Members Say Hello Here!

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
It is just ridiculous isn’t it? Ordered beginning of October and after 5 confirmed delivery dates still not here. Now no one knows where it is and when it will come as picked for quality check apparently. Have read on here horror stories of waiting up to 6 months. If dealer does not call today I am cancelling
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Yeah, it's frustrating waiting. Covid-19 has definitely caused a lot of problems, this one being a problem that' is 1st world one so I'm not getting annoyed about it. Car will come when it comes.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, it's frustrating waiting. Covid-19 has definitely caused a lot of problems, this one being a problem that' is 1st world one so I'm not getting annoyed about it. Car will come when it comes.
Is yours stuck at Grimsby also for a quality check? How long has it been there?

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
It is just ridiculous isn’t it? Ordered beginning of October and after 5 confirmed delivery dates still not here. Now no one knows where it is and when it will come as picked for quality check apparently. Have read on here horror stories of waiting up to 6 months. If dealer does not call today I am cancelling
Given some of the reported issues (e.g. 12v battery), it is probably a good thing the car is going through a thorough quality check. Hopefully they will check everything and ensure you have a well-functioning car with all of the updates applied. Just trying to find a silver lining :). The wait must be excruciating. I am still waiting for an allocation - placed deposit in September.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Given some of the reported issues (e.g. 12v battery), it is probably a good thing the car is going through a thorough quality check. Hopefully they will check everything and ensure you have a well-functioning car with all of the updates applied. Just trying to find a silver lining :). The wait must be excruciating. I am still waiting for an allocation - placed deposit in September.
Thanks yes but there is no silver lining left after 5 promised delivery dates. Just writing to the dealer now to cancel and am going to spend a few days searching for one in stock somewhere. Porsche have failed their customers miserably

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure if it’s quality check. I believe it’s just 1000’s of cars editing to be transported.
CANCELLED- hate doing it but I just cannot accept the lack of response or interest from Porsche any longer and have lost all enthusiasm for the car.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
CANCELLED- hate doing it but I just cannot accept the lack of response or interest from Porsche any longer and have lost all enthusiasm for the car.
Sad to hear it, but fully understandable. You would all the time have been nervous about what could go wrong with that car.

And I agree with you, the total lack of communication from Porsche and the dealer is just unbelievable. I think Porsche have become far too arrogant.

Good luck in your search for something else!

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Hi there,
My partner and I own a Bentley Continental V8 and a Panamera Hybrid.
I'm ordering a Taycan this week and it will be my third Porsche. Still in a bit of a confusion wether I should order a high spec 4s or a low spec Turbo though! Hopefully whichever I order will be with us before the end of the year!
I had a similar dilemma. I originally ordered a low spec Turbo, but after reading a lot of reviews and watching a lot of YouTube I changed my mind and ordered a high spec 4S. I ended up selecting pretty much all of the luxury and performance options, many of which seem to be 'must have' items to the folks here, and from all I've read there's little difference in real-world usability between the 4S and Turbo at anything resembling legal road driving. Even after checking all the 4S boxes I still managed to save a decent pile of money over the Turbo too.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I had a similar dilemma. I originally ordered a low spec Turbo, but after reading a lot of reviews and watching a lot of YouTube I changed my mind and ordered a high spec 4S. I ended up selecting pretty much all of the luxury and performance options, many of which seem to be 'must have' items to the folks here, and from all I've read there's little difference in real-world usability between the 4S and Turbo at anything resembling legal road driving. Even after checking all the 4S boxes I still managed to save a decent pile of money over the Turbo too.
Really smart. My 4S+ will still have all the time more power than my MS90D, so that will be more than enough for my DD.

taycan4s_nl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Hi all,

Sorry for my late introduction, was a leecher on this forum for a couple of months... ;)
Already posted this introduction briefly on the topic 'taycan waiting room...' so sorry for the duplicate post.

Anyway, I'm waiting for delivery of my 4s volcano gray fully specced.
Dealer called me last week that the car has been build and that I could expect delivery this month. In the meantime I received an email from Porsche that the VIN number is assocated to my Porsche ID.

Looking forward to collect the car, I was really amazed by the driving of the demo I took for a spin, handling is awesome in the 4s.

Drove a 991.1 GT3 for 1,5 year, drove several Audi RS models (including the loud v10) and considerd myself as a real petrolhead, but still made the switch without any regret to an electric ;)

Will share pics of delivery soon!
In the meantime I'll follow others on their journey collecting it and issues they ran into.
I'm aware of the software issues reported by others on this forum but hey, I'm an IT dude so I know how these things work and accept that I'm the beta tester on this awesome car.

This isn't my first Porsche nor is it the first VAG car, I've seen it all, navi/online system issues seems to be part of the VAG products...

Cheers

pod1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello all
I am new to Porsche and EV and have so much to learn. I have been following most of the forum articles especially Lou's cross country expedition.

I joined the forum to share some of the problems I encountered and to help Porsche improve on a great product.