Big_Pete1999

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why yes, I do have vehicles, thanks for asking
Country flag
Pictures from yesterday of the Taycan without the front light camo panels taped on it. Even just peeling off the headlight covers is making a gigantic aesthetic improvement.

Porsche Taycan Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window Taycan-drops-camo1
Porsche Taycan Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window Taycan-drops-camo3
Porsche Taycan Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window Taycan-drops-camo4
Porsche Taycan Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window Taycan-drops-camo2

Camouflage removed digitally by @hawk

Porsche Taycan Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window bkr7tow-

Porsche Taycan Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window zm9ldys-

Last edited by a moderator:

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Very nice! The headlights do look a lot more aggressive now that the plastic camo cover is gone. I like how deeply inset they are -- which gives the front bumper more shape and length and more closely resembles the Mission E concept.

The tail lights still have red camo tape around them so they seem a lot bigger than they really are. Will look real sleek once that's off. Looks like an NSX right now.

Pic was kinda dark so I blew up the shadows a bit.

Porsche Taycan Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window porsche-taycan-prototype-shows-production-lights-in-traffic-looks-sleek-134014_1-2

Last edited by a moderator:

Series7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 BMW M550i
Country flag
LOVE IT! :involve: Looks like production body panels and bumpers all around now. The front and rear are so much more aggressive than it was looking like with all the camo still on. I was afraid that the rear area where they had fake exhaust tips would be too empty/flat, but they gave the entire rear lots of nice shapes and bulges. I'm psyched.

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Comparing the image by @Raek above (where he digitally removed the remaining headlight camo) and the Mission E. I'd say Porsche pretty much nailed it and kept very close to the original styling.

Porsche Taycan Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window Mission E vs Taycan Production

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
^Wow, that resemblance to the Mission E is uncanny.

Better looking than the vast majority of four-door cars on sale today - I'm struggling to think of a better looking 4 door car - even the Peugeot 508 would struggle compared with the pic above.

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Also, remember, black is used on mules because it hides small details. Once this thing hits with a color palette to choose from, we'll get an even better idea of how it'll look.

I wonder how many "I gave my deposit back" people will turn into "well, yeah...it's still not even that cool" people.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Well.......if this does it for ya I'm happy for you.
On this and other forums....lists have been laid down of all the departures from the beautiful 'E' , but I do not remember anyone pointing out the front lighting as a departure.
Personally I always saw, or imagined under simple camo, a fair resemblance on front lighting to the 'E' concept.........but whatever.

AlphaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
Country flag
Can someone photoshop the rear end pics like Raek did for the front? I’m liking this car a lot more, even with whatever residual camp is on there!

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Comparing the image by @Raek above (where he digitally removed the remaining headlight camo) and the Mission E. I'd say Porsche pretty much nailed it and kept very close to the original styling.
Maybe its the black paint and poor camera/zoom but I'm not seeing it. Still looks like a Panamera more than the Mission E to my eye.

Hood bulges have been inverted and roof bulges removed completely
Front bumper is totally different, sticks out less has huge catfish mouth on bottom
Front fenders are not as wide and less curved/humped
Dish/concavity of side doors is less as are the side skirts and because of this the rear fender is less curved/humped as well
The rear end from glass to bumper is shorter and rear wheel is much closer to the end of the car
Normal/boring mirrors instead of "virtual" LCD displays

Overall "widebody" look/stance of the Mission E is missing when you remove all of these things and the car suffers for it. Turning into more of a electric car for the masses than a special Porsche. Let Tesla be the e car for the masses!

I'll keep my deposit (why not, nothing to lose) until I see the full reveal and white paint but based on this it isn't what I was hoping or expecting it to be.

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It looks ok but definitely not like the Mission E, only style elements.
Still, I'm waiting for the end result.
Also remember, wheels have such big impact on the look of a car.
Still not excited but it's ok for now...