Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag
I’ve had the car for a little over a month and so far I’ve installed FVD lowering links to drop the car about 13mm, I installed 12mm (front) and 10mm (rear) spacers, changed the tires to Michelin Pilot Sport All Season (315/30-21 in the rear), changed the side marker lights to clear with animation, and had the full car PPF’d with Xpel 8mm with ceramic coating.

I also installed the Nine-Volt wireless charger, and a mirror tap for my radar detector.

550 miles on the odometer, and love the car so far! Not worrying about resale value just yet!

Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_2733
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_2734
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_2736
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_2737
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_2738

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
are you concerned with bottoming out? I found using the car's presets for chassis height that I was bottoming out so often on "lower" that I have to keep the car raised above its lowest setting. And the feature to store and remember hazardous inclines in my neighborhood doesn't guarantee that it will raise the chassis in time to avoid it scratching the underside.

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
are you concerned with bottoming out? I found using the car's presets for chassis height that I was bottoming out so often on "lower" that I have to keep the car raised above its lowest setting. And the feature to store and remember hazardous inclines in my neighborhood doesn't guarantee that it will raise the chassis in time to avoid it scratching the underside.
I have a few cars that are lowered, including a 720s and a 993, so I’m pretty used to being careful not to scrape the front end, or bottom out. The street that I live on actually has pretty large speed bumps. I drive in Normal mode on my street, with the ride height at Regular. I have not scraped, and have no issues.

The only thing that worries me is driving on the highway, when the car automatically lowers to the Low setting, and it cannot be raised up at all. I fear that if I have a full car with 3 people in the backseat, and I hit a big dip in the road, that I may bottom out. If that does happen, it would be more of the tires rubbing in the wheel well, not that bottom of the car scraping the ground. The car is only lowered by about 13mm, so not a huge drop.

I like the way it looks. Hope you guys like it as well.

Bakerman911

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991 Targa, Porsche Taycan St, Mini JCW cab
Country flag
:clap::clap::clap: Very nice car!!!

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Looks great.

What are "side marker lights with animation"?

And how are the all season Pilot Sports?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks great.

What are "side marker lights with animation"?

And how are the all season Pilot Sports?
The Pilot Sport all seasons are great. Very good grip in all conditions. The grip won’t be as good as the summer performance Pilot Sports (4S or Cup 2), but I feel it’s the best tire for my year round driving, without having to swap them during seasonal changes.

I have the OEM Pirelli P-Zeros available if anyone wants them. They are brand new with less than 100 miles on them. I’m in Greenwich, CT if anyone is interested in picking them up.

Here’s a video of the animation of the clear side markers. Instead of a standard blink, the light travels left to right (opposite on the passenger side of the car). No warning lights and fitment is good. Subtle mod, but I like it.

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
That 720s is beautiful. You have good taste in cars.
A good friend of mine has a 765LT spider.
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods 20230712_130646

He took it out about a week ago for the 1st time in months and a teenage girl (on her phone) rear ended him at a stop light. It will take months to repair it. I would be so nervous driving a car like that, just waiting to get nailed.

• Wow
Reactions: B61

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
20230712_130646.jpg

He took it out about a week ago for the 1st time in months and a teenage girl (on her phone) rear ended him at a stop light. It will take months to repair it. I would be so nervous driving a car like that, just waiting to get nailed.
That’s how I’m feeling in my first week with the Taycan! :whew:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
The Pilot Sport all seasons are great. Very good grip in all conditions. The grip won’t be as good as the summer performance Pilot Sports (4S or Cup 2), but I feel it’s the best tire for my year round driving, without having to swap them during seasonal changes.
These might be my next set of tires. I assume that the slightly different size on the rears didn't cause any issues? Using a tire size calculator it appears that the new size is about .4 inches wider and .25 inches taller than the stock size.

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
These might be my next set of tires. I assume that the slightly different size on the rears didn't cause any issues? Using a tire size calculator it appears that the new size is about .4 inches wider and .25 inches taller than the stock size.
Going with a 315 rear tire gives you more options for tire selection, and there are no fitment issues, even with the car lowered a bit.

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
20230712_130646.jpg

Thanks! The 720s is unbelievable…..crazy fast and handles so well! The 765LT is next level….very special car. Sorry to hear about him getting rear ended. That’s horrible!