ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also heard from my local dealership that updates that effect driving will require a service visit, at least at first. UI and Infotainment updates will be pushed OTA. Porsche will be conservative IMHO, but also I would be surprised to see more than 3 updates per year requiring a visit.
Sponsored

cyberay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Benz S 550 coupe, Porsche 911T, Ford F150
Country flag
By the way, Don stopped by my house for coffee this morning. He is beginning his way back to Maine. We had a very nice visit and interesting conversation. A good guy for sure. The car looks great for what it's been doing the last 6 weeks. Both the front bumper cover and the windshield looked to be in great condition. A wash and coat of wax and it'll look like new again. Take care Don, and thanks for stopping by.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
I also heard from my local dealership that updates that effect driving will require a service visit, at least at first. UI and Infotainment updates will be pushed OTA. Porsche will be conservative IMHO, but also I would be surprised to see more than 3 updates per year requiring a visit.
That would really surprise me if it was only three a year but I sure hope you are right but only time will tell. Appreciate your resonse.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
By the way, Don stopped by my house for coffee this morning. He is beginning his way back to Maine. We had a very nice visit and interesting conversation. A good guy for sure. The car looks great for what it's been doing the last 6 weeks. Both the front bumper cover and the windshield looked to be in great condition. A wash and coat of wax and it'll look like new again. Take care Don, and thanks for stopping by.
Nice - I was hoping he would stop here in Naples but glad you got to visit with him....sounds like a neat guy. When do you expect your car?

cyberay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That would really surprise me if it was only three a year but I sure hope you are right but only time will tell. Appreciate your resonse.
Champion in Pompano Beach will come and flatbed your car to the dealership. They have 3 flatbed trucks they keep busy doing that. All free.
Maybe if you mention that to your dealer they will come with a loaner and drive yours back.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Champion in Pompano Beach will come and flatbed your car to the dealership. They have 3 flatbed trucks they keep busy doing that. All free.
Maybe if you mention that to your dealer they will come with a loaner and drive yours back.
We have a new owner of the dealership here and they give me a car when I take in the Cayenne but I have never asked them to flatbed back and forth. I am sure the "drivers" who pick up the Taycan's for service will really have a thrill ride back to the dealership. I know Champion because my parents used to be in Pompano Beach many many years ago and have fond memories of the wild drivers on 95 and the Turnpike.
Have a sister in Parkland and got power on the way for the Tesla right off of 75 in a shopping center with a TwoGuys Deli.

cyberay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice - I was hoping he would stop here in Naples but glad you got to visit with him....sounds like a neat guy. When do you expect your car?
Nice as it is, the Taycan is not for me. As I told Don, an electric Porsche is definitely in my future, but it will have to be the Macan when it becomes available. I'm still attached to the 911 and the Taycan would be too close to that car. The Macan could be a replacement for the F150 when carrying smaller things. The F150 could be retired to infrequent use. I live in the country and often have to carry large, dirty, heavy things like pumps, electric motors, etc. I know, first world problems.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice as it is, the Taycan is not for me. As I told Don, an electric Porsche is definitely in my future, but it will have to be the Macan when it becomes available. I'm still attached to the 911 and the Taycan would be too close to that car. The Macan could be a replacement for the F150 when carrying smaller things. The F150 could be retired to infrequent use. I live in the country and often have to carry large, dirty, heavy things like pumps, electric motors, etc. I know, first world problems.
Understand....I sold my Aston Martin wanted something different and got the TESLA but after three years got tired of it and was dissapointed in the fit and finish. One last question....did you like the TAYCAN and was he still in love with the car ?

cyberay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We have a new owner of the dealership here and they give me a car when I take in the Cayenne but I have never asked them to flatbed back and forth. I am sure the "drivers" who pick up the Taycan's for service will really have a thrill ride back to the dealership. I know Champion because my parents used to be in Pompano Beach many many years ago and have fond memories of the wild drivers on 95 and the Turnpike.
Have a sister in Parkland and got power on the way for the Tesla right off of 75 in a shopping center with a TwoGuys Deli.
Yeah, it's probably even worse now. About the only time I go there anymore is to pick up a new car every few years.

cyberay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Understand....I sold my Aston Martin wanted something different and got the TESLA but after three years got tired of it and was dissapointed in the fit and finish. One last question....did you like the TAYCAN and was he still in love with the car ?
I love the way the Taycan drives. Quiet and solid, powerful and docile. Personally, the only real bitch I have with the car is that now that I am older (a lot older), and even though I'm just 5'11 and 150 lbs, I find it harder to get in and out of sports cars. I found the B pillar on the Taycan to impede ingress and egress by obstructing the opening that I have to fit through. The 911 sans B pillar, for me, is much easier to get into and out of.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I love the way the Taycan drives. Quiet and solid, powerful and docile. Personally, the only real bitch I have with the car is that now that I am older (a lot older), and even though I'm just 5'11 and 150 lbs, I find it harder to get in and out of sports cars. I found the B pillar on the Taycan to impede ingress and egress by obstructing the opening that I have to fit through. The 911 sans B pillar, for me, is much easier to get into and out of.
Very interesting since I am 5'8" and 145 lbs and got in and out of the Taycan demo over here and was having the same problem. In fact, I had second thoughts about taking delivery because the back seat was so small as well and some of our friends would have trouble with that small entrance as well. Delivery for me is in April so I am going to gamble and hope it works out at least for me and my wife. We can always use the SUV when we have to pick up friends for dinner,etc. Thanks for much for the chat.......

cyberay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very interesting since I am 5'8" and 145 lbs and got in and out of the Taycan demo over here and was having the same problem. In fact, I had second thoughts about taking delivery because the back seat was so small as well and some of our friends would have trouble with that small entrance as well. Delivery for me is in April so I am going to gamble and hope it works out at least for me and my wife. We can always use the SUV when we have to pick up friends for dinner,etc. Thanks for much for the chat.......
You're welcome! I wish you well with the new car. It's likely that once you get used to the car, maybe set the seat at a higher setting, you'll find ways to gracefully enter and exit. I think I'm just spoiled by my larger vehicles, and the generous access of the 911. In any event, the Taycan is so nice that it's worth a little inconvenience.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You're welcome! I wish you well with the new car. It's likely that once you get used to the car, maybe set the seat at a higher setting, you'll find ways to gracefully enter and exit. I think I'm just spoiled by my larger vehicles, and the generous access of the 911. In any event, the Taycan is so nice that it's worth a little inconvenience.
Good thoughts and positive attitude will work. Take care.....

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Our house is open but my car now not here till 4/24.
Love your pics and comments- have a safe trip back to Maine. If you are crossing Alligator Alley, you can recharge at my house just 5 minutes off 75.

Ron
Sorry, Naples wasn’t on the list this trip. I ended up on the other coast. Maybe a future trip.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry, Naples wasn’t on the list this trip. I ended up on the other coast. Maybe a future trip.
You are welcome anytime! Fascinating watching you do the loop in the Taycan. Will send you pics when mine arrives! Be safe and keep us up to date going north.
Ron
Sponsored