Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I am sure it is no accident that all the mules are black as it seems very difficult to see the lines of the car. Also harder to see stuck on camo, so it seems way to early to make very definitive derogatory statements about the styling IMO.:rolleyes:
True. Also Porsche keeps advertising the Mission E concept, and I don't think Porsche would be allowed legally to do false advertising
Sponsored

Reactions: Ron

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
You see, from the front it looks amazing.

It retains that sports-coupe with 4 doors look, instead of looking like a run of the mill sedan

I just wish the rear had the Mission E spoiler, give it a little cohesion
Don’t give up hope on that one
There’s something weird going on in almost all the rear shots (really funny lines) constant camouflage tape at the rear pillar/guard junction
Lack of video footage , close ups etc etc
Deflections and bad joints in a lot of places around that vicinity in a lot of photos
There’s a shot taken in Shanghai that appears to have a quick patch up/blob of glue holding down the panel above the spoiler

My guess is its a false panel between the spoiler and rear windscreen and the reveal in September will show a integrated spoiler, very much like the beloved E
Unfortunately I believe no increase in hip width but a huge improvement in aesthetics
Distinguishing it from its present rear end Panamera look
Swinging the critics
Satisfying the majority and cementing 10’s of thousands of sales (including mine)
Woo hoo

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
There’s something weird going on in almost all the rear shots (really funny lines) constant camouflage tape at the rear pillar/guard junction
Deflections and bad joints in a lot of places around that vicinity in a lot of photos
There’s a shot taken in Shanghai that appears to have a quick patch up/blob of glue holding down the panel above the spoiler

My guess is its a false panel between the spoiler and rear windscreen and the reveal in September will show a integrated spoiler, very much like the beloved E
Unfortunately I believe no increase in hip width but a huge improvement in aesthetics
Swinging the critics
Satisfying the majority and cementing 10’s of thousands of sales (including mine)
Woo hoo
Agree that there is quite a bit of camo still on the car. I believe there is a lot more to see once that goes. Even in the Shanghai video, you can see how the black is taped on the lower front spoiler lip and the black camo covering part of the mirrors.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
What advertisement?
Not to answer for TheSnape but........'advertising' as in still putting it out there....the image of the 'E'.....not a specific "advertisement".
It's gone on for over 2 years.....and as late as 2 weeks ago, 6/26, Porsche and Michael Mauer had the gal to put out 3 (supposedly "new sketches").....showing the 'E' body.
They were in fact drawings that can be seen in the 2015 video on the wall of the design studio.....immediately behind the clay mock-up of the Mission E.

Two weeks ago....for Gods sake.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
Not to answer for TheSnape but........'advertising' as in still putting it out there....the image of the 'E'.....not a specific "advertisement".
It's gone on for over 2 years.....and as late as 2 weeks ago, 6/26, Porsche and Michael Mauer had the gal to put out 3 (supposedly "new sketches").....showing the 'E' body.
They were in fact drawings that can be seen in the 2015 video on the wall of the design studio.....immediately behind the clay mock-up of the Mission E.

Agree. Looks nothing at all like the mules

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag

Swinging the critics
Woo hoo
Yeah, I really hope that's true. I could hopefully see that panel being fake.

Yeah, something's up with that. Car companies normally wouldn't promote the concept so much unless the finished product looked very similar indeed.

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
The hips are clearly visible.

64844555_573871633017975_5665844995566810219_n.jpg

66266848_641150923056012_8568826099986710582_n.jpg
Still looks photoshopped
But it’s looking sooo good
If I were over there I couldn’t help myself, I’d be poking my finger through the tape/wrap at the
(Is it called) ‘C’ pillar junction?
And even better, those hips are going to look just that wee bit wider again (at reveal)

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
Mission E Wheels. It makes the camouflage car different with just a small change!

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Country flag
The hips are clearly visible.
If that does it for you, congrats......but definitely not the Mission E hips.......and definitely not the 918-like front fender arches.....and definitely not the......

It's still the same Taycan (mule) body.....but if it looks good for you then you have a winner. I'm sure it will still sell well.

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
If that does it for you, congrats......but definitely not the Mission E hips.......and definitely not the 918-like front fender arches.....and definitely not the......

It's still the same Taycan (mule) body.....but if it looks good for you then you have a winner. I'm sure it will still sell well.
I dispense your Patronising!

What i said was that the Taycan Mules (in a reply) had hips and they were clearly visible.

This Taycan/Mission E thing reminds me of all the crap i´ve read about the 992 design in other(s) forum´s (believe me, i was one of the more active members regarding the then new 992 in one of the most old and "inside info" Porsche forums on the web) a year ago but when the 992 was presented...Dead Silence from the critics!

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag

For $200,000.00 you can buy a 2020 loaded Bentayga Hybrid. I was hoping for 100k, I was ok with 120k but for some time it’s been 130k before options, meaning 150k, gulp, if I’m in love when I see it I’m still in, although I’m feeling a little “used”, I’m a very very early deposit holder, but at 200k plus 20k taxes, I’m out. I guarantee that within 18 months the solid state batteries will make these 200k cars worth a solid 100k on the used market (if they are low mile examples). How much is too much for you, 225, 250, 300,??? What’s the top price before you bail?

GyAkUsOu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A1 GB
Country flag
For $200,000.00 you can buy a 2020 loaded Bentayga Hybrid. I was hoping for 100k, I was ok with 120k but for some time it’s been 130k before options, meaning 150k, gulp, if I’m in love when I see it I’m still in, although I’m feeling a little “used”, I’m a very very early deposit holder, but at 200k plus 20k taxes, I’m out. I guarantee that within 18 months the solid state batteries will make these 200k cars worth a solid 100k on the used market (if they are low mile examples). How much is too much for you, 225, 250, 300,??? What’s the top price before you bail?
That's not correct. The Taycan starts at 90.000€ (probably the same in $). The 4S costs ~ 100.000 (before options).

Of course the Turbo and Turbo S-versions will be crazy expensive. It's Porsche. Look at the pricing of the Turbo-models of the Cayenne and especially the Panamera. The Turbo will start at 140.000+.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Country flag
What’s the top price before you bail?
Wow......what a great question.
So my first reaction to that is......it really is more about the car than the dollars.
Over two years ago when I was the first in my market to place a deposit.....I had no problem with a $150K Mission E.
I would have planned on keeping it for a significant length of time as I do most of my cars.

Now.....I'm studying the comments here and elsewhere about the guestimated resale value if it were flipped in the first 12-24 months.....and, I have relegated Taycan's mission-in-life to be a 4-door dog-hauler for the wife.
Needless to say, I'm having a hard time keeping my mind on track for the $150K+ dog-hauler :(...........and, I do need one of those before Christmas.
Sponsored