Can you set alarm without inside movement?

Vespercooper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross
Country flag
Is it possible to set alarm and not have the dogs in the back set it off? I thought pushing lock button twice on remote did this. Left dogs in car to go into shop last night and only got inside store before a call from Vodafone assist re alarm going off. Can’t find any old posts although I’m certain I read about this last year.
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Yes.

On my CT4S when I switch the car off with the button an overlay comes up on the PCM main screen reminding me to remove valuables and asking if I want the internal sensors switched off. I use it whenever I leave my dog in the car.

It was clearly a default setting in mine but if yours doesn't show that it will certainly be found somewhere in the menus. I was too tight to pay extra for comfort access!

OP
OP

Vespercooper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross
Country flag
Thanks. I have noticed the valuables message but didn't pay too much attention. I'll take a closer look later.

Had the car for 1 1/2 years but didn't want to take the chance of finding 2 whippets in the back seat having jumped over. Thankfully they were both well behaved despite the alarm going off.

Kaan34

First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is it possible to set alarm and not have the dogs in the back set it off? I thought pushing lock button twice on remote did this. Left dogs in car to go into shop last night and only got inside store before a call from Vodafone assist re alarm going off. Can’t find any old posts although I’m certain I read about this last year.
As far as I know once you lock the door with the key, you have to hit the lock button again in a few seconds . Then the alarm is on but not sensitive to movement inside the car

Kaan34

First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I found your answer from manual

Porsche Taycan Can you set alarm without inside movement? IMG_5713

OP
OP

Vespercooper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross
Country flag
I did hit the button twice but suspect the delay between both pushes must have been more than 2 seconds.
Sponsored