Taycan at FOS Goodwood

Discussion in 'General Taycan Topics' started by Dee, Jul 6, 2019.

1. domin1720

domin1720 Active Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicles:
    2017 macan gts
    Really ?

2. TheSnape

TheSnape Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Ford Fiesta
    From this angle it looks athletic. Goes without saying I wish it was more similar to the Mission E, and had the spoiler

However to say it looks similar to a Panamera is ridiculous, there's a clear difference between the two, the Taycan looks markedly more athletic.

3. robox

robox Active Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicles:
    X5/ Maloo

4. robox

robox Active Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicles:
    X5/ Maloo
    Fair enough, you may be someone who recognises individual models easily
    Personally, now that I’ve managed, (as you and others suggested) to stop comparing the Taycan to the E
    ....I’m really REALLY liking the rear and front ends of the car (apart from praying for the integrated spoiler)
    The side elevation, not so much, I’m trying to but as some others have said, I was drawn to the ‘coupe’ look that the ‘other’ car had

I can honestly say (no wind up intended) I see the Panamera in its side profile
    No disrespect to Panamera owners, it’s simply not my cup of tea
    I wanted electric but interestingly, research into the brand has made me fall in love with the 992, I never wanted to spend that much
    on a car but f.... it, if only it were electric..... I’d buy one tomorrow

I respect your positivity, the prospect of a new car should be exciting, I’m a bit embarrassed re my complaining about the E so frequently
    in posts but I quest that’s just part of the process
    Fingers up to the odd member who are outright rude, criticise and delight in abuse at those members whom they don’t agree with

TheSnape likes this.
  5. DrParis

DrParis Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicles:
    2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
    Name one modern Porsche that has those fugly Pontiac taillights. It’s such obvious camouflage

6. TheSnape

TheSnape Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Ford Fiesta
    It should be. I too wish it looked more like the E, but once you stop and think, it's more coupe-like and athletic than any other sedan on sale

7. Raek

Raek Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Macan GTS, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
    Truth. It's also just a generally good looking car which will perform like a Porsche, most likely be as reliable as any modern Porsche in it's first year run, and represents a new era of automotive innovation.

I think what the BIG problem here is, is that a bunch of dudes who thought they were going to get hypercar looks for Panamera prices are upset that they can't pull through with the big-time flex on medium-time dollars. I mean, there's people in here just wilding out, repeating the Panamera bullshit relentlessly. We get it. You don't like it. Porsche isn't concerned with like...15 dudes on a forum that would most likely be complaining about SOMETHING, even if it were exactly the Mission-E.

The rest of us are excited, damn it. Stop trying to direct your urine in the general area of our Cheerios.

*full disclosure* I'd be stoked as FUCK if the car looked like the Mission-E for the price of a Panamera, so I get why some of you are upset.

robox likes this.
  8. Raek

Raek Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Macan GTS, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
    Also, check this screenshot:

48273569516_c782f7a76d_b.jpg

It looks very Mission-E proportion wise. Not AS extreme...but, the sporty and sleek shape is certainly there.

robox likes this.