CarPlay does not work (anymore)

Alfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST
Country flag
The car complains that I have to enable Siri. It was complaining about that in the early days than I did something to enable Siri and it worked! Now it’s broken again and I did not really change anything related to Siri.

The last thing I did was as trying remote parking and for that you must give permission to track GPS always (only when using the app does not work… WTF) so I changed it back giving no GPS permission to the MyPorsche App. Dunno if that is related or not.
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Mine stopped working too so I just don't bother with it any more, so sorry can't help on why.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Does it work if you connect the phone with a cable?

Also, while it might not be related to your problem, make sure that the phone isn’t connected to the car Wifi. Wireless CarPlay uses Wi-Fi to connect so I’ve found that manually connecting to the Wi-Fi made it significantly more unreliable (it seems like it tries to disconnect and reconnect multiple times)

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
I am not happy with CarPlay either and it is quite unreliable. Once in a while I unpair in my phone settings and also from the car and do the re-pairing process, which gets it working again.
In general I try not to think too much about the software shortcomings with the Taycan and just enjoy what it is good at … the driving experience 😎

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I've also noticed that lately wireless Carplay is connecting less reliably. The solution for me is to go into my iphone and toggle Bluetooth off and back on. That alone somehow resets things and usually the car will automatically connect with the phone after that. It's annoying to have to do it because I've already started my drive, but it seems like a reliable workaround.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Weird - have not had and continue to not have any issues whatsoever with wireless CarPlay in last couple months - my experience can’t be unique so I do wonder if the specific issues here are more likely due to personal phone setups and/or local network issues as surely otherwise we’d all be reporting them.
Sponsored