deposit on the Taycan. Based on the press releases and information that I have since received. I expected a 800 volt quick charge, four wheel drive. 600 horse power, with a 0-60 time under 3.5 seconds and a vehicle with looks similar to the Mission E . Also a cost between a Cayenne and a Panamera was stated. I have waited almost a year for this vehicle. Based on the media release above a base model will be the first available with vastly downgrade performance and charging. This is distressing news I did not expect. Am I disappointed? YES!! Will I wait for the top line model that is possibly available another year or more in the future? Maybe. Will I pull my deposit? Think about it?
Yes. I’ve felt the same way

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Country flag

............Based on the media release above a base model will be the first available with vastly downgrade performance and charging.
I know this is typical 'Porsche staging' however........I would not bet this will be the case w/Taycan.
It's 'possible' that Turbo builds will come first.
Not sure how that would be received.
Well....actually I do. :D

GT3GT4 man

Banned
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, GT4, Boxster Spider, Macan GTS, 458 Spider
Country flag
Of course- they should release the expensive version first- to get the most premium for buyers that want it first.

Unless it’s just not ready. Which would be poor management- IMO.

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
For the price of a well equipped Taycan “turbo” you’ll be able to buy the new C8 and a Loaded performance model 3 and have money left over.
The new C8 looks so, so good. Such a great value and that is before C8 z06 which comes next year around this time.

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
So far the snippets of advertising do nothing to entice me towards the Taycan and I really would like it to be my next buy. Smoke and mirror advertising might do it for others but I want to hear why the Taycan is more cutting edge, fun and advanced over the competition. I won’t buy just for the Porsche name and the Tesla Model 3 is actually more tech advanced at 1/2 the price. I expect that Porsche will give the real facts after the reveal but at this point the lower range and slower charging times being leaked out are not impressive. Oh well.......

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
A friend of mine works in Porsche sales and he commented that very few people comparison shop on Porsches. He says people come in, and after driving one, know that that is the car they want. They may not buy it immediately, but if they really like it, they'll be back. As a long time Porsche owner and enthusiast, I can't imagine driving anything else. No matter what you may hear to the contrary, Porsche's R&D arm is second to none. They have a ton of experience with electric motors from cars like the 919 and 918 Spyder. Much of Porsche's engineering work is done for other manufacturers; you just don't hear about it because the other manufacturers are forbidden from advertising that fact. Porsche seems to have no problem selling the first production year of the car. I can't think of any car they've done that did not sell well, although obviously some have sold better than others.

My only advice to people who have a deposit down is to wait until September to see the actual production car. Given the interest in the car at this point, I don't think they'll have any trouble at all selling all they produce.
Sponsored