plamichigan

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Cayenne, 1970s era Buick
Country flag
My 2020 Taycan S had a sudden "component inactive/service required" warning (in white, on rightmost of the 3 central screens). The warning would not go away.

I took it to the dealer the next morning, who (helpfully) had a loaner for me. It took 5 days, but during that time:
--An OTA component had "bricked". It had to be completely replaced. This caused the warning.
--Another recall campaign (airbag) was completed.
--Some other reprogramming was accomplished.

Although the warning was scary, it was possible to drive it, at least to the dealer.

PLA
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My 2020 Taycan S had a sudden "component inactive/service required" warning (in white, on rightmost of the 3 central screens). The warning would not go away.

I took it to the dealer the next morning, who (helpfully) had a loaner for me. It took 5 days, but during that time:
--An OTA component had "bricked". It had to be completely replaced. This caused the warning.
--Another recall campaign (airbag) was completed.
--Some other reprogramming was accomplished.

Although the warning was scary, it was possible to drive it, at least to the dealer.

PLA
White messages are generally least scary and temporary - orange can be edge of seat but red ones can (sometimes self-clear) be the full deal.