First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 991
Country flag
Dear PAG_J1

First of all thank you very much for investing your time and giving us some information!

You said the Taycan is going to beat the tesla on any or at least several dimensions….

The most important Dimension for an electric car at the moment are the following:

• Acceleration -- Telsa is Incredible and very hard to beat there
  • Charging Time -- This one is going to Porsche
  • Charging Network -- Again goes to Tesla
  • Range -- New Model S will have more than 610 km WLTP - probably Tesla wins again here
  • Handling - Of course this goes to Porsche

I read that the taycan is going to weigh about 2500 kg (This would be as much as an Etron)
"Although the Taycan always weighs at least 2.5 tonnes in all medium-term configurations with large or small battery packs, with more power or less, with rear or four-wheel drive, but with a lower center of gravity than the GT3...…"
https://www.focus.de/auto/news/pano...volution-im-wald-um-weissach_id_10780589.html

Automobile Mag however expect the car to weigh about 2.1 tons

So my Question is:
Is the Taycan really that heavy?? I have already put my deposit down but a weight more than 2.2 tons max and I will definately not purchase it as I wanted
an electric SPORTS CAR - I hope automobile mag is right in this case as weight is one of the most important Things for handling

Thank you very much in advance!
Sponsored

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
Dear PAG-J1
Seems we’re all really appreciating your input
September feels like forever!
We not getting much feedback from our local dealer out here in NZ
Read somewhere we had a couple of mules here in Christchurch but unfortunately I never saw them about
My question for you is in regard to the interior
‘Spy shots’ show the dash looking like the Taycan Cross Turismo (seems pretty popular going by comments on the forum)
I however, much prefer the original interior Misson E sedan look
Can you tell me if this interior is happening or at least an option?
All the comments I’ve read say “interior stays true to concept”
Which concept ?

Thanks

OP
OP
PAG_J1

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
will the ‘turbo S’ be available from the beginning.....?
I doubt it. But I don't have the exact informations.
I think they will start with an S/4S and Turbo version. Turbo S should be released later on.

Any mention of when the EU mandated speed limiters (ISA) will start to be fitted? I understand they will be mandatory on all new vehicles given type approval sold from May 2022 onwards and models released prior to that date have to have them by May 2024. I wonder whether Porsche will fit/activate them slightly earlier on the assumption that the Taycan will already incorporate the necessary technology or whether they will leave it as late as possible. Cheers
I don't have exact informations about that.

Will there be outside noise to simulate an engine? I know the US is considering a bill for sound for safety with electric cars. Thanks!
The Taycan will have two different sounds.
-On low speed: Typical E-Engine sound for security reasons
-One more emotional sound: The Taycan will be another Porsche with an engine sound, too. It won't be an artificial V8 sound but it will have an emotional "electric engine sound". Sounds pretty good for an EV car.

Also what kind of product lifecycle will the Taycan have? Will it have a normal 7 year lifecycle?
I don't have informations about that. But I guess it will be similar.

OP
OP
PAG_J1

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
Dear PAG_J1

First of all thank you very much for investing your time and giving us some information!

You said the Taycan is going to beat the tesla on any or at least several dimensions….

The most important Dimension for an electric car at the moment are the following:

• Acceleration -- Telsa is Incredible and very hard to beat there
  • Charging Time -- This one is going to Porsche
  • Charging Network -- Again goes to Tesla
  • Range -- New Model S will have more than 610 km WLTP - probably Tesla wins again here
  • Handling - Of course this goes to Porsche

I read that the taycan is going to weigh about 2500 kg (This would be as much as an Etron)
"Although the Taycan always weighs at least 2.5 tonnes in all medium-term configurations with large or small battery packs, with more power or less, with rear or four-wheel drive, but with a lower center of gravity than the GT3...…"
https://www.focus.de/auto/news/pano...volution-im-wald-um-weissach_id_10780589.html

Automobile Mag however expect the car to weigh about 2.1 tons

So my Question is:
Is the Taycan really that heavy?? I have already put my deposit down but a weight more than 2.2 tons max and I will definately not purchase it as I wanted
an electric SPORTS CAR - I hope automobile mag is right in this case as weight is one of the most important Things for handling

Thank you very much in advance!
-Acceleration: 0-100 km/h will be similar. But for example with an Tesla Model S you can do a maximum of 2-3 accelerations consecutively at the same time - after that the car is slowed down (because of the battery heating). With every Taycan the acceleration can be done a minimum of 10x times consecutively without any loss of acceleration speed.

-Charging time: As you said, charging rate will be defined by the Taycan (after release) within EV cars.

-Charging Network: Ultra-HPC network (up to 300/350 kWh) can only be used (on full electrical current flow) with an Taycan. Of course Tesla has more overall chargers but the network is still growing so fast that you won't have any big problems with your Taycan when it's released.
Porsche Charging Service is also growing very fast.

-Range: Can't say exact numbers, but will be similar to the Tesla. Still WLTP isn't comparable to real usage.

-Handling: Balance point near to the new 911 and rear-wheel steering will give this point without a doubt to the Taycan.

Weight will be about 2t. I don't have the exact numbers, but it also depends on your configuration.
Believe me, when I say you won't have any problems driving this car as a real sportscar.
With my points from acceleration and handling above, it will be a true Porsche and therefore a true sportscar.
I talked to a lot of people, who already drove the Taycan test-mules and they all said it's incredible and feels way more like a 911 than a Panamera.

Dear PAG-J1
Seems we’re all really appreciating your input
September feels like forever!
We not getting much feedback from our local dealer out here in NZ
Read somewhere we had a couple of mules here in Christchurch but unfortunately I never saw them about
My question for you is in regard to the interior
‘Spy shots’ show the dash looking like the Taycan Cross Turismo (seems pretty popular going by comments on the forum)
I however, much prefer the original interior Misson E sedan look
Can you tell me if this interior is happening or at least an option?
All the comments I’ve read say “interior stays true to concept”
Which concept ?

Thanks
I think both interiors of the concepts (Mission E & Cross Turismo) were nearly the same.
I would say production model interior will be more like the one from the Cross Turismo concept.

Have a look here:
Porsche Taycan Taycan Q&A z_electric_porsche_int

There won't be any other interior options (in terms of the main design). Just little things like the typical Stopwatch from the optional Sport Chrono Packet.

-----------
Kind regards

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag
Pad_J1 - Do you know what is the difference between the Turbo and the Turbo S models? More range/bigger battery, faster, different colors or higher amenities/interior appointments? My main interest is in the highest trim level and most battery range.

Any idea when the Turbo S model will be available?

OHWHATDA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
PAG_J1,

Thanks for answering all the questions so far!

For us folks looking at the Base or S Taycan, how competitive will the entry models be compared to the equivalent Tesla Model S on price and performance? The whole time Porsche has been quoting "0-60 in less than 3.5 seconds" and "priced at less than $100K" and even originally "priced between a Cayenne and a Panamera" but I'm still just worried that they're referring to the performance of the Turbo S and the price of the Base. I'm of course not expecting the Base would be putting up those performance figures, but maybe the S?

Should we be expecting Panamera levels of performance for the price? Better? Worse?

Reactions: Dee

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Pad_J1 - Do you know what is the difference between the Turbo and the Turbo S models? More range/bigger battery, faster, different colors or higher amenities/interior appointments? My main interest is in the highest trim level and most battery range.

Any idea when the Turbo S model will be available?
or maybe even some body variation?

Reactions: Ron

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
Country flag
I sure hope it does not look like the electric Panamera above! I think a lot of deposits will be returned. It will be a Big Mistake for Porsche if the Taycan does not look like the "E". I like the look of the "E" and Porsche keeps marketing the "E" pictures as late as last week.

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
Here´s some personal opinions and i mean no offense/disrespect to anywhone here in the forum!

1 - Porsche never said that the suicide doors would make it to production! Actually they said that it wouldnt make in to production and that the design would have be toned down a little bit because of safety/car regulations!

2 - A fellow forum user talked about the Mission E big rims! Not even Land Rover uses 24" rims in their big SUV´s and you´re expecting that a sedan will use 24"? Iin 2019"? Go aftermarket if bling big rims is so important!!!

3 - Cant talk about Dealers around the World but Porsche Portugal isnt marketing the Taycan as a Mission E!

4 - Please dont give me the LRX Concept/Range Rover Evoque Card! Land Rover came up with a great design (who followed safety/car regulations) and was smart/clever enough to announce/present a concept "who may go in to production" based on a car who´s production design was already finished and was already being tested under a Freelander Body!

5 - As user AlphaG said "I see a beautiful production car based on the Mission-E concept(...)"

Here´s some comparison photos!!! I think that the Taycan will turn (as far as exterior design goes) true to the Mission E!!!

Porsche Taycan Taycan Q&A porsche-normal
Porsche Taycan Taycan Q&A 07_14 (1)
Porsche Taycan Taycan Q&A Cli
Porsche Taycan Taycan Q&A Cli
Porsche Taycan Taycan Q&A 13_10

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Here´s some personal opinions and i mean no offense/disrespect to anywhone here in the forum!

2 - A fellow forum user talked about the Mission E big rims! Not even Land Rover uses 24" rims in their big SUV´s and you´re expecting that a sedan will use 24"? Iin 2019"? Go aftermarket if bling big rims is so important!!!

…………….
Think you are referring to my post here but also think you misunderstood it. I think the Mission E sits on 24" rims as a concept car and NO nore do I expect nor want the Taycan to sit on 24" rims since it would be close to impossible to get tires for such rims and if possible they would cost more than the car itself :)

No, only hoping that the rear wheels will be a measure larger than the front wheels as on the mission e AND more importantly as on the 992...….! This would give the Taycan a more aggressive stance as it's concept DNA... that was all. No bling bling for me thanks :)

Reactions: Ron

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
No, only hoping that the rear wheels will be a measure larger than the front wheels as on the mission e AND more importantly as on the 992...….! This would give the Taycan a more aggressive stance as it's concept DNA... that was all. No bling bling for me thanks :)
There's a whole world of aftermarket wheels out there, sir.
Sponsored