J8DCV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3; Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just got notification from my dealer that mine has arrived at Sheerness, with next stop Reading for collection - he’s being very coy as to an expected arrival date (in order to not disappoint im sure, which I fully understand and appreciate) - however from everyone’s experience how long does it typically take to be available for collection once it’s arrived at the local port?
Sponsored

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
For me:

CP8 23/10/20
Emden 02/11/20
Dealership 09/11/20

And told basically ready for collection once PDI is complete, car is already registered, so just need to transfer the remaining balance.

I've planned for it to get transported for PPF next week though :)

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Just got notification from my dealer that mine has arrived at Sheerness, with next stop Reading for collection - he’s being very coy as to an expected arrival date (in order to not disappoint im sure, which I fully understand and appreciate) - however from everyone’s experience how long does it typically take to be available for collection once it’s arrived at the local port?
Who is your sales rep. I picked mine up from Reading two weeks ago and my rep was similar but actually beat all his predicted timelines.

from Sheerness it was in Reading in less than 7 days and the PDI prep took another few days, a bit longer as I had some additional prep and PPF track pack applied...

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@Swiffywagbags
Looks SUPER, many congrats and can't wait to see the inaugural photos
Well done, much health and happiness with your new toy

My OPC has sent over some images of my car in the workshop currently being PDI'd. Collect at 5pm tomorrow and cannot wait.

I am pleased with how it looks
Image.jpeg
Image (2).jpeg
from what I can tell in the photos :)

J8DCV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3; Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Who is your sales rep. I picked mine up from Reading two weeks ago and my rep was similar but actually beat all his predicted timelines.

from Sheerness it was in Reading in less than 7 days and the PDI prep took another few days, a bit longer as I had some additional prep and PPF track pack applied...
I’ve been dealing with Akin, he’s actually been great. As I mentioned in a previous post, my experience with Reading in the past has been pretty dire but thought I’d give them another go as most local to me. Sales manager who has been there a while has also been good throughout to be fair, just think I had a bad sales rep before (who I think has moved on since).

ok great, thank you everyone for your timelines, really helps! Seems like I might get it a couple days early in that case (hopefully!)

Last edited:

OP
OP
Swiffywagbags

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
@Swiffywagbags
Looks SUPER, many congrats and can't wait to see the inaugural photos
Well done, much health and happiness with your new toy
Thank you so much. I am very excited to collect tomorrow evening :)

I have to say looking at your recent post though I kind of wish I had taken the plunge and gone with crayon. It was so difficult making a choice without seeing one in the flesh.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I’ve been dealing with Akin, he’s actually been great. As I mentioned in a previous post, my experience with Reading in the past has been pretty dire but thought I’d give them another go as most local to me. Sales manager who has been there a while has also been good throughout to be fair, just think I had a bad sales rep before (who I think has moved on since).

ok great, thank you everyone for your timelines, really helps! Seems like I might get it a couple days early in that case (hopefully!)
Ah ok, don’t know him. The good news is that Reading get daily deliveries and from what I understand, by 16:30 every day the transportation team at Reading know what’s coming in by transporter the following morning...

Good luck, it does not sound like you have long to wait now...

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Swiffywagbags
Totally understand the difficulty
I think you will be very pleased with the white
Every time I see the white at the dealer I stand and drool

Thank you so much. I am very excited to collect tomorrow evening :)

I have to say looking at your recent post though I kind of wish I had taken the plunge and gone with crayon. It was so difficult making a choice without seeing one in the flesh.

OP
OP
Swiffywagbags

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
@Swiffywagbags
Totally understand the difficulty
I think you will be very pleased with the white
Every time I see the white at the dealer I stand and drool
Thanks, Im sure I will be. To be honest I think we can safely say whatever colour they look fantastic and we are all extremely fortunate to be such a position to be taking delivery of these machines in the current global situation. :)

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Swiffywagbags
SO TRUE

Thanks, Im sure I will be. To be honest I think we can safely say whatever colour they look fantastic and we are all extremely fortunate to be such a position to be taking delivery of these machines in the current global situation. :)

ChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NSX and A1
Country flag
Collecting my car from Cambridge Porsche on Friday.
The thirteenth!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Collecting my car from Cambridge Porsche on Friday.
The thirteenth!
Good luck!

when I lived in the U.K. that Porsche centre was the worst of them all. Absolutely useless for sales and service.

Hope they have improved!

ChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NSX and A1
Country flag
Good luck!

when I lived in the U.K. that Porsche centre was the worst of them all. Absolutely useless for sales and service.

Hope they have improved!
I bought a 911 turbo from them back in 2007 and they were ok then!

OP
OP
Swiffywagbags

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A few from the big day yesterday...
Porsche Taycan It's at the dealers, collecting tomorrow 0e9e599b-2be4-4ff9-a855-362e747b4f33.JPG
Porsche Taycan It's at the dealers, collecting tomorrow 0e9e599b-2be4-4ff9-a855-362e747b4f33.JPG
Porsche Taycan It's at the dealers, collecting tomorrow 83f61f5e-aedb-445f-b342-d698f1dff0be.JPG
Porsche Taycan It's at the dealers, collecting tomorrow 094bf93c-d440-47d0-8351-c72840af4125.JPG
Porsche Taycan It's at the dealers, collecting tomorrow b7aeabad-f705-44f1-9bc8-bac988b04907.JPG
Porsche Taycan It's at the dealers, collecting tomorrow bfe03f03-358f-4fe2-866f-65eb18ef99b9.JPG
Porsche Taycan It's at the dealers, collecting tomorrow IMG_6518
Porsche Taycan It's at the dealers, collecting tomorrow IMG_6522
Porsche Taycan It's at the dealers, collecting tomorrow IMG_6527
Porsche Taycan It's at the dealers, collecting tomorrow IMG_6574
what an incredible machine. :)