First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Ducati Hypermotard KTM LC4 Supermoto
Country flag
Hey all
Had my turbo since xmas eve and now aprox 900 miles in and loving it!
Came from last 2 years in a Jag I-PACE which hated public chargers but otherwise was reasonably good, but in a different (lower) league to the Taycan
My app is showing service due now so wondering if all cars need a quick check over at an early stage or if there’s something wrong I’m not aware of?
Last time i had a car needing a 500+ mile check was 1st gen R35 GTR and I thought we were by that kind of need nowadays
Sponsored

jhawks9028

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Base
Country flag
Same here. I think it's a minor recall causing the need to go in. Try and make a service appointment and you should see why Porsche wants you in as you select reasons for your visit.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hey all
Had my turbo since xmas eve and now aprox 900 miles in and loving it!
Came from last 2 years in a Jag I-PACE which hated public chargers but otherwise was reasonably good, but in a different (lower) league to the Taycan
My app is showing service due now so wondering if all cars need a quick check over at an early stage or if there’s something wrong I’m not aware of?
Last time i had a car needing a 500+ mile check was 1st gen R35 GTR and I thought we were by that kind of need nowadays
If you didn't order the first aid kit or the tyre inflator then you will get this random service message.

If you go into "Smart Service" you can edit items to be monitored and ignore these ones

There should be more information describing what the service is. If not the above then it could be a pre-empt for something. Contact your dealer to be sure or use the Porsche Recall checker (bottom of main Porsche website home page) to check.

First service will be 2 years or 18,000 miles.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
If you didn't order the first aid kit or the tyre inflator then you will get this random service message.

If you go into "Smart Service" you can edit items to be monitored and ignore these ones

There should be more information describing what the service is. If not the above then it could be a pre-empt for something. Contact your dealer to be sure or use the Porsche Recall checker (bottom of main Porsche website home page) to check.

First service will be 2 years or 18,000 miles.
I have the same notification in my app. Where is "Smart Service"? Is it inside the app?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
we

Where on the pcm is it? I can’t find it.
Really?

It is a large icon on the main PCM home screen labelled "Smart Service" (F) below. I would share a screen shot but as the simulator is broken I can't so I've gone to the Porsche Good to Know App (download if you don't have it):

Porsche Taycan App says service due 20220117_114332000_iOS

Porsche Taycan App says service due 20220117_114254000_iOS

You'll need to go into the various menus / options to reference the elements I mentioned BUT only do this is the service notification relates to the items I mentioned. If there is a recall then you need to use the recall checker UK - https://recall.porsche.com/prod/pag/vinrecalllookup_V3.nsf/VIN?ReadForm&c=usa - may be the same link in your region - and enter your VIN. Failing that, contact the dealer.