Taycan prototype looking great in motion. Now with video and sound!

Granola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant Quattro
Country flag
This is the perfect car. Also, the first time I have seen the rear wing extended.

Reactions: SHY

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I think this pic is the best so far (January 2019) or maybe that's cuz of the 935 wheels...
It also has the wing extended and it shows the low profile and sleek lines.
Porsche Taycan Taycan prototype looking great in motion. Now with video and sound! porsche-taycan-2019-1

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Taycan prototype looking great in motion. Now with video and sound! 37FFF0C6-ABC6-430A-BC56-2E04905E1EB9

This line worries me aesthetically as it was much crisper and 911-like on the Mission-e. Now it has become the line that is most Panamera like and I do understand that they need headroom in the back seat but, they did go to great length and gouge out big holes in the battery skateboard to lower the backseats significantly to the detriment of range. With that I would have hoped they could have kept the crisper Mission-e line...... so I guess black will not be my color of choice at least not with tinted windows since the uniformity of it accentuates this unfortunate ergonomic line.......

Mhsulli

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85
Country flag
37FFF0C6-ABC6-430A-BC56-2E04905E1EB9.jpeg

This line worries me aesthetically as it was much crisper and 911-like on the Mission-e. Now it has become the line that is most Panamera like and I do understand that they need headroom in the back seat but, they did go to great length and gouge out big holes in the battery skateboard to lower the backseats significantly to the detriment of range. With that I would have hoped they could have kept the crisper Mission-e line...... so I guess black will not be my color of choice at least not with tinted windows since the uniformity of it accentuates this unfortunate ergonomic line.......
Schematic renderings of the battery pack showed a big cutout or gap in the rear seat where the feet are. That surprised me bc of the potential battery performance impact. Perhaps they’ve changed their mind though that would seem late in the game.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Schematic renderings of the battery pack showed a big cutout or gap in the rear seat where the feet are. That surprised me bc of the potential battery performance impact. Perhaps they’ve changed their mind though that would seem late in the game.
yes these are the holes I mean. they allow Porsche to put the actual seat flat on the battery and lower the feet into these two wells that could have been range......... and should have given us a lower roof line in the back. what i understand they have not gotten rid of them but if they have they gave priority to range over styling........... which is both good and bad i guess. :)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it’s also sitting on air suspension which is great for comfort but not maybe the best for a sporty ride...... and heavy......... so that’s defenetlry more Panamera than 911......... you can see the difference in the height above the tires on the highway and in the garage.....

Porsche Taycan Taycan prototype looking great in motion. Now with video and sound! 0FC42A69-BEF3-432C-82CA-B4AAC6881F9F

Porsche Taycan Taycan prototype looking great in motion. Now with video and sound! 3490C12E-0AA2-4A47-AB6A-44BDE45F21E4

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
The Taycan will for sure weight in around 2.5 tons so air suspension it must have..
I think it will be nerly 5 meters long and 2 meters wide, the height will be as many has written before 1.38m

rmbod

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S, 2018 Alpha Romeo Gulia
Country flag
This is the perfect car. Also, the first time I have seen the rear wing extended.
No such thing as a perfect car. Definitely has amazing potential. But they have to get rid of those stupid "tail pipe" covers!!

Granola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant Quattro
Country flag
No such thing as a perfect car. Definitely has amazing potential. But they have to get rid of those stupid "tail pipe" covers!!
Sure, I mean it's the perfect car for me - under the camo bits and fake tail pipes. I see a beautiful car dressed up as a pig on wheels.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Wow this looks like a different prototype and it has the hump.
Hump?
Some of these pics are over a year old.....all seem to be the the same mules that were produced late 2017, and that body is the Taycan body. Unfortunately.