TaycanNut

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari California
Country flag
Is it just me, or are we getting different colors for the Taycan here in the USA?

When I try to configure my Taycan on the Porsche website, and I pick the only red option, it comes up as a dark ugly red vs. what I see on stage at the Frankfurt Auto Show.

Some of the other colors on the Configuration page appear to be so far off no one would ever order them.

Porsche Taycan Why are Taycan Colors so wrong on the Porsche Website WebsiteTaycanRed

Porsche Taycan Why are Taycan Colors so wrong on the Porsche Website PorscheTaycanFrankfurtShow8

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche's configurator is the worst at properly displaying colors. It's honestly atrocious.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would hazard a guess that you are looking at 2 different colors - Carmine Red (GTS Red, Arena Red) on the configurator and Guards Red on the car on the show stand. They are indeed very different colors. I don't think Guards Red is a color option yet. Perhaps only on Special Wishes cars?

AlphaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
Country flag
Is it just me, or are we getting different colors for the Taycan here in the USA?

When I try to configure my Taycan on the Porsche website, and I pick the only red option, it comes up as a dark ugly red vs. what I see on stage at the Frankfurt Auto Show.

Some of the other colors on the Configuration page appear to be so far off no one would ever order them.

WebsiteTaycanRed.jpg

PorscheTaycanFrankfurtShow8.jpg
That’s not a dark ugly red.

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag

WebsiteTaycanRed.jpg

PorscheTaycanFrankfurtShow8.jpg
Thats just personal taste. For me the darker read is beautiful, that light red is not attractive at all, The light red is the only color I have seen the Porsche that I do not like. But its just personal preference. I am tired of seeing 75% of all Porsches black, grey, silver or white, although I am leaning to the white.....:CWL:

And I agree the color configurator seems terrible. The white doesn't even look like white. It looks like an off white. At first I thought it was my computer ( a brand new apple mac), but then it was the same in my office computer, just slightly off white.

But the Taycan really is beautiful! Great design after months of the mules being trashed on this forum. Yes, a bit more conservative than some Mission E enthusiasts wanted, but really looks great, especially to people that have not really been paying attention to the Mission E and see the Taycan for the first time....such as some of my personal friends that I showed photos to.

Cone

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross turismo. Cayenne E-hibryd. Boxter
Country flag
I wonder if GT Silver metallic will be a special color for Taycan

OP
OP

TaycanNut

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari California
Country flag
I hear the Taycan at the Frankfurt show was Guards Red, not Carmine Red. Not sure why they would present it that way, unless Guards Red will be available in Germany/Europe, but not North America

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
It was Carmin but with all the lights on it it just popped off the floor! If you gave it a bit of a shadow the deep Carmin color came back. And no guards red is not available in Europe either....at least not for now.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Dont think so but ice grey mettalic
Has anyone got any idea what Ice Grey Metallic will look like as Dolomite Silver is more "blue silver" and nothing like what it shows on the configurator.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
The colors are way off, I am so glad I saw real pictures of the Mamba Green and frozen blue before I got mine. They are great colors in person but not for me, but on the configurator on a calibrated screen they looked NOTHING like the real color. And I am accounting for the fact that pictures are exactly real life but this was pretty bad imo.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I didn't like the red when I saw it on the website but REALLY liked it when I saw it in person at the dealer - much brighter than it appears on the configurator.

Porsche Taycan Why are Taycan Colors so wrong on the Porsche Website IMG_3770.JPG

still not as bright as Guards Red though.

Porsche need to sell little Taycan Die-cast models painted in the correct colours for £50 or something as colour swatches you could order from their website. They'd make a fortune! I'd have bought four by now already!

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I didn't like the red when I saw it on the website but REALLY liked it when I saw it in person at the dealer - much brighter than it appears on the configurator.

IMG_3770.JPG

still not as bright as Guards Red though.

Porsche need to sell little Taycan Die-cast models painted in the correct colours for £50 or something as colour swatches you could order from their website. They'd make a fortune! I'd have bought four by now already!
That looks like my brothers 4S waiting collection @ Silverstone! I agree though, the red is lovely in person.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think part of the problem with the render is that the car is placed under a building that shades some of the car. In addition there are some dark trees in the background that reflects weirdly in the car. If you switch to 3D and make the camera angle look down at the car from above, it seems that the colours are a little more representable.

I just wish they would just have a few different environments for the car, so you could judge how the paint would look in different light and different surroundings. It is a render after all and if you can do this stuff in computer games, a car that stands still should be pretty easy to do.
Sponsored