Jamesfawcett

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Turbo S
Country flag
Has anyone adjusted their own handbrake? I've always done my own cars, and I can put the brakes into service mode myself with my fault reader, but I can't find a good guide anywhere on the forums for the adjustment. Has anyone done it themselves? The quote from the OPC is not massive, but it's in red on the report so needs doing.

The strange thing is my handbrake works well, and holds on my sloped driveway.

I think I'm going to pay for it this time as my car is with them anyway, but for future I would like to be able to do this myself. Any advice welcome :) Thanks
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
There's no adjustment since it's electric, basically adjusts when you use it. If would be different if the Taycan had a traditional hand brake handle that was cable driven. Sounds bogus. If there is any adjustment it would be done with a PIWIS terminal. I would ask exactly how do they adjust and why do they think it needs to be adjusted since the car is held on a slope.

OP
OP
Jamesfawcett

Jamesfawcett

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Turbo S
Country flag
Are you sure? I trust the technician he’s great, the is is:

Fault stored for left handbrake insufficient clearance adjustment required

…so there must be some kind of adjustment/tolerances to change.

It only there was a Taycan Haynes manual

There's no adjustment since it's electric, basically adjusts when you use it. If would be different if the Taycan had a traditional hand brake handle that was cable driven. Sounds bogus. If there is any adjustment it would be done with a PIWIS terminal. I would ask exactly how do they adjust and why do they think it needs to be adjusted since the car is held on a slope.

romed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
well, Jamesfawcett. You are simply right ;) There are several sizes which can be coded. its a pleasure to provide:

BREMSE VA

Grauguss 18", 6 Kolben, 360mm
Grauguss 18/19", 6 Kolben, 390mm
PSCB 20", 10 Kolben, 415mm
PSCB 19/20", 6 Kolben, 410mm
PCCB 20/21", 10 Kolben, 420mm

BREMSE HA

Grauguss 18/19", 4 Kolben, 358mm
PSCB 19/20/21", 4 Kolben, 365mm
PCCB 19/20/21", 4 Kolben, 410mm
Sponsored