Battery warranty - only for the capacity?

Sajmik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Hi! I am currently looking at used Taycans in Germany. Recently I have spoken with a seller from Porsche Center and he told me a thing that took me by a surprise. According to him the 8 year / 160.000 km warranty is ONLY for the netto capacity of the battery and not for the overall health. So basically if the car breaks down because of the battery this warranty cannot be applied to it.

Is it really like this? This seems baffling to me coming from a Tesla which offers capacity and also overall battery warranty.
Sponsored

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Interesting...

Battery capacity (or the ability to hold x% charge) is the biggest indicator of battery health.

What other aspect of the battery would you be worries about? Compared to all other components in the car, which would also have a likely 3 year warranty (or such).

OP
OP

Sajmik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
There are a few posts on the forum regarding whole battery replacement due to "Electrical System Error".

I understand that battery is made up from modules. But I do not know if a failed module just lowers the total capacity or inhibits the car from operating. On the other hand, mentioned posts were not even talking about a module, but the whole battery and I suspect that might be expensive.
Sponsored