Crayon exterior different colour to Crayon/Black leather interior?

Al1013

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
330E
Country flag
So a newbie that’s just ordered a 4s here. After lots of thought I specced a Crayon model with a crayon/black leather interior. Saw both on different cars in different locations. I was struck by the interior appeared to be much whiter than the “Crayon” exterior. Is this the case? Am I correct in this? Why is it called “Crayon” if so?
If this is the case does the colour combo still work? Or is it close, but different causing it it look a bit odd? If you spec the accent package in exterior colour are you getting a slightly different colour inside?

Any pictures or opinions greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your order. I've never seen a Crayon over Crayon combo, but I suspect that you are correct in noting that the interior Crayon appears lighter.
Have you checked the Chalk club thread for photos? (I believe that's the name used in US and maybe some other markets for what elsewhere is called Crayon body colour)...
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/chalk-taycan-club.2642/

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
Whilst I don’t own a Taycan, my Macan is Crayon, with Pebble & Black interior, and the pebble is a slightly lighter colour than the Crayon, but I think the combo looks great! 👍

Porsche Taycan Crayon exterior different colour to Crayon/Black leather interior? 5B6DDBA0-F9D1-4A7A-A10F-A550BC87D0E1

Porsche Taycan Crayon exterior different colour to Crayon/Black leather interior? 9F4A6889-4D6E-4B1C-A3FB-180EFFDC9C98

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
So a newbie that’s just ordered a 4s here. After lots of thought I specced a Crayon model with a crayon/black leather interior. Saw both on different cars in different locations. I was struck by the interior appeared to be much whiter than the “Crayon” exterior. Is this the case? Am I correct in this? Why is it called “Crayon” if so?
If this is the case does the colour combo still work? Or is it close, but different causing it it look a bit odd? If you spec the accent package in exterior colour are you getting a slightly different colour inside?

Any pictures or opinions greatly appreciated.
They are the same color but exterior is metal/plastic interior is leather. I have seen it on the Taycan and that is my choice for Taycan interior. I only have pictures of the Cayenne and yes it looked a little whiter at first but then it settles to perfect match, even to key blades, and key leather pouch. I have all of them. They obsess over this stuff, as we pay them to do so, so any mismatch would drive them bonkers. This is not some BMW and who knows what else with mismatched materials.

Porsche Taycan Crayon exterior different colour to Crayon/Black leather interior? 1684874224468

OP
OP

Al1013

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
330E
Country flag
Hmm, this is interesting. AllanG’s Macan looks like the colours I’ve seen in the Taycan. Is it called pebble in that car? Sergey’s comments are reassuring, of course on different surfaces the colours look slightly different. I’ll accept the settling in thing. Either way seeing the Macan makes me feel reassured. Couldn’t find that combo on the Chalk colour thread. It looks great, v happy!

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Hmm, this is interesting. AllanG’s Macan looks like the colours I’ve seen in the Taycan. Is it called pebble in that car? Sergey’s comments are reassuring, of course on different surfaces the colours look slightly different. I’ll accept the settling in thing. Either way seeing the Macan makes me feel reassured. Couldn’t find that combo on the Chalk colour thread. It looks great, v happy!
Hi Al, I am happy to make a picture during the day as my Cayenne is Chalk outside and Chalk/Blue inside. The match is actually impressive from outside to the inside that I did not think would be possible. Therefore, if you go for Chalk Taycan and Black/Chalk interior, I would be shocked they are not a match. I am getting Ice Grey Taycan with Black/Chalk interior since I have Chalk Cayenne and think that this combo on the Taycan works well.

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
I’m in the UK, and here Porsche call Chalk, Crayon, and the leather option is called Pebble………confusing isn’t it!! 😁

OP
OP

Al1013

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
330E
Country flag
Hi Al, I am happy to make a picture during the day as my Cayenne is Chalk outside and Chalk/Blue inside. The match is actually impressive from outside to the inside that I did not think would be possible. Therefore, if you go for Chalk Taycan and Black/Chalk interior, I would be shocked they are not a match. I am getting Ice Grey Taycan with Black/Chalk interior since I have Chalk Cayenne and think that this combo on the Taycan works well.
That would be great to see in a picture. Any time you.get the chance would be fabulous. Thanks

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
and the leather option is called Pebble………confusing isn’t it!! 😁
Not on the Taycan!
Both are called Chalk in the USA and Crayon here on the Taycan configurator.

I wasn’t aware Pebble existed as a colour at Porsche until the post up-thread.

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
I have chalk (crayon)/black interior on my Mamba Green CT. It wouldn’t be exactly what you are asking for, but I will share a pictures from pickup day. Also, when considering chalk/black I was able to See a Cayenne Turbo Chalk (crayon) exterior with chalk/blue interior, it looked really nice. Sold me on the chalk interior.

Porsche Taycan Crayon exterior different colour to Crayon/Black leather interior? F3B93602-5522-4152-B3DD-184881F04B13

Porsche Taycan Crayon exterior different colour to Crayon/Black leather interior? E18F46C1-7C3F-4C17-A808-6FEC885310F5

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
The other thing to bear in mind is that, even when underlying colours are identical, different materials (paintwork, leather, RaceTex, seatbelts) will respond differently to lighting conditions (which are variable), so it'd be best to see as many real examples as you can, to judge how well they work for you, regardless of what they might be labelled. Sometimes, an imperfect match actually enhances the looks IMO, giving more interest than a swathe of uniform colour.
Sponsored