Alarm Issues

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I get an interior alarm error in Porsche Connect app, does that mean the car alarm is blaring outside? The reason I ask is this just happened and I am nowhere near the car. If so, how long does it keep going off until it turns itself off?
Sponsored

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
When I get an interior alarm error in Porsche Connect app, does that mean the car alarm is blaring outside? The reason I ask is this just happened and I am nowhere near the car. If so, how long does it keep going off until it turns itself off?

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
If you got a notification in the Connect app that the alarm went off, yes, it is blaring wherever it is. Not sure how long it goes until it turns itself off. Likely it will go off again.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Yes. Use the app to unlock the car to turn it off.

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
It turns off after a couple of minutes but will go off again. When I am leaving the car for a long time in a parking lot i always double click to lock button on the key fob, just in case.

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
I just ran into an alarm issue this morning. The alarm rings the second I press the button to lock the car. I’ve turned off interior monitoring, double tap reset of pcm, and even just turning off/on the car and going for a spin. Nothing works. In fact I can’t even leave it unlocked because it rings after a minute in (some sort of auto lock?). It is driving me insane so I took it straight to the dealer so they can have the car ring on their lot instead of my garage or commuter lot.

this seems a bit different than what others are describing? Can anyone commiserate?

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
Update: dealer has had my car for two working days now and have no idea why the alarm keeps ringing. They called to say they had to reach out to Germany for direction. This is the first major problem I’ve had with the Taycan, but not boding well at all.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Update: dealer has had my car for two working days now and have no idea why the alarm keeps ringing. They called to say they had to reach out to Germany for direction. This is the first major problem I’ve had with the Taycan, but not boding well at all.
To be fair, this is not a common problem with the Taycan. It could take them a little bit to troubleshoot it. I hope they get it figured out soon for you.
Sponsored