Taycans spotted in the wild

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Indeed, but I've found an even better angle (credit to Paulo's link)

Not gonna lie, I can (and do) spend several hours a day just looking at this car and just how beautiful it is. The Taycan might be more expensive than a Model S and have less range, but this is a car you lust after, you desire with all your heart, this is desirable in a way that the Tesla Model S will never be. I talked with my GP about this and the Model S, he thinks the Model S looks like a Mondeo. He and I both think Taycan looks like a 911 - in fact, because of the rear deck I actually think the rear looks better than a 911

Porsche Taycan Taycans spotted in the wild S19_4946_fine

thorfun

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Indeed, but I've found an even better angle (credit to Paulo's link)

Not gonna lie, I can (and do) spend several hours a day just looking at this car and just how beautiful it is. The Taycan might be more expensive than a Model S and have less range, but this is a car you lust after, you desire with all your heart, this is desirable in a way that the Tesla Model S will never be. I talked with my GP about this and the Model S, he thinks the Model S looks like a Mondeo. He and I both think Taycan looks like a 911 - in fact, because of the rear deck I actually think the rear looks better than a 911

S19_4946_fine.jpg
+1

(and those lights at the front! omg! so stunning.)

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Exactly.
In some vids, when the Taycan drives away into a corner, the back surely looks like a 911.
From the front, dito, and with the recognizable front lights and vents, you realize it's a Taycan.
From the sides, it's unique but still recognizable as a Porsche.
That's some pretty good design, especially the proportions are so good and in total harmony.
Now I understand what PAG_J1 meant when he said it looks more like a 911 than a Panamera.
Just wow.
What an achievement.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Exactly.
In some vids, when the Taycan drives away into a corner, the back surely looks like a 911.
From the front, dito, and with the recognizable front lights and vents, you realize it's a Taycan.
From the sides, it's unique but still recognizable as a Porsche.
That's some pretty good design, especially the proportions are so good and in total harmony.
Now I understand what PAG_J1 meant when he said it looks more like a 911 than a Panamera.
Just wow.
What an achievement.
Actually, the front profile (esp front 3/4 view) looks almost indistinguishable from a 911 - especially as the haunches flow very neatly into the rear deck (which if memory serves me right-no other Porsche has a horizontal rear deck like that-they've all been fastbacks) - no mean feat given that I consider this a 5-series sized car - it's longer and wider than the BMW 5-series, Merc E class, Audi A6 and Jaguar XF (Porsche calls it C-Segment, I think because of interior volume, but still)

Reactions: Dee

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Looks like Porsche's initial Taycan sketch wasn't an exaggeration after all - being a sketch, I was worried they were taking creative licence. Glad to see just how wrong I was :D

Porsche Taycan Taycans spotted in the wild imagetaycan

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Did someone order a Porsche supercar?

Thing that amazes me so much is that this car embodies Porsche - the best of Porsche - with its form and the way it drives. I can't think of another Porsche - except the 911 maybe - that is more of a true Porsche than this is

Porsche Taycan Taycans spotted in the wild imagetayca

thorfun

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Did someone order a Porsche supercar?

Thing that amazes me so much is that this car embodies Porsche - the best of Porsche - with its form and the way it drives. I can't think of another Porsche - except the 911 maybe - that is more of a true Porsche than this is

imagetaycan.png
I'm really liking that Dolomite Silver. I normally get my cars in black but I think that this time I'll try and be a bit braver!

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
I was driving toward Half Moon Bay (in California) earlier today and would swear on a bible I saw a Taycan driving on the opposite side of the road. When it passed me, I swung my head around so fast to see the rear. It was silver.

I didn't think they were already available here in the US. Have people already started taking delivery?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I was driving toward Half Moon Bay (in California) earlier today and would swear on a bible I saw a Taycan driving on the opposite side of the road. When it passed me, I swung my head around so fast to see the rear. It was silver.

I didn't think they were already available here in the US. Have people already started taking delivery?
Nope, probably a production car used for review.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Nope, probably a production car used for review.
I will say this: it was simply beautiful.

People have said on this site that the car is better in real life. Even though it was a passing glimpse, I see what they mean. Man, now I want one more than ever! I had to fill up my car yesterday...it requires premium gasoline. Here is the cost per gallon at my local stations.

I need to pick up an EV ASAP!

Porsche Taycan Taycans spotted in the wild 20191005_114233
Sponsored