Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I had a strange event with charging this evening. I returned home with car at about 40% charge level at just before 16.00. I had planned to depart again at about 20.15, so set the timer to 80% charge at 20.00. This was set as a once off and not repeat timer.
As it turned out my departure was delayed until 21.00 when I came down to the car. To my surprise the car was still charging at that stage! And the charge level was now about 87%, with the display indicating that the battery would be charged at 23.xx. That would mean 100% charge level, which I certainly had not set. The settings were correct in the car but obviously the time had passed without the charging ending.

I also later discovered a notification on my phone from Porsche Connect app. Saying something along the line of “ The set charge level cannot be reached”. There was no time indication that I could see. And now that notification is not on my phone any longer?

• If the car can not reach the set charge level, once it has passed the time set it continues charging to 100%!
  • this could have been the problem some members have had when they have set a preferred charging time, such as 2.00 am to 5.00 am plus a charge level of say 85%. If the time available was not long enough to reach the charge level, the car charges to 100%? Seems to have happened to a number of members?
  • why did the car not just stop charging at the time set? Even if the charge level had not been reached?
  • or
  • why did the car not stop charging once the set level of 80% was reached?
Has anybody else seen similar issues?

I do not understand how Porsche has managed to complicate the settings for charging so much?
And still you can not set a target charge level when DC charging?
The Software in the Taycan needs a major overhaul. This is not how it should be in a premium brand vehicle.

Very frustrated with all the problems with this car now.
Sponsored