PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Anyone in the Tampa use an electrician for their home charging that they would recommend? I realize most should be able to handle, but some I talked to seemed to not give me confidence in them. Thanks
Sponsored

BTN1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S & 2020 911 Turbo S
Country flag
Andre (Owner) of I & C electric just installed ours on Monday in Lutz/Cheval. Went perfect. He has handled all of our home electric including 45KW generator...Highly recommended. Always on time and do it right first time...Good luck!

https://electricalcontractingtampa.com

OP
OP
PDACPA

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Andre (Owner) of I & C electric just installed ours on Monday in Lutz/Cheval. Went perfect. He has handled all of our home electric including 45KW generator...Highly recommended. Always on time and do it right first time...Good luck!

https://electricalcontractingtampa.com
Thanks! I am in Carrollwood.

OP
OP
PDACPA

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got a quote for $2,080 for a NEMA 14-50 install. The 50 amp 240V outlet, box, breaker and 5ft of wiring was $550 which I felt was in line.

However, they want an additional $1,530 for a 50A wire run through my attic from the outlet to my main panel (opposite side of the house from the garage). Front of the house is 60feet (they estimated 90) and I realize we have to go up the wall, but that seems excessive. I have a very open attic and have run Cat 5 myself easily in similar areas.

Does the additional wiring seem too high in comparison to others who have completed the install?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Just got a quote for $2,080 for a NEMA 14-50 install. The 50 amp 240V outlet, box, breaker and 5ft of wiring was $550 which I felt was in line.

However, they want an additional $1,530 for a 50A wire run through my attic from the outlet to my main panel (opposite side of the house from the garage). Front of the house is 60feet (they estimated 90) and I realize we have to go up the wall, but that seems excessive. I have a very open attic and have run Cat 5 myself easily in similar areas.

Does the additional wiring seem too high in comparison to others who have completed the install?
it sounds to be a bit on the high side, you should get another quite from a different electrician and also reconsider the placement to lower costs.

BTN1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S & 2020 911 Turbo S
Country flag
was that from Andre?

I didn’t have that long of run so not sure as my dock is few feet from main panel...and I already had NEMA 14-50 in garage just updated it....

def get another quote but this is one thing you want done right the first time time...

OP
OP
PDACPA

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No that was from Tom’s guy (I had called him before you posted Andre’s info. Going to give Andre a call.

I really cannot change the location of where the car is parked. My panel in the garage (which has all the house breakers) has no room for the new service. My main panel does (by the meter) as I had it replaced.

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag

Getting a a second estimate is always a good idea.
Depending on the attic space - code may require the wire to be in conduit or otherwise protected.
Did they provide a price breakdown for labor and materials?

OP
OP
PDACPA

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Getting a a second estimate is always a good idea.
Depending on the attic space - code may require the wire to be in conduit or otherwise protected.
Did they provide a price breakdown for labor and materials?
Only two breakdowns. The 14-50 plug and materials $550 and the second was 90feet run of wire through the attic at $17 a foot.

I searched the cost of the wire (in conduit or not) and 500 ft was not that expensive. If they are charging for the labor to run it, I can have it ready when they arrive.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Only two breakdowns. The 14-50 plug and materials $550 and the second was 90feet run of wire through the attic at $17 a foot.

I searched the cost of the wire (in conduit or not) and 500 ft was not that expensive. If they are charging for the labor to run it, I can have it ready when they arrive.
the $550 for the hardware is costly

OP
OP
PDACPA

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the $550 for the hardware is costly
Here is how it was listed. Waiting on a call back on my second estimate.

Porsche Taycan Experienced with EV Electrician Recommendation Taycan Chr
Sponsored