Alarm, Bluetooth, and Apple CarPlay Issues

erickorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan 4S Cross
Country flag
Hi, Purchased a new 22 CT 4S last week and from day one I have been getting random false alarms when vehicle is parked and security is enabled. I also have been getting no connection with bluetooth and apple car play. This has also been a random occurrence but is happening more often. Anybody else having similar issues? I see that people are having similar issues through the web and this forum but there really does not seem to be a proper fix. I feel it is either apple's issue or Porsche? I love the car other than these software and alarm issues. Cheers.
Sponsored

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
First off, welcome to the Taycan family, and sorry you're running into issues. Most of these issues have proper fixes that should have already been applied for you, or have fixes you can request.

There's an open service bulletin for the alarm issue (arguably the worst problem from my experience) and we've covered it in detail in another thread that may help you: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/alarm-keeps-going-off.7202/page-13#post-143373

Give a ring to your dealer and provide the following info which I provided to my Sales Associate, which should help. Here's what I said roughly in my discussion:

"I'm curious if the service advisors have been made aware of an updated part from Porsche to resolve the false alarm issues on the Taycan. From everything I'm seeing over the last couple weeks, it appears there's a new alarm sensor to replace the original / problematic ones. The new part number appears to be PAB-951-172. I'd like to schedule the fix for this since it's impacting my day to day. Thanks"

I can confirm this fixed the issue 100%. Additionally, there are a number of other software updates that already existed for other issues around bluetooth and carplay that should have been installed before you took ownership. It would be ideal if they confirmed all service updates have been made to your car.

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi, Purchased a new 22 CT 4S last week and from day one I have been getting random false alarms when vehicle is parked and security is enabled. I also have been getting no connection with bluetooth and apple car play. This has also been a random occurrence but is happening more often. Anybody else having similar issues? I see that people are having similar issues through the web and this forum but there really does not seem to be a proper fix. I feel it is either apple's issue or Porsche? I love the car other than these software and alarm issues. Cheers.
I had the alarm issues a quick fix is to always use the key fob and double click lock. Porsche are aware of the alarm issue but are slow to correct it. My car is going in for a software update and the service department say they have a fix. Let’s see.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Suddenly after 18 perfect months Car Play is gone. Anyone have a clue how to re establish it?
Sponsored