Why are Taycan Colors so wrong on the Porsche Website

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by TaycanNut, Sep 13, 2019 at 4:30 PM.

1. TaycanNut

TaycanNut New Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicles:
    Ferrari California
    Is it just me, or are we getting different colors for the Taycan here in the USA?

When I try to configure my Taycan on the Porsche website, and I pick the only red option, it comes up as a dark ugly red vs. what I see on stage at the Frankfurt Auto Show.

Some of the other colors on the Configuration page appear to be so far off no one would ever order them.

WebsiteTaycanRed.jpg

PorscheTaycanFrankfurtShow8.jpg

Penners likes this.
  2. PanameraFrank

PanameraFrank Member

First Name:
    Frank
    Vehicles:
    2017 Panamera Turbo
    Porsche's configurator is the worst at properly displaying colors. It's honestly atrocious.

3. Toby Pennycuff

First Name:
    Toby
    Vehicles:
    Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, on list for Taycan
    I would hazard a guess that you are looking at 2 different colors - Carmine Red (GTS Red, Arena Red) on the configurator and Guards Red on the car on the show stand. They are indeed very different colors. I don't think Guards Red is a color option yet. Perhaps only on Special Wishes cars?

4. AlphaG

AlphaG Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
    That’s not a dark ugly red.

5. Friedrich

Friedrich Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Friedrich
    Vehicles:
    Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
    Commercial Real Estate Landlord
    Thats just personal taste. For me the darker read is beautiful, that light red is not attractive at all, The light red is the only color I have seen the Porsche that I do not like. But its just personal preference. I am tired of seeing 75% of all Porsches black, grey, silver or white, although I am leaning to the white.....:CWL:

And I agree the color configurator seems terrible. The white doesn't even look like white. It looks like an off white. At first I thought it was my computer ( a brand new apple mac), but then it was the same in my office computer, just slightly off white.

But the Taycan really is beautiful! Great design after months of the mules being trashed on this forum. Yes, a bit more conservative than some Mission E enthusiasts wanted, but really looks great, especially to people that have not really been paying attention to the Mission E and see the Taycan for the first time....such as some of my personal friends that I showed photos to.

charliemathilde likes this.