Anybody knows what this Icon means in the PCM

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have attached a photo of an icon I do not know what it means. It is the one at the bottom completely on the left hand side. Two horizontal bars with a diagonal across. Anybody know what this means please?

Porsche Taycan Anybody knows what this Icon means in the PCM IMG_6142
Sponsored

OP
OP
AnloTaycan2022

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. I have lost all communications between MyPorsche (Web and the Iphone App), and I am almost sure it is when I saw this icon being displayed. I am in Montreal in Canada. Would you know if it requires the LTE cellular service to get the car connected to MyPorsche? The car is still connected to my account however, so there is still a connection happening between the car and the Porsche servers somehow. Maybe it is just the "MyPorsche" service being down simply.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Interesting. I have lost all communications between MyPorsche (Web and the Iphone App), and I am almost sure it is when I saw this icon being displayed. I am in Montreal in Canada. Would you know if it requires the LTE cellular service to get the car connected to MyPorsche? The car is still connected to my account however, so there is still a connection happening between the car and the Porsche servers somehow. Maybe it is just the "MyPorsche" service being down simply.
Hard to determine with just a short time frame involved. This usually means that the cars SIM card is no longer being detected or connected to the cellular network. If it does not reconnect in few days, then its off to the shop. Fortunately, this loss of cellular connection is a known problem and can be solved, usually with software reinstall or upgrade. Some folks have had the communication module replaced.

In answer to your question:
<<Would you know if it requires the LTE cellular service to get the car connected to MyPorsche?>>
Yes, without cellular service the car will not connect to the Porsche server and MyPorsche.

<<Maybe it is just the "MyPorsche" service being down simply.>> That would account for failure to connect but it would not account for the icon you are seeing. That icon indicates the car is not connected to a cellular network. I also assume that the area your car is in is not experiencing an LTE outage or interruption. That why I mentioned that a few days is needed before you can be really sure where the problem is.

OP
OP
AnloTaycan2022

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. Interestingly my driver account seems to be there.
Sponsored