AC humming noises

taycan-2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’m curious if anyone has run into this issue and got it fixed with dealership? Th is humming noise happens intermittently to me typically at low speed. If I turn off the AC but leave the fan on it’ll go away. Dealership replaced the AC compressor but that didn’t fixed it. The car is sent to a different dealership currently and they have problem reproducing the issue. It was mentioned tho last time they didn’t replace the bracket and mounts for the compressor so it might be relevant. Someone also pointed me to this but I assume if that’s the issue it should happen consistently when AC is on and blowing cool air?

Last edited:

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
OP
OP

taycan-2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks a lot for all the pointers folks! @TXAG I’m curious whether the noise you had was intermittent or always happened with AC on?

Welcome to the forum, @taycan-2022 !

It might be your expansion valve. Mine was growling, too, in my 2022 RWD. It took awhile to fix because the new expansion valve had to be shipped from Germany to the USA. (BTW the A/C always worked even when my expansion valve was growling.)

Look at posts #6 and #7 in this thread, and then talk with your dealer:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/unknown-sound-is-back.9550/#post-191243

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks a lot for all the pointers folks! @TXAG I’m curious whether the noise you had was intermittent or always happened with AC on?
Glad to help! The noise was intermittent when the A/C was on, but the A/C had to be on for the noise to occur. The noise didn't occur when the A/C was off and the seat ventilation was on.

OP
OP

taycan-2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Update: we ended up replacing the mounting bracket. Have had the car back for 2 weeks ish now and so far so good. I hope the issue was indeed fixed instead of weather getting cooler now tho

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Update: we ended up replacing the mounting bracket. Have had the car back for 2 weeks ish now and so far so good. I hope the issue was indeed fixed instead of weather getting cooler now tho
Just picked up mine today. Here's what was done:
1697515055344.png

Drove 45 miles home with the A/C on in 100 °F (38 °C) weather without any growling :whew: