Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
After 3 years of driving electric cars I think going forward battery size will be irrelevant if more charging points will be available.
Completely agree! And just look at the latest great trip report by @tigerbalm to Arctic Circle. I think he summarised that he never had to wait for the car to charge, but they had nice breaks with coffee etc..

Would be nice if the cars are getting more efficient and lighter and thus have have Smaller batteries.
Sponsored

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I hope that 8-10 years from now, battery tech and prices will have improved and wherever our Taycans are at that time the owners will be able to replace defective or degraded battery modules, somewhat like how a clutch is replaced on ICE today.

Future will tell whether 70% of Porsche Taycans will be on the road in 20-40 years from now, something Porsche claims all of their cars produced until now achieve

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Future will tell whether 70% of Porsche Taycans will be on the road in 20-40 years from now, something Porsche claims all of their cars produced until now achieve
That number (the percentage) kept dropping throughout the year - from 85% trending down. Those darn Macans ;-) (and Singer, too, I doubt poor 964s are still counted as "being on the road" after they've been "reimaged").

But the meta point is that the Taycan is a mass market vehicle - it'll never be a collectible. If any particular exemplar is worth keeping on the road or not will come down to the cost of repairs (_this_ being low is what kept so many Porsches alive) and the inherent robustness of the model (and there are good signs for this one).
Sponsored