Chedman13's 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo - Finally here!

Chedman13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GL63 Brabus B63 Widestar, Awaiting Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Exciting day today - finally got a brand new, leftover 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo for my wife. It's been a very unusual selection process - the criteria was a new car and started with a Toyota Camry. It then moved to a Toyota 4Runner, Porsche Macan and finally the VW Atlas. The VW dealership also has a Porsche dealership attached, and my wife spotted the Taycan (not even being considered) and fell in love.

2-3 months later (I lost count) after agreeing to purchase the car - rear cracked windshield, software update (recall), steering wheel adjuster control, broken visor clip, keys (new ones needed as they drained the battery in a day), etc. - all with the shortage of parts took that long (multiple re-orders of parts).

I now have to bring it back in for:
  1. another broken visor clip (no idea how it happened, could have been the detailer that did the final clean)
  2. rear ticking sound which thanks to this forum means an air hose is pinched
Good news is I had a lot of time to setup the garage for charging and plan my mods:
  1. Clear side marker
  2. Taycan Turbo sticker in silver (OEM)
  3. Mission-E wheels (all black)
  4. Porsche seat back protectors and seat protectors (for child seats)
  5. Suncoast screen protectors (which are amazing btw, crystal clear and zero issues. Just takes a bit of time to make sure no dust gets underneath).
  6. Warning triangle for front trunk area (European one - and then after getting the car realized there already is one on the driver's side compartment - but the European one is a neat red one)
  7. Porsche LED door logos for all 4 doors
  8. Porsche winter floor mats - though I am contemplating the WeatherTech ones as these don't have the lip/buckets to catch everything. Need to find that post where someone had custom decals made for it.
  9. Key covers to protect the keys (aftermarket Amazon)
  10. 2 PMCC's and 2 docking cabinets
  11. PPF (getting this done in a few weeks - full car)
  12. Window tint (35% front/rear + 70% windshield - nano ceramic)
  13. Fidelity extended warranty 10yr/100k miles
  14. Probably going to self-insure the wheel and tire
  15. License plate frame - WeatherTech in Black

Porsche Taycan Chedman13's 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo - Finally here! IMG_9280
Porsche Taycan Chedman13's 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo - Finally here! IMG_9293