Taycan GT3 RS / higher powered, sportier Taycan?

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Not a chance they'll have an upgraded model to the Turbo S until they figure out some new battery technology. They will certainly at some point have a two-door EV version (probably called something else) that is quicker though - I think eventually this has to be the case.
Hmm yeah, lighter solid state batteries will probably be a few years out of mass production, but there's no reason Porsche couldn't do a limited run one-off series upgrade on the Turbo S which features solid state batteries.

Also, Porsche can just strip out a lot of existing equipment plus use even more lightweight materials for all non-battery parts, it would be good to make the batteries lighter, but even if they can't, they can just strip out/make lighter all non-battery components in the car.

Something similar to what Bugatti does with Centodieci, La Voiture Noire, Divo etc?
Sponsored

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t see why Porsche would mess with the 911 as full BEV until after at least one generation of 918 style hybrid. They’ve done it, it’s amazing, and it won’t ruffle as many feathers.

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I don’t see why Porsche would mess with the 911 as full BEV until after at least one generation of 918 style hybrid. They’ve done it, it’s amazing, and it won’t ruffle as many feathers.
Yeah, that's what the Taycan is for (I'm hoping, and pretty sure). Porsche have made the Taycan as an electric 911 - and as an interesting quirk they gave it four doors. The Taycan, I'm sure, is there to test the waters for the 911. That's why I think they'll keep making higher powered, lighter variants - and of course, because it's Porsche, they'll give it the same name variant as the 911's high powered variants, like a Taycan GT3 RS - they did after all make Turbo and Turbo S model variants for the Taycan, and GT3 RS makes more sense at some point down the line.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Yeah, that's what the Taycan is for (I'm hoping, and pretty sure). Porsche have made the Taycan as an electric 911 - and as an interesting quirk they gave it four doors. The Taycan, I'm sure, is there to test the waters for the 911. That's why I think they'll keep making higher powered, lighter variants - and of course, because it's Porsche, they'll give it the same name variant as the 911's high powered variants, like a Taycan GT3 RS - they did after all make Turbo and Turbo S model variants for the Taycan, and GT3 RS makes more sense at some point down the line.
the GT models like the GT3 or GT2 are specific category homologations in sports car racing, so unless Porsche plans to race the Taycan in these categories the naming will be different.......

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
no rule for that i think........ but the weight problem and refueling time or use swap batteries but then the car platform needs to be set up for that.... not sure if the taycan is...... these current deficiencies of the battery tech is a big himderance to competing on a level bases with ICE cars...... for now. :)

PS the tesla series i think was in the end still born but not sure. there was some hoopla initially but took too long to market so the iPace got the pre formula-e races instead...... not sure how that series is going either. guess we’ll soon find out when the new season of formula e starts in a few weeks.

Last edited:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
porsche however could make a new series for e touring cars such as the taycan, model s, model 3 and the iPace.......... and of course the Nissan leaf and then maybe the polestar 2 etc.. soon a series such as this could be really great since the fueling problem is the same for all the longer endurance races could be really interesting.... like a le mans series for evs......... :)

it would massively help develop battery tach as well!

that’s why the industry races anyway, to develop new systems and ideas that then can trickle down to their everyday road cars.... initially this will be even more important in the ev era!

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
porsche however could make a new series for e touring cars such as the taycan, model s, model 3 and the iPace.......... and of course the Nissan leaf and then maybe the polestar 2 etc.. soon a series such as this could be really great since the fueling problem is the same for all the longer endurance races could be really interesting.... like a le mans series for evs......... :)

it would massively help develop battery tach as well!

that’s why the industry races anyway, to develop new systems and ideas that then can trickle down to their everyday road cars.... initially this will be even more important in the ev era!
Yeah, I think it would be really good, plus Porsche would also need a car like that to compete against Tesla etc.

Either way, I just want to see several more high powered variants of the Taycan (above the Turbo S) - maybe they could make them for e touring, then make a few road car examples too

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Yeah, I think it would be really good, plus Porsche would also need a car like that to compete against Tesla etc.

Either way, I just want to see several more high powered variants of the Taycan (above the Turbo S) - maybe they could make them for e touring, then make a few road car examples too
I think they'll improve the battery technololgy and weight in about 5 years so they can drop the weight. Then if they could make a 4,000 lb 750HP car, no need to increase the power. I'm really thinking in terms of performance, I'd much rather have this than a 1,000 hp 6,000 lb car.

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I think they'll improve the battery technololgy and weight in about 5 years so they can drop the weight. Then if they could make a 4,000 lb 750HP car, no need to increase the power. I'm really thinking in terms of performance, I'd much rather have this than a 1,000 hp 6,000 lb car.
Hmm, but with increased investment I'm sure that 5 years could probably drop to 4 or even 3. And yeah, I think that's a good idea, to decrease the weight of the batteries as much as possible. But I also think they can reduce weight in other areas, like magnesium/aluminium body, take most of the interior stuff out and keep the essentials as lightweight as possible. To be honest I think this is where sports cars (EV or no) in general should head - too often people think it's increased power that means progress. But Colin Chapman had it right - simplify and add lightness. But nothing wrong with a modest increase in power - like 10hp more or so. But try to make the 4000 lb car 3000 lb - just make it as fast and sporty as possible.
Sponsored