Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello,
in Germany, some dealers have 4S slots for delivery in January. I bought one on Thursday and got a January delivery date from the logistics disposition crew. Funnily, the car may arrive before the "official unwrap event" in our city, which is scheduled for January 16th.
Cheers.
Sponsored

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Today I got my allocation, february week 7 , I will get my Taycan Turbo in the end of March..

Last edited:

Penners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery 5
Country flag
I’m heading in to my dealer on Friday; planning on ordering 4S and paying full deposit to confirm a build slot (dealer has advised that’s £3k in UK - had only had to pay £1k in January to go on wait list)....... will be interesting to see what the build slot will be, I don’t want to take delivery until April anyway....

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
Got my allocation yesterday. Taycan Turbo December build, January delivery.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer contacted me today and advised that he has an Allocation Slot for me NOW, with a Lock Date of 11-Nov-2019. I am finalizing my configuration for my 4S and will discuss with my sales person tomorrow. No delivery date, but I view this as much more promising than I originally thought! Can't wait!!!

Toby

Penners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery 5
Country flag
So I’ve specced and paid full deposit for a 4s; my centre said they still don’t know how many cars they’ll get allocated (I’m the 15th confirmed order on the 4S list) - they also don’t think they’ll have a car in the showroom until January......

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Now the dealer wants 10% of the
Taycans price on advance. All customers with out exceptions..

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
OK....Sweden.
I guess I would not be at all surprised at 10%......at least with placement of a spec'd final order in a confirmed allocation slot.....but over here it could vary from dealer to dealer.
Maybe Toby will circle back after his day at the dealership.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Is that Porsche Sweden talking or just the dealer where you are...?

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
So, my salesperson has entered my order. It will lock on the 11th. No idea on Delivery dates as yet. The dealer is still scheduled to get 3-4 not-for-sale Taycans (Turbo, Turbo S, 4S and ?) sometime this month, so I'll drive one before I take delivery. I'll see if my dealer has any idea about delivery timeframes. I'll post updates as I get more info.

I did not go (too) crazy on my build. Stayed away from any of the Sport Design stuff other than the mirro base and the painted "Taycan 4S" logo on the rear bumper cover. I did go for the Aero Turbo wheels. I sure hope they look like what the configurator shows! The only way you can "build" a 4S here in the States is with the higher kW/h battery pack and the Fixed Panoramic Roof. I alsp spec'ed the Passenger Display and the PDLS+ with Glacier Blue lights. Metallic Carrara White. I'm hoping that it's such a basic build that it doesn't create waves in the Porsche logistics systems. We'll see.

More to come.....

Toby

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
My dealer in NJ is dead silent :(( Sent him build week ago and still no news at all

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Btw just spotted about only performance battery in US, it previously wasn’t there.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Is that Porsche Sweden talking or just the dealer where you are...?
Don’t know but this is the biggest dealer in Sweden owns half of every Porsche Center in Sweden. I have bought five cars from them no advance before.. 911 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo, Panamera Turbo, Macan Turbo, Panamera Sport Turismo E-Hybrid..

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
So I’ve specced and paid full deposit for a 4s; my centre said they still don’t know how many cars they’ll get allocated (I’m the 15th confirmed order on the 4S list) - they also don’t think they’ll have a car in the showroom until January......
I dont think any dealership in Europe will have cars in the showroom until January. Porsche needs to register as many EV's as possible from 1st January. This is because due to the emission penalties starting next year. Unfortunately the penalty thing seems to have caused a rushed launch and production start

It has led to us early adopters missing out on quite a few things, 22 kW onboard charger, head up display, color choices, wheel choices to name a few. They are also not able to supply the standard charge cable that's part of the standard equipment. The solution to the cable problem was to force us to spec an unnecessarily fancy cable at an extortionate price, I'm not impressed.
Sponsored

Last edited: