Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLE Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Country flag
FWIW:
- if you want ventilated seats then you have to have the 14-way
- if you don’t have the 2+1 rear seats then the 18-way seats will match the design of the rear seats
- the 18-way seats are likely to be more supportive, but that could feel less comfortable for some people - I think this very much depends on your size and body shape
- to my mind the 18-way seats seem more appropriate for a GTS model
Thanks. Very helpful. Not interested in ventilated seats or 2+1 rear seats but just want to be sure 18 way seats aren't felt to be less comfortable by most people especially on a longer drive.
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Thanks. Very helpful. Not interested in ventilated seats or 2+1 rear seats but just want to be sure 18 way seats aren't felt to be less comfortable by most people especially on a longer drive.
The only way to know is to try - different people fit different seats!
However, it’s not like the 18-way are fixed, stiff bucket seats, they have multi-adjustment so I’d be surprised if you could not get a comfortable position.

OP
OP

markt

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The only way to know is to try - different people fit different seats!
However, it’s not like the 18-way are fixed, stiff bucket seats, they have multi-adjustment so I’d be surprised if you could not get a comfortable position.
Got it. Thanks!

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I thought that the HUD does not display google maps. How are you accessing google maps on HUD - is it through apple Car Play or directly from the pOrsche Nav system?
I selected Google maps (big G on PCM top right) over the default Porsche on nav. Route displayed on PCM, Instrumentation Cluster and directions on HUD.

Are we talking the same thing? I don't know what all this Google Apple play means. Not an Apple user so not sure if I am helping or not!
Porsche Taycan Critique My Build - New GTS Sedan IMG_20220630_172155
Porsche Taycan Critique My Build - New GTS Sedan IMG_20220630_171927

OP
OP

markt

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I selected Google maps (big G on PCM top right) over the default Porsche on nav. Route displayed on PCM, Instrumentation Cluster and directions on HUD.

Are we talking the same thing? I don't know what all this Google Apple play means. Not an Apple user so not sure if I am helping or not!
IMG_20220630_172155.jpg
IMG_20220630_171927.jpg
Although I would defer to those more knowledgeable than myself, from what I’ve read on the forum the G icon on the Porsche nav system allows for a google search for the location but the actual navigation system used is Porsche and not google maps. Just concerned that the intrinsic Porsche nav is just not as accurate as google maps.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Although I would defer to those more knowledgeable than myself, from what I’ve read on the forum the G icon on the Porsche nav system allows for a google search for the location but the actual navigation system used is Porsche and not google maps. Just concerned that the intrinsic Porsche nav is just not as accurate as google maps.
Aha. I get it. It's definitely not Google nav but it is Porsche nav on a Google map. Don't have a problem with it.

OP
OP

markt

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Aha. I get it. It's definitely not Google nav but it is Porsche nav on a Google map. Don't have a problem with it.
Very helpful, thanks.
Sponsored