COVID19 Deals?

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
5% for a used car is not much of a discount.
I would disagree with respect to a brand new, high demand car. Most of these cars have less than 600 miles on them, and several less than 100. Porsche was not discounting anything originally.
Sponsored

Docgold

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Turbo
Country flag
yea, dealers are getting scared - and maybe they should be. If you have the means it's probably a good time to get a deal...

Quiote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera GTS
Country flag
if you type Taycan on the search it shows 8 card (more then 2 demos..) i also find it hard to believe they have more than 1 demo.
And yes, i'm looking for a good deal! you have to admit that the car is overpriced, Porsche also believe it by marking the residual value to 58% (for 36 months)
Agree!! It’s way overpriced!

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SLS
Country flag
All car dealers are getting a bit desperate at this stage, which is to be expected.

I was shopping for a couple cars just before COVID hit and now those dealers are hitting me with a barrage of daily emails and text messages about how much they’re willing to come down in price or offers of free 6 months.

Here’s to hoping things return to normal soon, but the world of cars and driving have changed dramatically over the last couple months just like every other thing we all took for granted previously.

First time in my life, I could care less about what car I drive, because I‘m not driving anymore!! My average mileage is about 3 miles PER WEEK!! To and from the grocery store and actually glad I didnt purchase anything just a couple months ago, because this would bring a whole new meaning to the term “garage queen”!!

Be safe fellas

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Agree!! It’s way overpriced!
Overpriced in an economic sense would mean that marginal profit would increase if the price were decreased and from a business sense it would mean total profit would increase if price were lowered. Otherwise, overpriced from the buyer simply means the buyer cannot afford the product

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Otherwise, overpriced from the buyer simply means the buyer cannot afford the product
That’s not correct. Overpriced from the buyer means they do not personally value the product at or above the seller’s price. People who claim a Porsche is overpriced sometimes mean that. More often they are just grousing that Porsche’s profit margin is higher than they’d like. People with fat wallets have still been known to complain from time to time and the human desire to do so has to do with more than what they can afford.

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
My dealer contacted me out of the blue yesterday to advise me of the status of my car and that the ETA was now July 25. In response I advised him that I was concerned about the economy, thinking about a 21 since delivery was so late and possibly cancelling. However, since I am a long time client if they would discount the car to take that option off the table.. His immediate response was no Porsche dealer is discounting a 4s and that if I want to cancel and get my deposit back no problem. Needless to say, with limited product and high demand, the dealer still has control. It is possible things may change in a couple of months but for the time time being, at least in Southern California no 4s deals.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
... no Porsche dealer is discounting a 4s ...
I don't blame them. There is someone out there waiting who will buy the vehicle.

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SLS
Country flag
Damn! This requirement to put $20K down was at Manhattan Motors in NYC and because I wasn’t thrilled with tying up my money while waiting on delivery, decided to take a pass. Salesman made it sound like that’s just what Porsche requires to build the car.

If people have dealers in the tri state area that they work with, I’d love to hear more.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Salesman made it sound like that’s just what Porsche requires to build the car.
Porsche corporate doesn't require anything. That is totally the dealer's decision.

I would ask a salesperson specifically what is required, and then make a counter offer. Sometimes salespeople will imply or hint or say this is what some other guy just put down, etc.

Secondly, if you are up to it, order from any dealer and then have the car delivered to the PEC in Atlanta. would be a fun experience then you have the road trip home to enjoy the car. Just an idea.
Sponsored