Jatter

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi, I am new to this forum. I received my car 2nd week in November 2020. Its a 4s with the performance battery. Due to various reasons (not car related) I haven't been able to drive the car much since I got it. It has only got 270 miles on the clock. Today was going to be the first real driving of the car with a trip to London and back. I topped up the charge level of the car over Saturday day and night with the supplied Porsche charger using the 3 pin plug option. I decided i would get it out of the garage last night so it was ready to go early this morning. Started it up but it would not reverse. It felt like the brakes had seized on. It had not been moved for 3 weeks. After turning on and off numerous times , checking to make sure nothing under any of the wheels it still would not move. I tried one more time and it freed with a bang. No warning lights or messages to indicate anything wrong so I took it for a run to make sure everything was ok. When I got on to the main road, i put my foot down. It accelerated as normal and then went into limp mode with a warning sign on the dash ' All wheel system failure - Adapted driving permitted. '. I managed to get back home and parked up on my drive. Turned off and then back on and the same message came back up. I contacted the dealer and explained what had happened and then called PA to take the car away. When they came to collect it, the warning message had gone.
Reading through the various treads, I wondered if it is anything to do with the 12v issues or has anyone else had this sort of thing happen?
Cheers
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This could have been the brakes - with the Model S, if I parked it for more than 24 hours with the discs / pads wet, this exact thing (felt like brakes were on then would give way with a bang) would happen. Never in conjunction with a drive system warning or error though.

The Taycan drive computer may have detected this as a non-fatal problem and gave you the warning. Non-fatal errors are cleared after the car has been off (locked) for at least 5 (maybe 15?) minutes.

All that said, that you didn't get the warning right away - you got it while driving - is indicative of a possibly different problem.

OP
OP

Jatter

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
This could have been the brakes - with the Model S, if I parked it for more than 24 hours with the discs / pads wet, this exact thing (felt like brakes were on then would give way with a bang) would happen. Never in conjunction with a drive system warni
This could have been the brakes - with the Model S, if I parked it for more than 24 hours with the discs / pads wet, this exact thing (felt like brakes were on then would give way with a bang) would happen. Never in conjunction with a drive system warning or error though.

The Taycan drive computer may have detected this as a non-fatal problem and gave you the warning. Non-fatal errors are cleared after the car has been off (locked) for at least 5 (maybe 15?) minutes.

All that said, that you didn't get the warning right away - you got it while driving - is indicative of a possibly different problem.
Thanks for the reply. I will let you know what porsche say.
ng or error though.

Thanks for the resply. I will keep you updated when i hear from porsche.

OP
OP

Jatter

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. I will keep you updated when i hear from porsche.
Just an update. Got the car back from Porsche Wolverhampton (who were very good throughout) .
The timings of the errors all matched up with their diagnostic check. It was a software glitch and they had to cleanse the system and update... All seems to be good again now.
Sponsored