Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Width of Taycan vs Mission E -

2D7CDA03-7243-4087-A4E8-F1506D0A0FEA.jpeg

490B5809-2175-478A-A5F9-522721586DF2.jpeg
From this angle it looks athletic. Goes without saying I wish it was more similar to the Mission E, and had the spoiler

However to say it looks similar to a Panamera is ridiculous, there's a clear difference between the two, the Taycan looks markedly more athletic.

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
From this angle it looks athletic. Goes without saying I wish it was more similar to the Mission E, and had the spoiler

However to say it looks similar to a Panamera is ridiculous, there's a clear difference between the two, the Taycan looks markedly more athletic.

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
Fair enough, you may be someone who recognises individual models easily
Personally, now that I’ve managed, (as you and others suggested) to stop comparing the Taycan to the E
....I’m really REALLY liking the rear and front ends of the car (apart from praying for the integrated spoiler)
The side elevation, not so much, I’m trying to but as some others have said, I was drawn to the ‘coupe’ look that the ‘other’ car had

I can honestly say (no wind up intended) I see the Panamera in its side profile
No disrespect to Panamera owners, it’s simply not my cup of tea
I wanted electric but interestingly, research into the brand has made me fall in love with the 992, I never wanted to spend that much
on a car but f.... it, if only it were electric..... I’d buy one tomorrow

I respect your positivity, the prospect of a new car should be exciting, I’m a bit embarrassed re my complaining about the E so frequently
in posts but I quest that’s just part of the process
Fingers up to the odd member who are outright rude, criticise and delight in abuse at those members whom they don’t agree with

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
You guys think those huge, ugly rear tail lights are just tape? They seem identical on all the Taycans in the photos... Why go to that effort?
Name one modern Porsche that has those fugly Pontiac taillights. It’s such obvious camouflage

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Fair enough, you may be someone who recognises individual models easily
Personally, now that I’ve managed, (as you and others suggested) to stop comparing the Taycan to the E
....I’m really REALLY liking the rear and front ends of the car (apart from praying for the integrated spoiler)
The side elevation, not so much, I’m trying to but as some others have said, I was drawn to the ‘coupe’ look that the ‘other’ car had

I can honestly say (no wind up intended) I see the Panamera in its side profile
No disrespect to Panamera owners, it’s simply not my cup of tea
I wanted electric but interestingly, research into the brand has made me fall in love with the 992, I never wanted to spend that much
on a car but f.... it, if only it were electric..... I’d buy one tomorrow

I respect your positivity, the prospect of a new car should be exciting, I’m a bit embarrassed re my complaining about the E so frequently
in posts but I quest that’s just part of the process
Fingers up to the odd member who are outright rude, criticise and delight in abuse at those members whom they don’t agree with
It should be. I too wish it looked more like the E, but once you stop and think, it's more coupe-like and athletic than any other sedan on sale

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
It should be. I too wish it looked more like the E, but once you stop and think, it's more coupe-like and athletic than any other sedan on sale
Truth. It's also just a generally good looking car which will perform like a Porsche, most likely be as reliable as any modern Porsche in it's first year run, and represents a new era of automotive innovation.

I think what the BIG problem here is, is that a bunch of dudes who thought they were going to get hypercar looks for Panamera prices are upset that they can't pull through with the big-time flex on medium-time dollars. I mean, there's people in here just wilding out, repeating the Panamera bullshit relentlessly. We get it. You don't like it. Porsche isn't concerned with like...15 dudes on a forum that would most likely be complaining about SOMETHING, even if it were exactly the Mission-E.

The rest of us are excited, damn it. Stop trying to direct your urine in the general area of our Cheerios.

*full disclosure* I'd be stoked as FUCK if the car looked like the Mission-E for the price of a Panamera, so I get why some of you are upset.

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Also, check this screenshot:

Porsche Taycan Taycan at FOS Goodwood 48273569516_c782f7a76d_b

It looks very Mission-E proportion wise. Not AS extreme...but, the sporty and sleek shape is certainly there.
Sponsored