Differences Taycan 4S - Turbo S Spoiler?

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
I really don't care if it takes a mile or two off of my charge. I don't do that many miles too worry about it.
I also bought the Diffuser for it too.
I know the Purists are rolling over in there grave. But you know what its my car and I don't care.
We all have our own opinions. Opinions are like Assholes, we all have one and keep yours to yourself...
😈

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Hmm do you suspect the range to be changing that much? Maybe a couple of kms less I’d recon?
It depends on the design and the use case. It is a drag increase so will make a bigger difference on higher speed straights and none around town. Drag goes up with speed squared so is a bigger issue at speed.

I presume the Porsche stylists preferred the look without hence the deployment of the standard one only at speed, to reduce lift.

The rear window type spoiler that @PCASSOO made will force the flow to separate over the rear window rather than remain attached and leave the saloon having a similar drag to a Sport Turismo which iirc is 10 to 20% more and probably preventing the tail spoiler doing much at all aerodynamically.

For me ”spoilers” are a styling feature so just a question of whether an individual prefers the look and considers it worth the cost and effort.

Edit:
FWIW my job involved optimising the aerodynamics of Formula 1 and Indy cars over several decades so my knowledge is based on years of experience and testing.
The influence of these devices depends very much on the design of the car they go on. For many years most road cars had little effort put into real aerodynamic performance over styling and attached flow was rare so not much to screw up with add ons for looks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PRIdEVisions

PRIdEVisions

First Name
Davy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
It depends on the design and the use case. It is a drag increase so will make a bigger difference on higher speed straights and none around town. Drag goes up with speed squared so is a bigger issue at speed.

I presume the Porsche stylists preferred the look without hence the deployment of the standard one only at speed, to reduce lift.

The rear window type spoiler that @PCASSOO made will force the flow to separate over the rear window rather than remain attached and leave the saloon having a similar drag to a Sport Turismo which iirc is 10 to 20% more and probably preventing the tail spoiler doing much at all aerodynamically.

For me ”spoilers” are a styling feature so just a question of whether an individual prefers the look and considers it worth the cost and effort.

Edit:
FWIW my job involved optimising the aerodynamics of Formula 1 and Indy cars over several decades so my knowledge is based on years of experience and testing.
The influence of these devices depends very much on the design of the car they go on. For many years most road cars had little effort put into real aerodynamic performance over styling and attached flow was rare so not much to screw up with add ons for looks.
It is indeed for the looks, I appreciate it that you’re sharing your experience, it does give me another perspective on wether or not I’d like to put the spoiler on there. I like it so much but don’t want it to impact too much on the driving experience.

OP
OP
PRIdEVisions

PRIdEVisions

First Name
Davy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ah, I see you are in Belgium. I’m in Texas so it might not make sense to ship it, but I’m happy to send you some pics. Let me find some.
Why not? I’m willing to pay for shipping if it is a quality product 😉

OP
OP
PRIdEVisions

PRIdEVisions

First Name
Davy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I really don't care if it takes a mile or two off of my charge. I don't do that many miles too worry about it.
I also bought the Diffuser for it too.
I know the Purists are rolling over in there grave. But you know what its my car and I don't care.
We all have our own opinions. Opinions are like Assholes, we all have one and keep yours to yourself...
😈
Good thinking!

I love the parts! Very well done! I might be intersted in the roof spoiler, once I’m home tomorrow I’ll send you a text.

OP
OP
PRIdEVisions

PRIdEVisions

First Name
Davy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also made the Forged Carbon Fiber Front Splitter and Side Skirts too.
LOVE these too...

Screenshot_20240106_223851_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240106_223906_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240106_223843_Gallery.jpg
I’m not a fan of the forged carbon yet, I think you’ll have to grow into it like you said.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It is indeed for the looks, I appreciate it that you’re sharing your experience, it does give me another perspective on wether or not I’d like to put the spoiler on there. I like it so much but don’t want it to impact too much on the driving experience.
I don’t think it will add or detract from the driving experience apart from a little range loss so if you like the styling I’d go for it!

OP
OP
PRIdEVisions

PRIdEVisions

First Name
Davy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah, I'd probably do it and order the spoiler!
I am however still looking if I can make the diffuser fit (of the image posted in the first post of this thread) of the Turbo S on the 4S, if it would be a lot of differences

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
I’m not a fan of the forged carbon yet, I think you’ll have to grow into it like you said.
Just to let you know the Forged Carbon Fiber Front Splitter and Side Skirts were secondary thought.
The Original plan is to still do the
8ft x 4ft 3/16 ABS Plastic Front Splitter and Side Skirts.
So as soon as we finish the Machine to do them I'll post them too.
It's going to be a extension of the bottom of our Cars.
Thanks for the Compliments though...
I know 80% if the Taycan Owners are Rolling over in there Graves.
Lol
Did you see the Carbon Fiber Honeycomb Steering wheel?
That caused a lot of Shit too.
I LIKE Problems I guess?
Lol
David
916-275-0777

JBMTTS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
If you’ve been around boards long enough to know what a flame suit is, I have mine on haha. Did a test fit with painters tape but you get the idea.

i’ll also mention that I bought the kit before i even bought the car, and I largely bought it because of the kit. You really need the diffuser though to balance it out.

Porsche Taycan Differences Taycan 4S - Turbo S Spoiler? 83AF375A-1D85-4E47-BC31-640DE397BF01
Porsche Taycan Differences Taycan 4S - Turbo S Spoiler? E52719F5-451F-4D13-B1D5-08D610E4B3B8

Porsche Taycan Differences Taycan 4S - Turbo S Spoiler? A1C0126B-3FDD-46F9-BB93-2ADBAA1C5955
Porsche Taycan Differences Taycan 4S - Turbo S Spoiler? 5EEE3262-A8D8-4996-BCF3-2C33C92637CF

Last edited:

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Some of these mods....just wow.

Ever been in a situation where you see another Taycan on the road, you try to make eye contact with the driver to give a thumbs up or a wave and he/she completely ignores you. That's going to me.

OP
OP
PRIdEVisions

PRIdEVisions

First Name
Davy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you’ve been around boards long enough to know what a flame suit is, I have mine on haha. Did a test fit with painters tape but you get the idea.

i’ll also mention that I bought the kit before i even bought the car, and I largely bought it because of the kit. You really need the diffuser though to balance it out.

83AF375A-1D85-4E47-BC31-640DE397BF01.jpeg
E52719F5-451F-4D13-B1D5-08D610E4B3B8.jpeg

A1C0126B-3FDD-46F9-BB93-2ADBAA1C5955.jpeg
5EEE3262-A8D8-4996-BCF3-2C33C92637CF.jpeg
lmao you bought the kit before the car, I love that vibe hahaha
Super thx for the measure! Going to compare it with mine, well done fitting that kit btw!