CPO CT

beefster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Options wise it has the basics (premium pack, sport chrono, 400v/150kw charger), though missing a few nice to have options: adaptive cruise, rear axle steering, and insulated glass. I don't know the the Canadian market but $150k CA --> $120k USD is in the ballpark for the CT4S US market, if anything a little high. Mamba Green is amazing though!

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Green is definitely a factor here. Nothing against people who love green but I think we can all agree it's not a color for everyone.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I paid a bit under $80K USD for a nearly identically optioned 2021 4S sedan with lower miles, but in a different color. Only major difference is I have 20 inch wheels rather than 21.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Unfortunately for me, it seems the Canadian market is a bit screwy. Prices are on the high side, and EV sales still seem strong. CT’s and STs are rare on the CPO market, and are mostly $160+. The sedan is different, as I’m seeing a few low mileage 2023s for the same price as this car. The CT is a must I think, with a family of 5 and coming off an S with its fantastic amount of storage with the hatch and big frunk (I have a single motor, so the frunk is maybe 30% larger than current vehicles)

I think I will go test a Taycan sedan (saloon?) just to see, as $$$ is as big a factor as practicality

I did notice it’s missing heads up (want) and passenger display (nice to have). I haven’t experienced RAS, but it’s overwhelmingly praised in this forum, and yes the privacy glass is a need I think….going 10yrs in an EV, anything to make it quieter is better….it does help with that a bit, right?

thanks for the help. The green wasn’t a strong presence, but I could make do. Especially with the green stitching inside.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
That Mamba Green deviated stitching was an expensive option !

I live in Northern Calif and nobody pays attention to my Mamba Green CT. It's just another car around here...

OP
OP

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
It almost makes me want to look past the lack of HUD

beefster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Unfortunately for me, it seems the Canadian market is a bit screwy. Prices are on the high side, and EV sales still seem strong. CT’s and STs are rare on the CPO market, and are mostly $160+. The sedan is different, as I’m seeing a few low mileage 2023s for the same price as this car. The CT is a must I think, with a family of 5 and coming off an S with its fantastic amount of storage with the hatch and big frunk (I have a single motor, so the frunk is maybe 30% larger than current vehicles)

I think I will go test a Taycan sedan (saloon?) just to see, as $$$ is as big a factor as practicality

I did notice it’s missing heads up (want) and passenger display (nice to have). I haven’t experienced RAS, but it’s overwhelmingly praised in this forum, and yes the privacy glass is a need I think….going 10yrs in an EV, anything to make it quieter is better….it does help with that a bit, right?
If you are open to the sedan, they are much cheaper than equivalent CT/ST. I had a Model S and 3 previously and both CT and sedan have less storage than a Model S. Storage space is more comparable to a Model 3 really. If you have adults/big kids regularly sitting in the back the CT is preferable.

HUD is nice and I've had it in previous cars but the Taycan's digital cockpit has enough info and is not far from eye level anyway. Passenger display doesn't really add much as the functions are on the center screen which the passenger can also easily reach. It does look better than a blank glossy black trim though. RAS is absolutely worth it for maneuvering in tight lots, parking, u-turns etc. Insulated glass is noticeable at highway speeds and I wish mine had it.

OP
OP

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Yeah I am thinking the hud and passenger display are nice to have, but not deal breakers….passenger display just looks better than shiny plastic.
But the storage is killing me. My S has been the family workhorse….and I have until Dec 31 to transfer my free unlimited supercharging to a new vehicle….but I know it’s a trap LOL

I’m seeing a 2023 Taycan sedan for the same price as this CT with only 90km mileage, and it has the tech package! Decisions decisions :facepalm:

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Yeah I am thinking the hud and passenger display are nice to have, but not deal breakers….passenger display just looks better than shiny plastic.
But the storage is killing me. My S has been the family workhorse….and I have until Dec 31 to transfer my free unlimited supercharging to a new vehicle….but I know it’s a trap LOL

I’m seeing a 2023 Taycan sedan for the same price as this CT with only 90km mileage, and it has the tech package! Decisions decisions :facepalm:
Not that it makes a difference, but I'm in Canada, and waited until HUD and passenger displays were included in what I was looking for, including CT (well, ST in my case), as I got kids and appreciate the extra room.

OP
OP

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I hear ya. I guess I’m just trying to pick from what’s out there because my S just crapped out this week. I must take a breath and wait for the right spec to come along. But to quote Elephant and Piggie (I’ve got a little one), waiting isn’t easy!

How many kids? I have three, and am concerned about space even with a CT. I’m 6’2, so my seat will be back a bit….but it’s 95% just me and the three boys, so mainly 4 seater runs
Sponsored