BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Hmmm. Makes the case for only buying an EV if you've got off-street charging at home, doesn't it.
Porsche's Ionity 30p kWh for 1st 3 years looks a very good deal now, though still few and far between. Wonder if they'll try wriggle out of it.

T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
The home rates are also shooting. My current rate is 16p per kWh and the renewal letters shows 0.50p per kwh.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The home rates are also shooting. My current rate is 16p per kWh and the renewal letters shows 0.50p per kwh.
Yes, but is that rate pre the £2.5k cap announcement?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's hoping!
I keep getting 'change your DD amount', 'Actually don't change your DD amount' emails from assorted suppliers, so lost track!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I just looked into this and found the following:

What’s the maximum charge for a single unit of electricity or gas from 1 October 2022?
So, from 1 October 2022, if you’re on a standard variable tariff paying by direct debit, the average unit price will be frozen at 34.0p/kWh for electricity and 10.3p/kWh for gas (including VAT).

Does this replace the £400 discount on energy bills?
No, the Energy Price Guarantee will run alongside this discount (called the Energy Bills Support Scheme), so households will still receive the £400 discount on energy bills. The most vulnerable households will also continue to receive £1,200 of support.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I hope people boycott Osprey. I believe they were sold to private equity so they need to make more profit than listed companies. He criticises the government but in March was welcoming the huge investment by the government

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/government-pledges-500m-ev-charging-points-tenfold/

That basically means he is more than happy to take public money for building more chargers but will then profit from it.

IMO, the government needs to setup it’s own network and we’ll see that £1 per kw ludicrous price drop.

Stop the subsidy and he’ll change his tune.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
So now the government has capped the electricity for businesses to HALF does this mean Osprey will cut it’s prices to 50p ?

I’m sure they will wait a while and then drop to a “bargain” 80p or something!

I’m happy to stick to IONITY and shell at the 30p ish mark…
Sponsored