Does your 2020 Taycan with the latest software have Android Auto?

Does your 2020 Taycan with the latest software have Android Auto?

• Total voters
OP
OP

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Unfortunately, no. P
Hi, Did you get to the bottom of this? I have the exact problem as yours, but mine is 2021 Taycan 4S. I just got the color tile but no AA tile, my phone also show AA available but nothing is on the PCM screen.
Unfortunately, we are still working through it. Porshe Bethesda Service had the car for a few days in February and said a software update should be coming down in a few weeks and to bring it back then. I brought it back a little over a month later and they said 2020 Taycans can't have it. I said that was initially true but it came down via a PCM update and could they escalate the issue. They said they would have the field tech look at it when he comes. I waited a few more days (without a loaner) and called back and they said he still hasn't been there so I picked the car up and asked them to call me when he is going to be there so I could bring the car in. I never heard back from them so I called Porsche North America. They said 2020 Taycans don't have AA so I said it came down in a PCM update and they looked into and agreed that I was correct. They called Porsche Bethesda on my behalf and then suggested I go to another dealership, 30 minutes away. I dropped the car off their over a week ago and they keep saying they are waiting to hear back from Porsche in Germany for how to resolve it. People say Tesla service sucks but I've never had these issues with Tesla. I always expected more out of Porsche (like them knowing the software, not having to wait 44 days to make an appointment if I want a loaner car, etc).
Sponsored

kanthai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Unfortunately, no. P

Unfortunately, we are still working through it. Porshe Bethesda Service had the car for a few days in February and said a software update should be coming down in a few weeks and to bring it back then. I brought it back a little over a month later and they said 2020 Taycans can't have it. I said that was initially true but it came down via a PCM update and could they escalate the issue. They said they would have the field tech look at it when he comes. I waited a few more days (without a loaner) and called back and they said he still hasn't been there so I picked the car up and asked them to call me when he is going to be there so I could bring the car in. I never heard back from them so I called Porsche North America. They said 2020 Taycans don't have AA so I said it came down in a PCM update and they looked into and agreed that I was correct. They called Porsche Bethesda on my behalf and then suggested I go to another dealership, 30 minutes away. I dropped the car off their over a week ago and they keep saying they are waiting to hear back from Porsche in Germany for how to resolve it. People say Tesla service sucks but I've never had these issues with Tesla. I always expected more out of Porsche (like them knowing the software, not having to wait 44 days to make an appointment if I want a loaner car, etc).
Sorry to hear that. I might have it a bit worse than you, as I paid $1200 for the update to be installed (grey market car) by an independent Porsche mechanic. AA is the only thing I want, but it is entirely missing. The mechanic seems to have no clue why, but he agrees to ask someone from Porsche about it. I also got no loaner as well (has to drive my old 2011 MB C-class for a week). Hope you get yours sorted out soon. I would very much appreciate it if you could ask your dealer how they solve this problem, as I may need to tell my mechanic to do the same.

kanthai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Unfortunately, no. P

Hi, it's been a while. Just wondering if you got AA working in the end. Mine did not. I may give up on it at this point and move on. Found a carplay box that works most of the time, but still does not replace AA entirely.

OP
OP

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, they reapplied the update and made sure a certain module was included. Unfortunately, I don't have any other info.
Sponsored