Dr.D

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tincan hatch
Country flag
I give up trying to keep her clean - that aerodynamic air curtain is to blame: the front wheels throw all their muck through the slot behind them, then transports it via the air curtain and efficiently deposits it in the low pressure area along the doors. Same problem as the Aston DB 11 suffers from seemingly.
Otherwise - a pleasure to drive (except for that overactive alarm- which I’m sure Porsche will fix soon).
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Ceramic coating will help - a lot.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
My biggest complaint with the aerodynamics and dirt is that every single panel of the car will be clean except for the trunk and rear bumper.
I also love how water, often dirty water, pours into the trunk when opening it after driving in wet or dirty conditions. Absolutely terrific, love getting dirty water all over my stuff.

Bajas21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also love how water, often dirty water, pours into the trunk when opening it after driving in wet or dirty conditions. Absolutely terrific, love getting dirty water all over my stuff.
‘just experienced this on the weekend. Total drag...

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I give up trying to keep her clean - that aerodynamic air curtain is to blame: the front wheels throw all their muck through the slot behind them, then transports it via the air curtain and efficiently deposits it in the low pressure area along the doors. Same problem as the Aston DB 11 suffers from seemingly.
Otherwise - a pleasure to drive (except for that overactive alarm- which I’m sure Porsche will fix soon).
Do you have the electric charge ports or the manual ones? I wasn't sure if speccing the electric ports blocked the air curtain behind the front wheels, due to the extra electronics in the area. Would be good to know though!

OP
OP

Dr.D

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tincan hatch
Country flag
Do you have the electric charge ports or the manual ones? I wasn't sure if speccing the electric ports blocked the air curtain behind the front wheels, due to the extra electronics in the area. Would be good to know though!
I don’t have the electric charge ports option.

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
My dealer recommended to order the electric charge port door, to avoid exactly this issue. Apparently the air curtains will be blocked with the e-port, but not with the manual one.
Sponsored