EdwinT

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo, Porsche 356a T1
Country flag
The Pilot Sport all seasons are great. Very good grip in all conditions. The grip won’t be as good as the summer performance Pilot Sports (4S or Cup 2), but I feel it’s the best tire for my year round driving, without having to swap them during seasonal changes.

I have the OEM Pirelli P-Zeros available if anyone wants them. They are brand new with less than 100 miles on them. I’m in Greenwich, CT if anyone is interested in picking them up.

Here’s a video of the animation of the clear side markers. Instead of a standard blink, the light travels left to right (opposite on the passenger side of the car). No warning lights and fitment is good. Subtle mod, but I like it.

Thats a nice detail! I see the seller has the smoked version of these blinkers, suits the black edges of my CT. Would match with your all black too, but not allowed ?

how was the installation? Any instructions ?

D2G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, that looks pretty cool! Definitely unique and eye catching.

$7k is what I paid for my Xpel 8mil PPF, so your install sounds about right in terms of cost.

I wish my GTS had the carbon aero kit. Yours looks great. So you don’t think Stek or any other PPF or vinyl product will stick to the plastic?
I don't think PPF on those other plastic pieces will work. Plastic areas that are not completely smooth like a painted finish probably will not hold PPF in place for too long.

But if your installer also does vinyl work, like vinyl wraps or commercial vehicle vinyl, they likely should know more aggressive adhesive vinyl that could work.

D2G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
Polar993, regarding your spacers, do you have any more pictures showing the vehicle side view/offsets more directly?

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag
Polar993, regarding your spacers, do you have any more pictures showing the vehicle side view/offsets more directly?
This photo shows the spacers pretty well. The wheels/tires do not sit completely flush with the fender on both the front and rear. The wheels/tires are slightly inset by about 5mm. I think it looks good, and it doesn’t look overly aggressive.

Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_2709

D2G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
This photo shows the spacers pretty well. The wheels/tires do not sit completely flush with the fender on both the front and rear. The wheels/tires are slightly inset by about 5mm. I think it looks good, and it doesn’t look overly aggressive.

IMG_2709.jpeg
Thanks for posting this picture. Looks great for sure! I ordered this setup.

Draff1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan Cross Turismo 4S, ‘17 911 C4S, ‘23 SQ8
Country flag
My Taycan is very similar, although just a 4S. I just ordered the spacers and was wondering if you saw any impact to range with the wider rubber and stance?

Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_0459

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Taycan is very similar, although just a 4S. I just ordered the spacers and was wondering if you saw any impact to range with the wider rubber and stance?

IMG_0459.jpeg
I haven’t noticed any difference in range since performing my modifications.

Draff1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan Cross Turismo 4S, ‘17 911 C4S, ‘23 SQ8
Country flag
The Pilot Sport all seasons are great. Very good grip in all conditions. The grip won’t be as good as the summer performance Pilot Sports (4S or Cup 2), but I feel it’s the best tire for my year round driving, without having to swap them during seasonal changes.

I have the OEM Pirelli P-Zeros available if anyone wants them. They are brand new with less than 100 miles on them. I’m in Greenwich, CT if anyone is interested in picking them up.

Here’s a video of the animation of the clear side markers. Instead of a standard blink, the light travels left to right (opposite on the passenger side of the car). No warning lights and fitment is good. Subtle mod, but I like it.

I wanted to share my experience with you guys on these sequential side markers from iJDM Toy. Sorry for the slightly salty tone but I should have guessed from the name of the company but these do in fact feel more like a toy. They’re about 3/4 inch shorter than my clear Porsche OEM euro markers so they leave a strange unfinished misaligned fender well finish. The clear plastic is far less quality than OEM and they require a can-bus adapter pictured. Overall, IMO not for people expecting an OEM quality part. I’m going to attempt a return but I have low expectations here. At best I’m guessing they will ask me to pay return shipping for a $70 part. Maybe I’ll just chalk it up as a lesson re-learned on cheap E-bay parts.

Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods image

bwherry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST, '22 BMW iX xDrive50
Country flag
EDIT: what I was seeing is just the unpainted portion of the 21" RS Spyder wheels, NOT a spacer (as verified by Polar993). Original post is below, unchanged.

Well this is interesting. I ordered 15mm H&R spacers and Rennline extended bolts for my '23 GTS ST, since after measuring 15mm front & rear seemed right to get the flush fitment w/ the factory 21" RS Spyder wheels. The parts just arrived and I wanted to make sure the bolts are long enough, I compared the amount of protrusion through the spacer of one of the factory bolts and one of the longer bolts. Longer bolts should protrude 15mm more, right? Turns out it's only 11mm more. 🤔 But then I looked at the hubs of the car - and it looks like there might be ~5mm spacers on there already - from the factory! (see attached pics) It doesn't seem like that "star" shaped plate is part of the brake rotor. @Polar993 if and when you have a sec, can you check out the hubs on your car (and maybe share pics like these) and see if you have those too? I haven't jacked up the car and removed a wheel to know for sure, but it sure looks like those are spacers. So it's not that the extended bolts I got aren't long enough, but that the factory wheel bolts are probably too short (assuming they slip in the spacer and don't use longer bolts, 'cuz it's only 5mm and the German Porsche engineers probably calculated that with the amount of thread engagement they get it's plenty). So I wonder if I should add my 15mm spacers in addition to those factory ones, or get 20mm spacers and omit the factory ones. Hmm...

Brian

Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods 01_above_side

Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods 02_directly_above

Last edited:
OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well this is interesting. I ordered 15mm H&R spacers and Rennline extended bolts for my '23 GTS ST, since after measuring 15mm front & rear seemed right to get the flush fitment w/ the factory 21" RS Spyder wheels. The parts just arrived and I wanted to make sure the bolts are long enough, I compared the amount of protrusion through the spacer of one of the factory bolts and one of the longer bolts. Longer bolts should protrude 15mm more, right? Turns out it's only 11mm more. 🤔 But then I looked at the hubs of the car - and it looks like there might be ~5mm spacers on there already - from the factory! (see attached pics) It doesn't seem like that "star" shaped plate is part of the brake rotor. @Polar993 if and when you have a sec, can you check out the hubs on your car (and maybe share pics like these) and see if you have those too? I haven't jacked up the car and removed a wheel to know for sure, but it sure looks like those are spacers. So it's not that the extended bolts I got aren't long enough, but that the factory wheel bolts are probably too short (assuming they slip in the spacer and don't use longer bolts, 'cuz it's only 5mm and the German Porsche engineers probably calculated that with the amount of thread engagement they get it's plenty). So I wonder if I should add my 15mm spacers in addition to those factory ones, or get 20mm spacers and omit the factory ones. Hmm...

Brian

01_above_side.jpg

02_directly_above.jpg
The ST GTS definitely does not come from the factory with spacers. It looks like someone may have added that 5 mm spacer to your hub. Check out my photo of the hub immediately after I removed my wheels. This was when the car had less than 100 miles on it….no spacer in front or rear.

Generally 5 mm spacers do not require longer bolts as the factory bolts should be long enough. I personally would not go as aggressive as a total of 20mm…. I think it may push the wheels out a bit too far. I also would recommend against stacking two spacers together to achieve a desired width. There are plenty of options for spacers for the Taycan. Again, that’s just my personal opinion. I went with 12 mm upfront and 10 mm in the back, and I am quite happy with the look. It’s more aggressive than stock, but certainly not overly aggressive.

Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_1966

Last edited:

bwherry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST, '22 BMW iX xDrive50
Country flag
Thanks a bunch for the response, @Polar993 ! After seeing the photo you just shared and looking at the photos I took in more detail, it looks like the satin black paint on the RS Spyder wheels stops just before the mating surface (which has gaps where the wheel bolts aren't present) so that's what I was seeing - not a separate part. Phew! Thanks for the confirmation!

I think 15mm all around will be good for me. I still have the 305 rubber in back and stock ride height (no lowering links - not yet, anyway) and won't be driving in snow or anything out here in SoCal... I can always go with smaller ones if the 15mm seem like too much (or causes any rubbing) but on my last two cars I wished I had gone slightly more aggressive so this time I'll be erring on that side I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks again!

Brian

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wanted to share my experience with you guys on these sequential side markers from iJDM Toy. Sorry for the slightly salty tone but I should have guessed from the name of the company but these do in fact feel more like a toy. They’re about 3/4 inch shorter than my clear Porsche OEM euro markers so they leave a strange unfinished misaligned fender well finish. The clear plastic is far less quality than OEM and they require a can-bus adapter pictured. Overall, IMO not for people expecting an OEM quality part. I’m going to attempt a return but I have low expectations here. At best I’m guessing they will ask me to pay return shipping for a $70 part. Maybe I’ll just chalk it up as a lesson re-learned on cheap E-bay parts.

image.jpg
I am very sorry to hear of your bad experience with the clear indicators. The ones that I purchased are a perfect fit. See the photos below. I didn’t bother connecting the can-bus adapter, and no codes were thrown, not even after the initial restart. 2 months later, they still work fine, with no issues. Car has been washed several times and I have no issues with water or moisture forming on the inside of the housing.

The quality and fitment of the ones I received are very much equivalent to the OEM indicators. I have no issues having these on my brand new car, and I am very particular about aftermarket parts. You definitely did not get what I received. That really sucks!

Sorry again @Draff1. I feel somewhat responsible, having shared the link to the product I purchased on eBay. If the ones you received do not fit, you should absolutely be able to return them. I believe the seller had a 99% feedback rating with over 246k transactions. Pretty credible.
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_1926
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_1925
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_1924
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_1923

Last edited:
OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks a bunch for the response, @Polar993 ! After seeing the photo you just shared and looking at the photos I took in more detail, it looks like the satin black paint on the RS Spyder wheels stops just before the mating surface (which has gaps where the wheel bolts aren't present) so that's what I was seeing - not a separate part. Phew! Thanks for the confirmation!

I think 15mm all around will be good for me. I still have the 305 rubber in back and stock ride height (no lowering links - not yet, anyway) and won't be driving in snow or anything out here in SoCal... I can always go with smaller ones if the 15mm seem like too much (or causes any rubbing) but on my last two cars I wished I had gone slightly more aggressive so this time I'll be erring on that side I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks again!

Brian
Yeah, your second photo shows the gray unpainted part of the wheel. Post some pics when you have the spacers installed!